12еr

Xbox series X / Star Wars Squadrons hype thread.

i was gonna buy a switch today just to play some mario games but theyre sold out everywhere here thats still open as well as in the towns around me. at least when im looking online to check stock

the eb games website only has one of the light versions available for online order but the normal switch i want is all sold out there, and then i go on amazon canada and the prices are jacked through the roof for the ones that are still available.  like double the MSRP.   to hell with that!

if i'm paying 700 bucks plus tax just for a nintendo switch console, it better come with a free bottle of ky jelly. that way i can lube my wallet up before it gets fuct harder than a $5 hooker after donald trump signs and mails out all of the stimulus checks

woah looking online now and it appears as if theres major supply and scalping issues going on across the board.  screw that.

Edited by -idyb-

8 hours ago, TUF said:

Dude I hate those games. Watched my buddy play the demo and there was a male character that looked like he had make up on, like a cross dresser or trans or something. 

Never liked the series and yeah that didnt help.

• Confused 1

I was playing warzone a couple of days ago. I was the last one on my team and just screwing around. I parachuted in and stole a team's helicopter.

They started shooting at me and so did other teams. I got above a team doing a recon point and bailed out since the heli was going to blow up. The helicopter fell to the ground and blew up. It happened to fall on the team doing the recon and killed two people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I was playing warzone a couple of days ago. I was the last one on my team and just screwing around. I parachuted in and stole a team's helicopter.

They started shooting at me and so did other teams. I got above a team doing a recon point and bailed out since the heli was going to blow up. The helicopter fell to the ground and blew up. It happened to fall on the team doing the recon and killed two people. 

I trust you yelled Kobe on impact

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i thought for sure mcmod had died from an Animal Crossing overdose. but today he rose from the dead just to merge one of my GSP threads.

it might just be a natural reflex. like when a rattlesnake gets decapitated by my shovel and its body still squirms around for a while and its severed head can still bite me. thats kind of like what this is. this dudes playing animal crossing and merging my chit from the grave

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, -idyb- said:

i thought for sure mcmod had died from an Animal Crossing overdose

150 hours and counting

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

god damn. eat, sleep, animal crossing, repeat.

thanks for merging my thread today a$$hole.  did you not have enough of a giggle merging yesterdays thread?  the pentagon just confirmed aliens and aint nobody gonna know cause you merged it into the gsp thread.   i think you have some explaining and apologizing to do.  you done fuct up on this merge and i am deeply rustled.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, juice64011 said:

vLmjCgp.jpg

New contract just came in the update that makes you the "most wanted" which means the whole room can see you but if you survive you redeploy all your dead teammates.

• Like 1

Just hearing from my buddy that the whole of the Last of Us 2 has leaked online and from his description (he was a big fan of the first) it sounds like a complete sjw dumpsterfire. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OmoGOAT said:

New contract just came in the update that makes you the "most wanted" which means the whole room can see you but if you survive you redeploy all your dead teammates.

I kind of like it but hopefully you have to stay in one place like recon. Otherwise people could activate it and just drive or fly around. 

I hate how many people quit early. So many people quit before we even get the first load out. Who cares if you are dead when you can spawn back and get good weapons right away?

The other day we had 3 people dead, one guy came out of the Gulag and gathered enough money to redeploy a teammate. Eventually all 4 of us were back and we won. 

21 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Just hearing from my buddy that the whole of the Last of Us 2 has leaked online and from his description (he was a big fan of the first) it sounds like a complete sjw dumpsterfire. 

I've heard the same

apparently naughty dog already has the game finished but sony was trying to be sneaky and they were going to delay the game intentionally so they could use it to sell the PS5 using coronavirus as the perfect scapegoat as to why the game would have been delayed for so long

seems like it was just days ago where they announced it would be postponed indefinately due to the obama flu.   nowhours after the leaks come out, sony magically puts out a release date for it. thats pretty greasy.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

I kind of like it but hopefully you have to stay in one place like recon. Otherwise people could activate it and just drive or fly around. 

I hate how many people quit early. So many people quit before we even get the first load out. Who cares if you are dead when you can spawn back and get good weapons right away?

The other day we had 3 people dead, one guy came out of the Gulag and gathered enough money to redeploy a teammate. Eventually all 4 of us were back and we won. 

In my experience when you step into a vehicle in squads you usually have a missile or c4 come flying at you before very long, so I don't think it'll be that easy to just cruise around the outskirts. Also that contract lasts 5 minutes, which is a long time to survive half the room chasing you down.

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Looks epic, no matter how the game turns out their cinematics are always some of the best. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:29 AM, juice64011 said:

my body is ready

Ps5 is gonna be amazing. The part where the roof crumbles in and the light shines through completely changing the lighting in the cave blew my mind.

Also the level of detail on the statues is insane. Photorealism has arrived.

