yeah hdr 10 content is still rather uncommon and 4k content is lacking as it is. i think its going to be a while before dolby vision takes off but at least i'll be able able to make use of it when it happens

i dont think we'll ever get to see it in video games, because dolby owns it and the publishers have to pay a crazy licensing fee to use it for each of their videos, and dolby is basically in control of it. no way are the video game developers/publishers going to pay dolby just to be able to use it. they just wont implement it into their games

however maybe hdr10+ might have a better chance of making it to consoles or pc games. which is samsungs answer to dynamic HDR. even though i think right now only the newer samsung tv's support it, its open source to my understanding, so it might make its way to other tv sets in the future, and might become more widespread than DV and might overtake it and may one day become standard

but i still think its gonna be a while before any of this chit becomes common. most of the tv stations here are still 720p for f*ck sakes and only one of our 4 television providers in my area provides access to 4k channels, and still u can only get a handful of them and who knows if its actually broadcasted in 4k? plus the costs for the box and monthly fees are so ridiculous that nobody is going with telus unless they just like to throw their money around all day.

its still going to take a while before 4k cable tv becomes the norm, so all this hdr chit is still quite a ways off i figure. i just want more pc games that use it. resident evil 7 and ffxv are like all i have right now that use it and its pretty neat i guess

I just went on Netflix and everything that usually has a HDR symbol next to it has a Dolby Vision symbol.

yeah i dont have a netflix account cause i dunno whats on there to watch and usually i just pirate all my chit but maybe i should look into getting one just for all the 4k and hdr stuff.

i think the netflix in the states is different from canada and they show all the good stuff so id also need to find a way to connect through a proxy to watch the american stations or whatever. i dont know how it works ive never had an account before.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

What’s up guys? How have you all been?

Anybody playing sea of thieves?

I need some feedback, I’m thinking about getting it. Thanks

Hope everyone is doing well

• Like 3

Fun with a group m8ty

• Like 2

I've played a bit. It's fun with a group, and so-so if you're playing solo.

• Like 1

Fun with a group m8ty

I've played a bit. It's fun with a group, and so-so if you're playing solo.

Thanks guys I’m going to wait on it though. I was watching some Farcry 5 gameplay this morning and damn that looks so good so I’m ordering that instead

Any of you guys getting that?

• Like 4

Thanks guys I’m going to wait on it though. I was watching some Farcry 5 gameplay this morning and damn that looks so good so I’m ordering that instead

Any of you guys getting that?

I've been seeing some reviews that have been savaging FC5. I'm going to wait until it goes on sale.

• Like 3

In burned out on FC games and open world I general. That's why Witcher 3 sits in my backlog. I know it's one of the greatest games ever but I just can't do it at this point.

• Like 2

You mean that Polygon review by that vag1na Ben Kuchera who rated it 6.5? Because that's the guy that didn't sleep for days after a VR game made him hold a virtual gun:

https://www.polygon.com/2016/4/12/11413572/guns-virtual-reality-htc-vive

Not just him, every one I’ve seen said the story is garbage.

• Like 1

Not just him, every one I’ve seen said the story is garbage.

Everyone I've seen stream the game absolutely loves it.

The map editor is so fookin robust its not even funny. Ive seen so many awesome user creations like a Yeti island map, escape from prison map, a horror movie map, a fashion show lol, an underwater city, along with different simulations like 10 yetis vs 200 soldiers that play out hilariously... and the games not even out yet.

Honestly the campaign could suck (which I dont think it will at all) and the game still offers incredible nearly limitless content with brand new tools for map editors after every DLC drops

Cant wait to try it out tonight.

Edited by Omoplataypus
  • Like 2

i miss the old days of far cry instincts evolution and far cry instincts predator

some of the user maps were just downright ridiculously crazy and a real riot to play. especially with a full lobby and running steal the sample.   my original xbox's hard drive is completely out of storage space, mainly from all the maps i downloaded from that game.   they need to bring that kind of a game back for online multiplayer and not some call of duty knockoff with a barebones level editor like they did from 2 and 3 on out and then started focusing on co-op and chit.  

bring back the carnage that was FC instincts evolution & predator

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

i was thinking of buying an xbox one slim just because i dont have a 4k blu ray player and its not much more expensive than a regular 4k blu ray player, but i was wondering if it can also do HDR in UHD blu rays as well as games? and also if it can stream 4k HDR through the youtube app?

i cant really seem to find much on google reguarding the streaming apparently it supports it but other pages say itll do 4k but an update is coming or something for HDR playback so i dont know whats what. 

i think the xbox one x can do all that but im not sure about the slim

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

i was thinking of buying an xbox one slim just because i dont have a 4k blu ray player and its not much more expensive than a regular 4k blu ray player, but i was wondering if it can also do HDR in UHD blu rays as well as games? and also if it can stream 4k HDR through the youtube app?

i cant really seem to find much on google reguarding the streaming apparently it supports it but other pages say itll do 4k but an update is coming or something for HDR playback so i dont know whats what. 

i think the xbox one x can do all that but im not sure about the slim

The One S supports HDR.

