Sign in to follow this  
King_Can

Hendricks won

Hendricks won rounds 1/2/4 round 3 was gsp's until Hendricks takedown so a 9/9 round there! Round 5 I'm re watching now!

The nasc want shooting! An absolute joke!

Hendricks won rounds 1/2/4 round 3 was gsp's until Hendricks takedown so a 9/9 round there! Round 5 I'm re watching now!

hendricks didnt take him down in round 4

gsp slipped.

gsp slipped.

But he still did damage to Gsp!

gsp slipped.

a takedown and slip is the same thing

Sorry yeah meant 48-47 for gsp. Had 1+4 Hendricks 2+3 gsp then gave 5th to gsp. 2nd was close could of gone to either.

That's the round where Hendricks came the closest to finish GSP. Looks like some GSP fans had the same concussion that GSP himself had after the fight.

rewatching tonight with friends shall pass judgement then.

Sorry yeah meant 48-47 for gsp. Had 1+4 Hendricks 2+3 gsp then gave 5th to gsp. 2nd was close could of gone to either.

That's the round where Hendricks came the closest to finish GSP. Looks like some GSP fans had the same concussion that GSP himself had after the fight.

you have friends?

you have friends?

Stuffed-Animals.jpg

Bottom line is he didn't "win".

He may have done enough to earn the decision, but **** happens when you don't do enough to finish.

If your content to let it go to the judges, you'd better make sure you do it decisively or it's your own fault.

Fighters know by now that the judges don't always get it right, yet they're content to let it go to them, & then are gonna complain afterwards?

Rubbish.

It is what it is. He lost fair & square.

He may have done enough to earn the decision, but **** happens when you don't do enough to finish.

If your content to let it go to the judges, you'd better make sure you do it decisively or it's your own fault.

Fighters know by now that the judges don't always get it right, yet they're content to let it go to them, & then are gonna complain afterwards?

Rubbish.

True. GSP lost fair and square. He should have had a better game plan then maybe 90 % of the fans and pro fighters would agree he won.

Rubbish.

True. GSP lost fair and square. He should have had a better game plan then maybe 90 % of the fans and pro fighters would agree he won.

The only thing he should have included more was more right body kicks. Constant barrage on that left side would have slowed hendricks down considerably more

Rubbish.

No one has a right to complain if it's left to the judges.

Had Johnny gotten the decision, I'd be saying the same thing.

Rubbish.

The only thing he should have included more was more right body kicks. Constant barrage on that left side would have slowed hendricks down considerably more

Agreed. He was having some success with it, but he didn't keep going. I was pretty irritated about it, tbh..

I think in a rematch, he'll realize he shouldn't be content to box with Hendricks & use his legs more.

Still a die hard GSP fan but he's peaked, he had a fantastic career

but Im not going to pretend GSP won, Ill rewatch the fight in the morning but I'm let down by my fellow Canadians

HOW did GSP Lose the fight? He out pointed Hendricks winning more rounds thus won the fight! What I have been seeing is fake fanning from so called GSP fans... Just because GSP did not completely dominate his opponent like so many other fights, he did not win. Or just because he look the worst at the end, he did not win...

IMO... Both foolish conceptions based on nothing more then personal interpretations backed by preconceived notions of what determines then winner of a fight and not the actual rules of HOW one WINS or Loses a FIGHT in the UFC.

Apparently you didn't read the posts that quote the rule book and clearly indicate the Hendricks won.

Apparently it does not do anything for your argument because you should post it if it does anything other then make you look ridiculous.. You can make all the claims you want, you either win by KO, TKO, Tap out, doctor stoppage, corner throws in the towel or by out pointing your opponent... GSP out pointed Hendricks like he has done the last many opponents...

Hendricks could not KO him, make him tap, doctor never came in to stop it, never saw a towel go flying from GSP's corner and he could not out point GSP so how did he win the fight exactly?

gsp slipped.

a takedown and slip is the same thing

Lol A takedown is using force to take the opponent to the ground which earns the one doing the takedown a point while a slip is a accident in which the opponent loses his/her footing for w/e reason, falls down and does not earn a point for the opponent still standing.

So A takedown and a slip are two completely different things obviously. The Only thing that is the same is where the opponent that is takedown or slips ends up...

Rubbish.

I agree on the body kicks but i also think there are a lot of things he could have done differently.

For one all that bouncing around riddum took away from his power so he never quite got his respect and Hendricks would just stay outside and let GSP come to him then make him miss and blitz which gave him a lot of trouble. He also stalked way too much and lead with his head into distance staying in the pocket with no feints or head movement or any attempt to gain a dominant angle to the left away from Hendricks left side and that was getting him in trouble as well. He was also often too upright throwing strikes and didn't move his head off center line and many times when he went for that lead low kick which put him too close and he ate a blitz nearly every time and got clipped on the followup backing out. His clinch was also to upright at times. He needed more sharp level changes to transition for positional dominance constantly looking to get a dominant angle and chain flow with Hendricks counter movement as he adjust instead of just squaring up and trying to muscle into him only getting out lower center of gravity'ed out head positioned and kneed. He also didn't wedge the bicep or wrist control the underhook arm and that was a big key to Hendricks muscling him around.

you have friends?

i do, maybe one day you will too.

