Jump to content
12еr

Xbox series X / Star Wars Squadrons hype thread.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 12еr said:

I got the one and one x both off amazon on launch, but this year I was going to physically go to a store to get it, but after the PS fiasco and the fact that I’ll be at work when the preorders go live, I’m probably going to have to order off amazon again.

 

Screenshot_20200917-142950_Twitter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demons Souls looked really good. Didnt play the first one but def interested in this new one.

Pumped for the cod alpha this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walmart Walks Back PS5 Preorder Plans "To Keep Customers Safe"

 

PlayStation 5 preorders went live earlier than expected, and many eager gamers are running into difficulties getting one from various retailers, including Walmart. The company, which previously said PS5 preorders would be available in its stores on September 22, has now changed these plans

"Walmart has decided not to proceed with the planned store pre-order to control store traffic and keep our customers safe and socially distanced," a company spokesperson told GameSpot over email. "Customers can still get the console on November 12 when it's released. Apologies for any confusion."

 

 

lmfao. this aint gonna be safe.  walmart done fuct it up, and now they done blamed it on the corona

now on november 12'th, its probably gonna be like one of them black friday massacres at walmart with all them sick people all huddled around each other just to try to be the first to get through the doors so they can have a chance of getting one this year. i look forward to seeing some ps5 trampling videos on liveleak.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 12еr said:

I got the one and one x both off amazon on launch, but this year I was going to physically go to a store to get it, but after the PS fiasco and the fact that I’ll be at work when the preorders go live, I’m probably going to have to order off amazon again.

ive happened to gget tuesday off, so i'll be hammering F5 on the microsoft store

hopefully the bots dont eat them all up before im even able to go to the next page to place an order.    they did with todays founders edition preorders of the nvidia 3080 gpu's and now theyre being scalped to hell on ebay

hopefully theyll limit it to 1 per user, and have a captcha system.  that way when 8:00:12 AM hits, i might still have a chance of finalizing my preorder and securing one.     hopefully theyll be a good enough supply on the MS store.  otherwise i'll have to rush to eb games.   walmarts already off the table now for me, and the nearest best buy is an hour away.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have to be to work until noon, so I might go over to Best Buy and do my preorder there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna goto gamestop and preorder there and do another on Amazon.

 

I may get my woman to preorder one on her amazon account and have it shipped to her moms in case someone at work needs one. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I called the one where I preordered the PS5 and they said they are opening at 11am est. I'm just gonna go there and whike I'm in line im gonna buy one on amazon too. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else check out the cod alpha?

 

It was pretty ****ing good. The 2 combined arms maps were awesome. Way more like smaller scale BF maps than the usual 3 lane cod drivel. Even the 6v6 maps were a big step up from MW's imo. I always enjoyed Treyarch's maps more and its no different in Cold War.

Gunplay probably isnt as refined as MW, still solid though. Even the heavy LMGs had little to no recoil. Its alpha so I supposed that could change as I know they've already said snipers are going to get nerfed.

I feel TTK is in a good place. Not too fast not too slow.

I could do without the enemy damage bars though. When theres multiple hostiles close together it can really obscure your view. Just give me a simple option to turn it off or make it smaller.

Not thrilled about how scorestreaks work. Seems they completely did away with earning the streaks through getting a certain number of kills in a row. I mean thats a core pillar of COD games and a lot of the fun(not to mention it gets intense as hell when you know youre 1 kill away from a badazz streak and it can all get ruined in an instant).

Really hope in the full game theres at least an option to earn streaks the classic way.

Overall I'm pleasantly surprised with what I played and as long as there are a good amount of combined arms maps, I'm pretty much already sold. We'll see how the beta shapes up in Oct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Microsoft has bought ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda Games for $7.5 billion. 

https://www.androidauthority.com/microsoft-buys-bethesda-1160648/amp/

After Sony spent years buying games and paying to keep DLC off the xbox platform for third party games, I hope Microsoft isn’t magnanimous enough to allow Elder Scrolls and Fallout onto PlayStation. I want to see the tears after how smug all the sony fanboys were.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 12еr said:

After Sony spent years buying games and paying to keep DLC off the xbox platform for third party games, I hope Microsoft isn’t magnanimous enough to allow Elder Scrolls and Fallout onto PlayStation. I want to see the tears after how smug all the sony fanboys were.

I'm in the same boat. I think these companies buying a ton of studios is a bad thing overall but now Sony is paying studios for timed exclusives so they can have it first. It's just ridiculous.

