Sign in to follow this  
MIRKO_CRO_GOD

Who here really thinks that GSP won?

From watching the UFC, I have come to realize that they don't take into consideration the total damage as much as the number of strikes, takedowns, and sub attempts. When the fight was over, I honestly thought they would give it to GSP.

Fredricks won by a very slim margin. But that's not how you win a championship.

If you want to be the champ, you got to beat the champ.

You don't take away the belt from a champion who held it for 6 years only because the other guy landed a couple of punches more and the champ's delicate skin bruises easily.

You don't take away the belt from a champion who held it for 6 years only because the other guy landed a couple of punches more and the champ's delicate skin bruises easily.

thats what the dude said who i was discussing the fight with..

And GSP beaten like crap with the other dude looking like he just got out of his bath all fresh and smiling is not enough?

People... Just go watch the tiny crap figures the UFC puts in front of your face since it corroborate people's bias (they need validation after all).

Real fighters know. (so is GSP's face)

From watching the UFC, I have come to realize that they don't take into consideration the total damage as much as the number of strikes, takedowns, and sub attempts. When the fight was over, I honestly thought they would give it to GSP.

Yeah as I said on another forum, just give your opponent lotsa tiny useless slaps and hug him --> instant win!

I was upset that they would do this to Hendricks but it's very true when we talk about how you need to really beat a champ to take his belt. This is why Benson has won all those close fights until Pettis came in and left no doubt in anyone's mind. The crappy thing is now that Hendricks got screwed, it's going to be a long time before he can get in their with GSP again and prove he can truly beat him.

I personally am a huge GSP fan, but immediately after the fight felt Hendricks had won. However, the way MMA judging is set up, as soon as a new round starts, the previous is obsolete. Johnny may have beaten up GSP in round 2, but as soon as round 3 started, scores are reset at zero. So if you look at it from a round by round basis

Round 1- Very close, first viewing I thought Hendricks, but looking at the stats, it was very even strike wise, and both got a TD each, although GSP threatened with a choke. Closest round of the fight (proven by the fact it decided the fight)

Round 2- Clearly Johnny

Round 3- GSP

Round 4- Johnny

Round 5- Close, but GSP takes this, no doubt

You essentially have to look at an MMA fight like 5 mini-fights. When you do it like this, its easier to see why GSP got the win. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the rules, its a round by round basis, regardless of what happened in the previous round

I'm going to go back and re-watch the fight, because first viewing I thought Johnny won, but after seeing so many discussions, maybe it isn't the case. Round 1 is the big one though

Here is how Joe Lauzon scored the fight, which actually makes it a lot easier to understand the justification for George's win

http://i.imgur.com/Pct2NQZ.png

And GSP beaten like crap with the other dude looking like he just got out of his bath all fresh and smiling is not enough?

People... Just go watch the tiny crap figures the UFC puts in front of your face since it corroborate people's bias (they need validation after all).

Real fighters know. (so is GSP's face)

It doesn't matter what a persons face looks like. If someone beats the **** out of someone in the first round, cuts them open, breaks their nose, but then gets outwrestled for 4 rounds, does that mean they won? Not according to MMA judging, its how you go in each individual round, and whether you can win a majority of them

Gave GSP the 3rd and 5th and the 2nd round i remember was the only other round that could even be considered indecisive so i'm gonna go rewatch the 2nd before i start trolling people

I'm gonna watch it again to make absolutely sure but I had 1, 2, 4 definitely for Hendricks he landed actually effective shots and was hurting GSP a lot especially in the first 2 rounds even if stats are equal Johnny was much more effective, the 3rd was very close and the only round I gave GSP for sure was 5.

That decision really tested my faith in the sport I hate this "you have to take the belt off the champ" he kicked his **** for the majority of 5 rounds beat him at wrestling and messed up his face with strikes he rocked him and everything only other thing he could do is finish and he missed the opportunity early unfortunately. GSP is bleeding all over, Johnny looks like he hasn't even taken a punch all fight and laughing at every shot landed on him, yeah damage alone doesn't win a fight but hurting someone with strikes like he was and out wrestling them at the same time does.

So disappointing but like I've said I see Hendricks as the champ now so GSP can take his break if he wants and the ufc can give the belt to Hendricks like the incompetent ****ers scoring it should have.

Spot on! I thought Rig won too, however, when a fighter finally gets a crack at the belt..........EVERYONE knows you have to FINISH the champion to leave no doubt! Rig blew it.....he had GSP backin up and hurt, then the mouthpiece saves GSP.....but still Big Rig could have bullied him and gone for the finish!!!!!!!! He blew it!!!!!!!!!!! When it comes to dominant champions....it is no longer about the fight, it is who can STOP/FINISH the champion.

im going to re-watch it later, but first impression it was all hendricks....

let's try to watch it from the "judges angle"

1. Octagon control??? hendricks was picking gsp apart but georges was charging and pushing the pace

2. Grappling?? close i havent see fightmetrics but its not one sided

3. Agression? Hendricks did the most of the damage but he was counter and not shooting in full destruction mode, in the last 2 rounds hendricks looked over confident that he already won (scoring-point fighter???) but i saw a GSP very hungry about not losing his title.

