12еr

Xbox series X / Star Wars Squadrons hype thread.

16 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I seriously hope no one bought a Series S here. Reports are showing that some games are running sub HD to hit 60fps

Sounds like fake news, homie. I’ll wait until digital foundry says so.

• Thanks 1

As a matter of fact, months ago Microsoft released footage of gears 5 running at 120 FPS on the series s. You fell for a Japanese disinformation campaign!

6 hours ago, 12еr said:

As a matter of fact, months ago Microsoft released footage of gears 5 running at 120 FPS on the series s. You fell for a Japanese disinformation campaign!

Lots of developers are having a hard time with the Series S right now. Here's a good video. im waiting for DFs official breakdown myself but this is concerning for people who are getting an S and expecting straight up 1440p. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

series x on the way. it was a good sigh of relief to finally see $673 leave my bank account.

dont know if i wanna go for a 3 year extended warranty. normally i wouldnt, but its a launch unit, plus im a slight bit wary of another RROD style fiasco.  i think theyve learned their lesson with that,  but i still dont know if i want to take my chances with a launch unit

i bought some protection plan off sony when i bought my ps4 and that all turned out to be for nothing.   dunno if i wanna go that route again, but its not all that expensive either.

• Confused 1

according to the fedex tracker, my xbox is currently in louisville kentucky

uhhhhh thats like on the opposite side of the country.  their delivery boy is gonna be on the road for days just to get it to me!

nvm. found a reddit thread. this appears to be normal

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, -idyb- said:

according to the fedex tracker, my xbox is currently in louisville kentucky

uhhhhh thats like on the opposite side of the country.  their delivery boy is gonna be on the road for days just to get it to me!

nvm. found a reddit thread. this appears to be normal

They will fly it overnight. The facility I work at dispatches trucks about as far as DC and anything further is flown overnight.

Amazon hasn’t even shipped mine yet, but I’m not worried because we have an amazon warehouse in my city so I’m hoping mine is just sitting there and will ship tomorrow or Tuesday.

Considering Walmart already delivered them to thousands of people last week I wish Microsoft would just tell all the retailers to send em out.

5 minutes ago, 12еr said:

They will fly it overnight. The facility I work at dispatches trucks about as far as DC and anything further is flown overnight.

Amazon hasn’t even shipped mine yet, but I’m not worried because we have an amazon warehouse in my city so I’m hoping mine is just sitting there and will ship tomorrow or Tuesday.

Considering Walmart already delivered them to thousands of people last week I wish Microsoft would just tell all the retailers to send em out.

my chit is in nashville tennessee right now

i guess thats a little less redneck than kentucky, but i still feel like my console has been violated.   im gonna be bathing my chit in bleach and hand sanitizer and bring in an exorcist to remove whatever evil is inside of it

thats good i guess if the hard drive fails.

Edited by -idyb-

I’m getting the LG Nanocell 90. It doesn’t have the best HDR, but it can run games at 4K 120 FPS and was only a G so I pulled the trigger. It’s better than what I have.

Star Wars squadrons is going to run 4K 120fps, it’s going to be sick. 

Even if it is the game that makes me nerd rage harder than I’ve ever raged in my life.

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

I’m getting the LG Nanocell 90. It doesn’t have the best HDR, but it can run games at 4K 120 FPS and was only a G so I pulled the trigger. It’s better than what I have.

Eh. I have last years model and its ok. Its better than this years model. Its nice cause it has 2.1 but I use it primarily for the living room cause its a bright room. 

I use my OLEDS for my game room and bedroom. 

You should have waited till black friday and got the CX. 

15 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Eh. I have last years model and its ok. Its better than this years model. Its nice cause it has 2.1 but I use it primarily for the living room cause its a bright room. 

I use my OLEDS for my game room and bedroom. 

You should have waited till black friday and got the CX. 

Black Friday is all month this year, homie. 

13 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Black Friday is all month this year, homie. 

Nah theres gonna be better deals on the OG black friday. 

Even so, the 55 inch CX is 1350 at best buy and will probably drop to 1200 for the 27th. Only guy I trust besides rtings for TV reviews

• Like 1

First thing I'm gonna play Tuesday is Dead Space. I've been wanting to play the trilogy again so why not get auto HDR involved.

Thursday I'm gonna hammer Demons Souls until I chit myself. 

3 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Even so, the 55 inch CX is 1350 at best buy and will probably drop to 1200 for the 27th. Only guy I trust besides rtings for TV reviews

The 65 inch is 1800. I wanted all the video game specific **** because that’s all I use the tv for and my wife wanted a bigger tv.

This was the best fit for the **** we wanted. I didn’t want to spend 800 more so we went the nanocell 90, m8.

It’s still a step up from what we already have. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

this guy sold me on my x930e.  its been a great tv so far.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

Gonna try to snag a ps5 online this Thursday but I'm not really expecting to actually get one.

Don’t worry, a lot of peoples financial situations have become more dire. Someone will flake on their preorder, you just need to be hitting that F5.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OmoGOAT said:

Gonna try to snag a ps5 online this Thursday but I'm not really expecting to actually get one.

Also, Target and Amazon will have them online. Not sure about Best Buy and Gamestop but they are only for online to ship to home or online pick up at store. NO WALKINS. 

Screenshot_20201105-130133_Twitter.jpg

I'll be picking my X up tomorrow at Gamestop and my digital PS5 on Thursday. My other X just got shipped by Amazon for delivery tomorrow so my other PS5'S should be shipped Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, 12еr said:

Don’t worry, a lot of peoples financial situations have become more dire. Someone will flake on their preorder, you just need to be hitting that F5.