It's a big move by Microsoft 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I'm in the same boat. I think these companies buying a ton of studios is a bad thing overall but now Sony is paying studios for timed exclusives so they can have it first. It's just ridiculous.

It's a big move by Microsoft 

 

this is HUGE

im just surprised it didnt get leaked. the announcement came as a bit of a monday morning shocker

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets have a moment of silence for all fans of the elder scrolls, fallout, doom, and wolfenstein series who wont have a pc or an xbox to game on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I'm in the same boat. I think these companies buying a ton of studios is a bad thing overall but now Sony is paying studios for timed exclusives so they can have it first. It's just ridiculous.

It's a big move by Microsoft 

Microsoft most likely won’t make it exclusive. They will take money from the PlayStation base. Microsoft has more cash on hand than Sony’s entire market value. They don’t seem to care about having the highest selling console, they are just acquiring more revenue streams. 

This is great for xbox owners. That means all Bethesda games will now be on games pass day one.

That alone makes the xbox the better value. EA Access, Bethesda, Obsidian, and all of Microsofts long standing First part titles are now under the games pass umbrella. 

 

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

microsoft aint gonna spend 7 billion dollars just to make games for sony lol

you best believe that all of their chit is staying on pc and xbox until the cows been milked dry, and then maybe after all the revenue stops coming in, they might throw sony a bone if sony wants to throw up some money. by the time that happens, all the fans of the series, and pretty much everyone and their dogs will have played those games to death

with all the money sony throws around just to buy studios, franchise rights, or exclusivity deals just to keep lots of games and even DLC away from xbox for as long as possible, i cant say they dont deserve it if microsoft decides to stick the middle finger to them and play the same game. after all this chit, it would be absolutely ridiculous to expect to see any new new fallout, doom, or elder scrolls games coming to playstation any year soon after launch.   those games could easilly sell consoles, and its just another thing that makes gamepass look all that more appealing. 

fans of the series will buy it for pc or xbox anyways.  microsoft and the developers will make their money either way.  who gives a chit about sony?  other than $70 touchups of 10 year old games, the highlight of sonys conference the other day was announcing they thrown a bunch of more money around to hold FFXVI hostage for a year.  good for them.  fook your moneyhatting for timed exclusivity deals. microsoft just bought out one of the biggest players in the industry. hows that for an F U?

you can bet your bottom dollar that if the shoe was on the other foot, fallout 5 and elder scrolls 6 would never see the light of day on xbox if it was sony who bought out ZoS.    sony has been playing dirty for a while now. microsoft should stick it right back to them.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So will Bethesda games be free on Game Pass at launch? If so that's huge for Microsoft. For some reason though I just don't care about Game Pass, it's great value if you can't afford games or you play a ton of different ones but I only buy a few a year these days and pick them carefully because I have a bad habit of just not playing them.

Edited by Yesterdays_Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

So will Bethesda games be free on Game Pass at launch? If so that's huge for Microsoft

 

indeed. 

https://news.microsoft.com/2020/09/21/microsoft-to-acquire-zenimax-media-and-its-game-publisher-bethesda-softworks/

With unique investments in content, community, and the cloud, Microsoft’s gaming strategy differs from others by empowering people to play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want. Games are the primary growth engine in gaming, and games are fueling new cloud-gaming services like Xbox Game Pass, which has reached a new milestone of over 15 million subscribers. With the addition of Bethesda, Microsoft will grow from 15 to 23 creative studio teams and will be adding Bethesda’s iconic franchises to Xbox Game Pass. This includes Microsoft’s intent to bring Bethesda’s future games into Xbox Game Pass the same day they launch on Xbox or PC, like Starfield, the highly anticipated, new space epic currently in development by Bethesda Game Studios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

So will Bethesda games be free on Game Pass at launch? If so that's huge for Microsoft. For some reason though I just don't care about Game Pass, it's great value if you can't afford games or you play a ton of different ones but I only buy a few a year these days and pick them carefully because I have a bad habit of just not playing them.

I was the same way. I got game pass for cheap and use it way more than I thought I would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently everyone else is also getting that message.  fawk   

walmart.ca just says out of stock online and theres nowhere to preorder

cant get it on amazon.ca

  now i gotta get to eb games i guess.  best buy is an hours drive and theyll open and sell out before i can make it there

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

apparently everyone else is also getting that message.  fawk   

walmart.ca just says out of stock online and theres nowhere to preorder

cant get it on amazon.ca

  now i gotta get to eb games i guess.  best buy is an hours drive and theyll open and sell out before i can make it there

Target and Best Buy are **** too. I had one in my cart because my friend wants one and it when I went to checkout it disappeared. 