4. effective striking this goes all hendricks by far

once again from my point of view hendricks won, maybe he could go more aggressive and completly demonstrate he is the new reigning champion, insted IMO, he played quite safe.

I have to rewatch before I commit.. but I had 2 & 4 obviously for Hendricks, & 3 & 5 clearly for GSP.

Most people agree that Rd 1 is where all the controversy is, & it was pretty **** close.

I feel it could've went either way, was partially expecting Hendricks to get it, & I would've been happy with either decision.

Even though Hendricks did more damage in 2 & 4 than GSP did the whole fight, it just doesn't work like that.

When you break it down round by round, it was as close to a draw as we'll ever see in a championship bout.

I have to rewatch before I commit.. but I had 2 & 4 obviously for Hendricks, & 3 & 5 clearly for GSP.

Most people agree that Rd 1 is where all the controversy is, & it was pretty **** close.

I feel it could've went either way, was partially expecting Hendricks to get it, & I would've been happy with either decision.

I don't think most people agree that there was any controversy with the round, just the poor scoring of the round

Really, it comes down to who won round 1.

If I were a judge, I would have had it a draw. Anyone saying that either fighter clearly won the contest is an idiot. Even though GSP got his **** handed to him, the contest itself was much closer than people think.

I'm not a fan of Hendricks so I was rooting for GSP, by the end of the fifth i turned to my nephew and said "oh **** GSPs just lost the belt! ****". Then Buffer reads the result, my reaction was "ahahahahahahahahahahaha Hendricks was robbed!" so my nephew said "this UFC business is more crooked than boxing, the guy with the big beard clearly won" LOL.

Hendricks landed the more significant strikes IMO, did more damage and put GSP on roller skates. I had Hendricks winning rounds 1,2,4, oh well, fight is the fight.

I was disappointed in GSP's fight but at the same time,can anyone really say Hendrick's was a good fighter?That was a boderline really bad fight to watch,all Hendrick's did was swing wildly and miss most of the time,then rely on his size advantage to hold against the fence,the same way he did Koscheck.

Skill wise though,Johnny does not have any skill,every single thing he does relies on his size.I think Johnny ios also grossly worng,if they were of equal size GSP most certainly would out wrestle him.Nobody trains harder and is more fit than GSP,yet Hendrick's a few times literally lifted GSP up and turned him around on the fence.

As to the fight,i saw it this way.

GSP dominated one round and Hendrick's dominated one round.so it goes down to a best of 3 rounds.I tohught GSP was outscoring with jabs and pushing the fight more than Johnny was as Hendrick's seem to be conserving energy and just looking to counter.This was not always of course but GSP definitely pushed the action more often.

Now there was one other round where Hendrick's had GSP down awhile,but just as in case of the Condit fight he did nothing with it,aside from the one round i already said he won decisively.

I have seen EVERYONE on these forums claim they don't want guys winning or scoring for TD's that do nothing,so why should so many change their stance now,because it is GSP?

I would have been happy with either guy winning,i thought NEITHER guy deserved a win,GSP scored more kicks and more jabs,Hendrick's was just able to put more marks on GSP's face but definitely did not out score him.

So if anyone thinks Hendrick's deserved 2/3 rounds more so than GSP,tell us why?What did he do to earn them,he got out struck and out kicked and GSP pushed the fight,so what scoring system does Hendrick's win by...a TD ?

It is just too easy to see ANYTHING a challenger does and amplify it,yet see everything GSP does and ignore it.

Rather than just make VAGUE statements like "He was robbed" or "I had him winning or losing" state why ,WITHIN the rules/scoring system.

My honest opinion is NEITHER guy deserved a win,in that case,you really should retain the belt,sort of like a tie goes to the title holder.

GSP got the sh!t beat out of him, that is why they sent him to the hospital. His injuries will probably put him out for a year. Hendricks is the real champ and 90 percent of people think so. GSP is a broken man...

Ben Henderson barely beat Frankie in the first fight, by a much slimmer margin than the beating Hendricks gave GSP and Frankie arguably won the second fight.

Gonna re-watch the fight again tonight but my initial feeling was that Hendricks definitely won. Seemed like he rocked GSP multiple times, took him down, and controlled him for a majority of the fight. GSP's corner was very intense going into that 5th round. You could tell they were down and desperate for a finish. He had some success with a couple late takedowns in that 5th round and I think that helped a lot but GSP even looked like he lost after the final bell.

Been a fan of gsp for a while.

After the fight I felt like his reign was finally over and would have been totally fine with the decision if hendricks won.

Pretty much knew they were going to give it to GSP anyway lol.

Need to re watch the fight because I thought GSP definitely lost 2 and 4 but am drawing a blank for 1 and 5 lol.

I would have gave it to Hendricks but on a 5 round point system I can see how GSP won a 48-47. Like I said earlier it is a shame but that is the system there is

GSP went for a last ditch kimura attempt at the end of round 5

He knew he lost

Exactly. GSP knew he was down on the scorecards going into round 5 and he was trying to fight out of desperation to try and pull the win with anything he could do. In this case, with the kimura.

The last time a champ was awarded a bull**** decision and they had an immediate rematch this happened.

ufc113_11_shogun_vs_machida_009_display_image.jpg?1290041292

Time and karma will correct this abomination.