Fight reactions to GSP robbery.

1424517_10152015666556276_1395419858_n.jpg

I can't tell if Griffin is laughing at about how bad the judging is or if he's got troll face.

lol @ Matt Hughes on the end there.

He is not imprezed with GSP's performance

two points

point one: While GSP did slip a little but it was Hendricks moving in and tripping him up that caused him to be on his back,

point two: GSP was actually fighting, and he was actually fighting with desperation, and it was awesome. I would have been psyched if not for the poor decision

two points

point one: While GSP did slip a little but it was Hendricks moving in and tripping him up that caused him to be on his back,

point two: GSP was actually fighting, and he was actually fighting with desperation, and it was awesome. I would have been psyched if not for the poor decision

I noticed that too. Hendricks stepped in cutting off his retreat much like a body lock trip where you fold them over the table and George sort of leaned his upperbody away as Hendricks was trying to collar tie and punch.

Round 2- Clearly Johnny

Round 3- Clearly GSP

Round 4- Clearly Johnny

Round 5- Close, but GSP took it

The only contentious round is round 1 (I thought Hendricks won it, but I'll reserve my opinion until I watch it again). Fact is, MMA is scored on a round by round basis, so regardless of what happened the round before, each new round is back to square zero, and by these rules, you can understand how GSP won if the judges give him round 1. It was a close fight but, and my intial reaction was that Johnny was up 2-0 after the first 2, but I'll watch it again to make sure. However people saying it was the biggest robbery in UFC history are idiots, it was one round that determined the fight

Pretty much EXACTLY how I see it.

It all comes down to Round 1, which was close. Anyone denying that on either side is biased & rustled.

Dana White, UFC fighters, and the majority of GSP fans on this forum believe that GSP lost. Effectively, if somebody acknowledges reality, they are biased. The fight was not close. That's why there is an uproar.

I've learnt to completely disregard Dana White's opinion. He's an emotional retard

kapst and IDYB are super butthurt right now. I told you that they would get this way if Hendricks won.

please tell me why i am butthurt?

im not the one crying all over the forums about some kind of robbery while calling everybody else butthurt because they arent snivelling about it too. im actually getting a kick out of reading all these baby bashing losers who have been hating on gsp for years make once again another cry thread. happens after every GSP fight and im loving it.

the judges made the right call last night and im happy for the result. hendricks tapped in the first 20 seconds anyways. it should have been stopped. GSP done a great job of smashing johnnys fists with his face, and he earned his win. not like that black guy the other week who won a fight via repetitive nut shots.

btw no offence to i run this...he aint a hater. but every time some someone makes a gsp related topic, the basher babies always seem to find their way in and start herping their derp all over the place. its not like they are hard to spot either. theyve only been crying about gsp and hating on everything he does for years now. THAT is butthurt.

kapst and IDYB are super butthurt right now. I told you that they would get this way if Hendricks won.

please tell me why i am butthurt?

im not the one crying all over the forums about some kind of robbery while calling everybody else butthurt because they arent snivelling about it too. im actually getting a kick out of reading all these baby bashing losers who have been hating on gsp for years make once again another cry thread. happens after every GSP fight and im loving it.

the judges made the right call last night and im happy for the result. hendricks tapped in the first 20 seconds anyways. it should have been stopped. GSP done a great job of smashing johnnys fists with his face, and he earned his win. not like that black guy the other week who won a fight via repetitive nut shots.

btw no offence to i run this...he aint a hater. but every time some someone makes a gsp related topic, the basher babies always seem to find their way in and start herping their derp all over the place. its not like they are hard to spot either. theyve only been crying about gsp and hating on everything he does for years now. THAT is butthurt.

waikru is clearly the one who's butthurt.

I have shattered me some jimmies! LOL

I rewatched the fight. Hendricks rounds 2&4, GSP 3&5. Round One I watched closely and Johny won that round. I agree, Johny should have gotten the nod.

Still a GSP fan, judges clearly ****ed up, not GSP's fault the judges are incompetent.

That being said, the rematch (if and when) will be a different fight and I honestly fear for GSP in the rematch. He needs to completely re strategize his gameplan because Hendricks is gonna push him twice as hard and really go for the finish.

If this was a street fight, I am sure that everyone who was there would say GSP got his **** Kicked and that Hendricks clearly dominated the fight. Again it shows that UFC championship fights favors the champ regardless of the fight just to keep drama in UFC and keep dumb people, like me, continuing to pay them to tell me something other than what my eyes did see. Hendricks, You are the undisputed champion to me and my friends and it's people like you that make me believe in this sport. No disrespect to GSP. He is too a great champion, a great person, & a great role model.