Best buy just says Coming Soon

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the eb games website is timing out on me too. i guess im gonna have to go to their store in the mall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fook yeah the canadian microsoft store started working again and i nabbed a series x.

veLIXVw.jpg

 

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I tried for an hour on multiple sites and gave up. 

apparently best buys website just started working again like 10 minutes ago and plenty of people are able to get there orders in. who knows for how long the site will still work for though

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and just like that, on the best buy US website, you go to checkout and Due to high demand, this item hasn't been added to your cart. Please wait a few minutes before trying again.

god damn these things are going quick. i guess i must have gotten lucky. these websites are getting hammered more than a 5 dollar hooker on $2 coupon night

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got two today. I stood.in line and got one. My store was allocated 8 X's and 2 S. No one wanted the S. I was number 3 in line. 

 

Then on the way home got pne from amazon. 

 

Follow.Wario64 on twitter and turn on notifications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Got two today. I stood.in line and got one. My store was allocated 8 X's and 2 S. No one wanted the S. I was number 3 in line. 

 

Then on the way home got pne from amazon. 

 

Follow.Wario64 on twitter and turn on notifications. 

I went to Best Buy and was told it was online only, went home and spammed the refresh button on like 5 stores for an hour until I finally got one on Amazon.

I wanted to make pick it up in store, but I’m just glad I got one. I was 10 minutes late to work because of the fiasco.

Ended up getting the X. Considered the S, and I still might get one for a secondary.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Got two today. I stood.in line and got one. My store was allocated 8 X's and 2 S. No one wanted the S. I was number 3 in line. 

 

Then on the way home got pne from amazon. 

 

Follow.Wario64 on twitter and turn on notifications. 

i thought i seen someone doing 200 on the freeway and it i thought to myself gee that guys sure in a hurry

than i realised it was  probably just roids on the way to buy his series x

 

  

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

I went to Best Buy and was told it was online only, went home and spammed the refresh button on like 5 stores for an hour until I finally got one on Amazon.

I wanted to make pick it up in store, but I’m just glad I got one. I was 10 minutes late to work because of the fiasco.

Ended up getting the X. Considered the S, and I still might get one for a secondary.

keep the one x as your secondary. 

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now that i wont have to find myself going into stores every day of the week trying to find a new console, like i had to do for months just to get my ps4, im thinking of either trying to find someone to buy both my one x and my original xbox one consoles, or just taking whatever i can get this week from eb games before their values plummet even more

i'd probably just take the money and put it towards cyberpunk and assassins creed and some xbox live gold.    my live is gonna expire in a few months and i wanted to get another year of it, but i cant find the option on the MS to let me add a whole year of it anymore.  6 months seem to be the longest i can do.  fortunately right now its $30, which is about half of what a year of live usually is for me

i'm wondering if these 6 month online codes will stack?  that way i could rack up 3 years of xbox live gold,  and then do the game pass trick where i take the $1 free 30 trial which will in turn convert my 3 years of xbox live gold into 3 years of game pass.    ive never tried game pass and that options always been open to me.  im thinking right now it might be the perfect chance to jump at it because im gonna spend all that money on 3 years of gold anyways.  but now when i go to top off my gold subscription, they seemed to have gotten rid of the 1 year option :(     i guess ill just have to buy 6 different codes off the microsoft store, and pray that they all stack.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

now that i wont have to find myself going into stores every day of the week trying to find a new console, like i had to do for months just to get my ps4, im thinking of either trying to find someone to buy both my one x and my original xbox one consoles, or just taking whatever i can get this week from eb games before their values plummet even more

i'd probably just take the money and put it towards cyberpunk and assassins creed and some xbox live gold.    my live is gonna expire in a few months and i wanted to get another year of it, but i cant find the option on the MS to let me add a whole year of it anymore.  6 months seem to be the longest i can do.  fortunately right now its $30, which is about half of what a year of live usually is for me

i'm wondering if these 6 month online codes will stack?  that way i could rack up 3 years of xbox live gold,  and then do the game pass trick where i take the $1 free 30 trial which will in turn convert my 3 years of xbox live gold into 3 years of game pass.    ive never tried game pass and that options always been open to me.  im thinking right now it might be the perfect chance to jump at it because im gonna spend all that money on 3 years of gold anyways.  but now when i go to top off my gold subscription, they seemed to have gotten rid of the 1 year option :(     i guess ill just have to buy 6 different codes off the microsoft store, and pray that they all stack.