• Like 1

Everyone I've seen stream the game absolutely loves it.

The map editor is so fookin robust its not even funny. Ive seen so many awesome user creations like a Yeti island map, escape from prison map, a horror movie map, a fashion show lol, an underwater city, along with different simulations like 10 yetis vs 200 soldiers that play out hilariously... and the games not even out yet.

Honestly the campaign could suck (which I dont think it will at all) and the game still offers incredible nearly limitless content with brand new tools for map editors after every DLC drops

Cant wait to try it out tonight.

Game dropped at midnight so I only played around 30 min. Game looks amazing but the aiming felt a bit off, like not very precise. Maybe it takessome getting used to but it felt off.

• Like 1

they need to hurry up and crack the denuvo on far cry 5. its already been a bunch of hours since it went live

3dm needs to step up their game. they had final fantasy 15 cracked a couple days before launch.

• Like 1

Grinding exploring all the tombs and military camps on AC Origins right now trying to get 50 silica, already unlocked the 12 stone circles so just need to get the rest of the silica before I can pick up that epic Sphinx armour.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

I've got the day off with no errands or adulting to do since I just dropped off the oldest at the bus stop. I'm going play FC5 all day like a bum

• Like 4

I've got the day off with no errands or adulting to do since I just dropped off the oldest at the bus stop. I'm going play FC5 all day like a bum

my hombre

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Nice one let me know how the story mode is mate, I have heard its really short in this game?

Loved 3 & 4 avoided primal like the plague lol, going to pick up a copy once I finish AC Origins.

Battlefront 2 got another patch today. It added a challenge to unlock a Rodian skin for the rebel officer class.

• Like 1

I started that last night. From what I've played so far, it sure is another Far Cry game.

• Like 1

Not the hero my team deserved, but the one it needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoj3Aeqp8l8&feature=youtu.be

Seriously, if you play a video game like a shook cuck, you need to go kill yourself. Idiots are five feet away from the objective and cowering behind cover while we have less than 20 tickets left.

Edited by 12er™
  • Like 1

Not the hero my team deserved, but the one it needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoj3Aeqp8l8&feature=youtu.be

Seriously, if you play a video game like a shook cuck, you need to go kill yourself. Idiots are five feet away from the objective and cowering behind cover while we have less than 20 tickets left.

I had a good one from yessterday in Hero's vs villains. I was playing as chewy and dipping my nuts on the other teams forehead. This dude playing as Maul became the target and ran for dear life as I walked him down.

• Like 2

I had a good one from yessterday in Hero's vs villains. I was playing as chewy and dipping my nuts on the other teams forehead. This dude playing as Maul became the target and ran for dear life as I walked him down.

Heroes vs villians can turn into Condit vs DIaz real quick when you have betas playing as Luke, Boba or Maul.

• Like 1

Heroes vs villians can turn into Condit vs DIaz real quick when you have betas playing as Luke, Boba or Maul.

I was playing as Vader last night too and was chasing this Rey player around the map for a good 45 seconds or so.

And I just hit my 500th kill with a hero last night so I'm done with that game mode for a bit.

How is blast? I never played it but might tonight

• Like 1

And I just hit my 500th kill with a hero last night so I'm done with that game mode for a bit.

How is blast? I never played it but might tonight

Blast is just death match. It's alright, I've mostly played it to rank up weapons.

Nice one let me know how the story mode is mate, I have heard its really short in this game?

Loved 3 & 4 avoided primal like the plague lol, going to pick up a copy once I finish AC Origins.

Primal was fun you romo.

Anyway yeah I spent some time with the editor last night and am way over my head with the sheer volume of objects and structures you have access to.

Im currently trying to make a map based on the movie THE CUBE

Edited by Omoplataypus

Game dropped at midnight so I only played around 30 min. Game looks amazing but the aiming felt a bit off, like not very precise. Maybe it takessome getting used to but it felt off.

The aiming is chit in all farcry games which is why I am thinking of avoiding the multiplayer

cool, you need to go into the game and invite me so I can download it.

You should be able to go to the store and select the free trial from there. I did that first before I bought it.

• Like 1

Max let me get killed by an industrial fan after he told me it was safe to crawl through.

lol.  He's as savage on that as he is the forum

• Like 2

lol.  He's as savage on that as he is the forum

he can be a real heartless bastard sometimes. i bet he came running back after just to loot the corpse.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Up to 39 Silica should hopefully finish today, damn I forgot how much of pain in the **** some of those mini games are in the Tombs lol.

Max let me get killed by an industrial fan after he told me it was safe to crawl through.

I probably should've taken a clip of that.

• Like 3

There is a new cuck move on HvV on the Bespin map where they hide in the elevators and keep trying to close the door. Here's how you deal with these malcontents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXrioErsO8&feature=youtu.be

And here is some Han Solo and Vader just because.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=475cAMd-kko&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axiQzf0vBYo&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2