1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

Ps5 is gonna be amazing. The part where the roof crumbles in and the light shines through completely changing the lighting in the cave blew my mind.

Also the level of detail on the statues is insane. Photorealism has arrived.

Is this actual footage from a PS5 or a PC rendering like they usually use? 

Either way it will look amazing but just not quite as good on consoles. 

I've been watching a lot of Warzone videos on FB when bored. I constantly read comments from PC players complaining about console's having an advantage due to aim assist.

I've always thought that keyboard/mouse have a big advantage over controllers. 

4 hours ago, juice64011 said:

probably a "similar" pc with a titan rtx in it or some ridiculous chit

same kind of chit they done with the xbox and ps4 reveals.

but at least we got to see more gameplay in this tech demo than we did in the assassins creed traiiler lol

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I've been watching a lot of Warzone videos on FB when bored. I constantly read comments from PC players complaining about console's having an advantage due to aim assist.

I've always thought that keyboard/mouse have a big advantage over controllers. 

aim assist is a thing for controllers. its not really as noticeable in most games, but it is for this years COD. just sit there idling on your screen and watch your crosshairs take a life of their own when an opponent comes running by you. its rather laughable.  you dont really even have to be completely on target to hit them either

its not so bad in most games, but the aim assist is literally jacked through the roof in call of duty modern warfare/warzone for some reason.  ill play it on xbox sometimes with a controller too and even with a sniper you dont really have to aim dead center on anybody. the mechanics just seem to take care of everything for me

ping has a great deal to do with stuff too, and often their severs are crap.   but yeah theres seriously some insane amount of aim assist on that game with controllers for some reason, which i dont think they are going to dial back.   usually theres always some aim assist factor for controllers in most shooters, at least on console anyways, but its never been as jacked up as it is right now in COD.  seriously its pretty ridiculous, but in the same time i think its warranted because you can also play with a KB/M on console, plus the crossplay with pc users with good hardware who are already crushing you in terms of framerates and response time anyways. maybe it helps to compensate for that? i dont know, but aim assist is most definately a thing in this game,  when it hasnt really had this much significance in the past.

its a legitimate complaint, for this game anyways.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Not sure but from what I've been reading there's been some serious breakthroughs in what the PS5 will be capable of in terms of rendering and the speed of data transfer,so it's not inconceivable to think thats what it'll actually look like given you have the right tv/monitor. 

Edited by OmoGOAT

On 5/14/2020 at 12:57 PM, juice64011 said:

It's apparently running on a PS5 dev kit, but it's still just a tech demo, not an actual game.

• Thanks 1

I just wanna preorder bother consoles already. 

I'm more hyped for PS5 than I am the Series X surprisingly. I'm hoping these Demon Souls remastered rumors are true

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

god damn nintendo switch are still sold out everywhere , and jacked through the roof on amazon

f*ck you nintendo and your mario games

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

god damn nintendo switch are still sold out everywhere , and jacked through the roof on amazon

f*ck you nintendo and your mario games

This reminds me of the launch where I bought 2 and sold 1 and made like 300 bucks on it. 

I understand that the ending got leaked and people hated it, but damn the combat looks sooo good. The movement and the way the characters react to eachother makes the gameplay look almost like a cinematic. I love the dodges. 

Fook the ending, this is still a day 1 buy for me.

Just finished playing through all 4 of the Uncharted games for the first time. Really enjoyed them wish they were all as long as 4. 

so i ended up getting my drunk **** the elite series 2 controller yesterday.  talked myself out of it a good dozen times since it launched after reading the megathread on reddit and every time seeing that the user feedback was overwhelmingly negative with a suspiciously large amount of defective units and controller issues being mentioned by users. but i finally just said screw it, ill take my chances on one anyways.  so far, so good anyways. 

i  thought i was nuts for spending $500 on a really nice headphone setup the other month, but $250 just for a controller is a bit over the top for me. even though our canadian money is worthless, i still could have gotten 4 normal controllers for that price and then played some 4 player split screen with myself!

this things pretty fooking sweet but i gotta say, with that kind of a price tag for a console accessory, this controller should not only be perfect for gaming on, but it should also be able to floss my teeth and puff my pillows for me as well.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

Working my way through all the free games I’ve got from PS+ just started Shadow of the Colossus. Only two colossi down so far but all I can think is how awesome this game would be if it was done with today’s graphics. 

• Like 1

civilization 6 and gta 5 free right now on epic games store

Edited by -idyb-

Been playing the $hit out of some TW Warhammer. The huge battles are fun and the visuals are just epic carnage. 

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=15777877

tenor.gif?itemid=17302313

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TUF said:

Post image

Fallout 76 is a rip roaring good time. I started a brand new character just for wastelanders and I’ve been putting in some serious work. 

It’s a blast to just run around in the fallout universe doing hood rat **** with your friends. 

• Like 1