Yes the codes will stack. From what I understand there is still a way to get 1 year but I'm not sure how to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Yes the codes will stack. From what I understand there is still a way to get 1 year but I'm not sure how to do it. 

oh hell yeah than thats what i'll do

im eventually gonna end up paying for 3 more years of xbox live down the road anyways, even though i barely play much online these days. but i'm thinking i may as well just spend all the money at once and max out my xbox live subscription,  and then convert it all to game pass ultimate. 

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 12еr said:

I went to Best Buy and was told it was online only, went home and spammed the refresh button on like 5 stores for an hour until I finally got one on Amazon.

I wanted to make pick it up in store, but I’m just glad I got one. I was 10 minutes late to work because of the fiasco.

Ended up getting the X. Considered the S, and I still might get one for a secondary.

 

Congrats dude. Yeah online is chaos cause of scalpers and bots.thats why i went to BetaStop. 

 

No one in line wanted the S. If they would have made the S the same specs as the X but digital I might have got that tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alright.  whos coming up with this chit?
 

AAUUIGAAA8Di.jpg

AAUUIGAAA8Gz.jpg

AAVUo_AAA8Ur.jpg

AAVUo_AAA8EI.jpg

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

oh hell yeah than thats what i'll do

im eventually gonna end up paying for 3 more years of xbox live down the road anyways, even though i barely play much online these days. but i'm thinking i may as well just spend all the money at once and max out my xbox live subscription,  and then convert it all to game pass ultimate. 

I did that about a year ago. Got about 3 years of ultimate for cheap. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I did that about a year ago. Got about 3 years of ultimate for cheap. 

im just mad they took away the 1 year xbox live gold keys all of a sudden off their store!

 

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently sony tried to throw money at bethesda to get Starfield as a timed exclusive

microsoft just said fook you and bought the whole damn studio and then some lol. now thats a power flex. i cant even think of a  bigger acquisition in video game history.

supposedly theyre looking at buying out sega too.  or so thats the big rumour out there anyways.   not sure what purpose that might serve other than to chase the nostalgia market but we'll see. i dont really see it happening,  but MS just said theyre not done throwing money around buying up studios just yet so who knows?

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

 

Congrats dude. Yeah online is chaos cause of scalpers and bots.thats why i went to BetaStop. 

 

No one in line wanted the S. If they would have made the S the same specs as the X but digital I might have got that tbh

The xbox one x sales are up 750% yesterday on Amazon. I hope someone’s bot bought thousands of the wrong console.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 11:59 PM, -idyb- said:

i just despise the color scheme.

pretty much all of my electronics are all black. throwing some black and white device into the heap would just make things look tacky

 not only will i be holding out until theres a ps5 exclusive i really need to play,  but i'll be holding out until sony puts out an all black edition. 

in fact, i'm about ready to protest and burn down the great city of portland if they dont put out an all black edition of with an all black controller

black consoles matter

You've shared pictures of your room.  It looks like a tramp lived there for 5 years, and then died there 2 years ago.

The Colour scheme of your gaming devices are the least of your worries.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

You've shared pictures of your room.  It looks like a tramp lived there for 5 years, and then died there 2 years ago.

The Colour scheme of your gaming devices are the least of your worries.

piss off troll. the goatbox series x is gonna make my living room look all the more glorious

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

You've shared pictures of your room.  It looks like a tramp lived there for 5 years, and then died there 2 years ago.

The Colour scheme of your gaming devices are the least of your worries.

I thought the same thing, but had the civility and grace to not mention it. 
 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to update the thread title again. If you guys remember, this thread was started to talk about the Xbox one launch 7 years ago and eventually just became the generic video game thread. 
 

The first 100 pages or so is IDYB spazzing about the Xbone and me ripping him for it.

Now he’s officially defected to the Xbox family and I can finally leap again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the drm box was a pile of chit.  so was the original xbox one

im glad they got rid of that don mattrick clown after he unveiled the hitler box, so that he could go on to fook zynga poker instead. 

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

the drm box was a pile of chit.  so was the original xbox one

im glad they got rid of that don mattrick clown after he unveiled the hitler box, so that he could go on to fook zynga poker instead. 

All that is behind us now that you’ve accept the one true god, Phil Spencer, into your heart and home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro-tip for anyone who ordered off amazon, you can buy amazon gift cards and send them to yourself and then apply them to your order. I did it for the xbone and I just did it again for the XSX. I like to pay it off in full ahead of time so I don’t have to worry about the payment not going through for whatever reason and getting my order canceled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...