You should be getting a shipping notification soon if you order your Xbox from Amazon. FYI

• Like 1

my xbox was in memphis for a whole god damn day. perhaps attending an Elvis festival?

nonetheless i think they just threw it on a plane a few hours ago it says its in transit now.  its got a day to get to the other side of the continent, through customs, and right to my door. i think they can pull it off

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I just now got my shipping notification, if it’s not in the warehouse in my city I’m going to be pissed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just checked, it is in Fall River Ma, which is out near the hillbillies where patster lives. That’s a couple hours from here, should be no problem getting it tomorrow

• Like 1

thats it. im flying to tennesse

or maybe i'll just hire corporal clegg to drive up to the memphis airport and hijack the plane and fly it out to me.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

apparently this kind of chit is normal with amazon. some day one buyers are posting about getting their orders pushed back.   others who were able to get in on the 2nd wave were able to get their deliveries scheduled for launch day.

seems like preordering from amazon was a total crap shoot

Edited by -idyb-

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

apparently this kind of chit is normal with amazon. some day one buyers are posting about getting their orders pushed back.   others who were able to get in on the 2nd wave were able to get their deliveries scheduled for launch day.

seems like preordering from amazon was a total crap shoot

I warned people about this. When the switch preorders went up my order got delayed a week when it came time to ship. I've had nothibg but issues with release day delivery on chit. 

Thankfully I got in store orders for both consoles. My Amazon Series X will be here today from Amazon so hopefully my PS5 will be too. If not I still have my gamestop orders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my chit just landed in vancouver. still dont think its gonna get here today.   tomorrows a holiday. god dammit

they better extend my game pass ultimate or some chit.   some people have already got theirs days ago, and they didnt even preorder on day one. 

Edited by -idyb-
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

my chit just landed in vancouver. still dont think its gonna get here today.   tomorrows a holiday. god dammit

they better extend my game pass ultimate or some chit.   some people have already got theirs days ago, and they didnt even preorder on day one. 

If you have a grievance related to Amazon, i suggest you take it up with @PlatinumClegg or @Nyte

• Like 1

Jusy picked up my Series X from gamestop. They were turning people away like mad. They had 3 extras for people who didn't preorder. Now just gotta wait for the one from Amazon. 

20201110_103051.jpg

• Like 1

im almost debating just going to eb games when they open in a few hours and seeing if i can actually buy one without a preorder

i doubt it. but i could always try to scalp the other one or send it back to MS for a refund

i just want it now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

im almost debating just going to eb games when they open in a few hours and seeing if i can actually buy one without a preorder

i doubt it. but i could always try to scalp the other one or send it back to MS for a refund

i just want it now. 

Just read a book instead for a few days.  Or watch some Pakistan cricket highlights.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

If you have a grievance related to Amazon, i suggest you take it up with @PlatinumClegg or @Nyte

its not through amazon.  its through fedex, ordered through the microsoft store

nyte and clegg are off the hook on this one.  but amazon needs to get their chit together too.   they took away more preorders than microsoft could provide, and many of them are getting some heartwarming emails telling them they gotta wait a few weeks, some even all the way up until christmas.   thank god i didnt order there. 

there was no consistancy either.  some people who ordered day one are scheduled to get theirs in a couple weeks. other people got in on the next batch of preorders like a week or two later and get theirs today.

Edited by -idyb-

3 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Just read a book instead for a few days.  Or watch some Pakistan cricket highlights.

piss off troll

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I recently learned that Teddy Roosevelt became a fan of cricket during his presidency and learned to play the game with an English pro player.

I support removing him from Rushmore now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I got my Xbox. Set it up and started downloading ****.

• Like 1

mines been sitting in the next city over :(   its an hours drive and its been sitting at their fedex depot for an hour.  i could have drove there by now.

i still dont think its gonna come today. delivery date aint changed

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

mines been sitting in the next city over :(   its an hours drive and its been sitting at their fedex depot for an hour.  i could have drove there by now.

i still dont think its gonna come today. delivery date aint changed

Nah dude, it isn’t coming today. It will show up tomorrow.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Nah dude, it isn’t coming today. It will show up tomorrow.

cant tomorrow.  stat holiday and fedex dont work on holidays    thats why it had thursday as the date

screw you novemberance day!

Edited by -idyb-

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

cant tomorrow.  stat holiday and fedex dont work on holidays    thats why it had thursday as the date

screw you novemberance day!

Foglets.

It’s a holiday for the USPS, but only for career employees. They make the non-career betas work it. 

I doubt FedEx and UPS even acknowledge it at all here. They’ll be delivering.

This LG might not be the best tv they make, but it definitely makes the ****ty Samsung we had grab the ****ing comb. I’m quite pleased with it. 

It will be interesting to see if SX makes a big difference on top of it. The OX already did 4K, so I’m expecting the graphics improvements to be minimal, unless Ray tracing makes a huge difference that I am unaware of.

That 60/120 FPS should be the biggest difference, but a lot of the games I play already prioritized 60 FPS. 

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

Foglets.

It’s a holiday for the USPS, but only for career employees. They make the non-career betas work it. 

I doubt FedEx and UPS even acknowledge it at all here. They’ll be delivering.

not today,    but i went to the mall to buy valhalla from eb games (gamestop in canada), and it turns out the place is now shut down and looking for a new lease.  im just glad i didnt snag a preorder from there! they just went out of business 2 weeks ago.   that is literally our gamestop lol

i picked up my copy of valhalla from walmart here. i just want my console

Edited by -idyb-

PS5's charged just now from Amazon. 

2 for me

2 for coworkers

And I have a digital at gamestop store that I'll pick up and probably throw up on ebay