12еr

Xbox series X / Star Wars Squadrons hype thread.

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

Battlefront was fantastic. You need to stop listening to the internet hive mind, these idiots are all followers who need to be told what to like.

Jedi Fallen Order got universal praise. Considering it is free right now, you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t at least give it a try. 

It’s better than any assassins creed game.

Battlefront 2 was my multi-player game of the generation alongside BF4. Hopefully we get another one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Battlefront 2 was my multi-player game of the generation alongside BF4. Hopefully we get another one. 

I'd put GTAO in that convo too for the sheer # of activites (both developer provided and player created) alone. Played the chit out of that game for a long time. Hosted a few car shows back in the day. It was so fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

the old school battlefront games were the good ones.

and how big is jedi fallen order?   after downloading and updating 8 games that i want to play on here,  ive only got 100 or so gigs of free space left.   i bought a new 4 tb external on the cheap the other week so i can move chit back and forth rather than buy that $300 proprierity card, but i really didnt see myself having to worry about free space this early in lol

How did 8 games take up that much room? I have around that many games downloaded and I’m like halfway full. You must have nothing but open world rpg’s

I don’t know how big it is, but if it was 40gbs I would be surprised. It’s semi open world, but it’s not one big map or anything. It’s like 4 planets that are linear, but you backtrack and go through them again when new powers allow you to access new areas.

43 minutes ago, 12еr said:

How did 8 games take up that much room? I have around that many games downloaded and I’m like halfway full. You must have nothing but open world rpg’s

I don’t know how big it is, but if it was 40gbs I would be surprised. It’s semi open world, but it’s not one big map or anything. It’s like 4 planets that are linear, but you backtrack and go through them again when new powers allow you to access new areas.

destiny 2, ac valhalla, cod modern warfare + warzone, gears 5,  forza horizon 4, halo master chief collection, doom eternal, and fallout 76. most of them are pretty big in size

i still need to update alot of them so i might actually run out of space

im just putting the series enhanced ones onto my internal drive, as well as other games like fallout 76 that will benefit from the faster loading and reading times.   the rest of the older games ill play off my external

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

On 11/16/2020 at 4:36 PM, 12еr said:

It's 43 gigs I believe. I just downloaded it the other day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished Fallen Order. Fun to play through once. Good story, characters, and game play. They integrated BD1 in well. 

I would run through it again if they made some changes to new journey plus. First, don't make you search for every secret and chest again.

Second, give you the ability to fast travel back to your ship. Having to venture all of the way back on some levels got monotonous. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Did they ever fix Anthem? I saw it's on game pass but the last I heard it sucked. 

My buddy tried to get me into that game and shortly after release he had to abandon it because it was the hottest of hot trash. As far as I know nothings changed

12 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Did they ever fix Anthem? I saw it's on game pass but the last I heard it sucked. 

I played through it and finished it when it released. I don’t remember what everyone hated it about it tbh. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I played through it and finished it when it released. I don’t remember what everyone hated it about it tbh. 

I don't either. I just remember it getting terrible reviews. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, juice64011 said:

I don't either. I just remember it getting terrible reviews. 

For what’s worth, I finished it and I remember enjoying it. I don’t recall sticking around in the end game for very long though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 12еr said:

For what’s worth, I finished it and I remember enjoying it. I don’t recall sticking around in the end game for very long though.

I'm working from home until at least April so have a lot of extra times so might give it a shot. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I'm working from home until at least April so have a lot of extra times so might give it a shot. 

You basically just fly around in an iron man suit killing ****.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 10:36 PM, juice64011 said:

I put some significant time i to the game. Kt is not as bad as people make it out to seem. The story is definitely worth playing. The endgame is garbage. 

If you get it for cheap, its a good playthrough

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

when i bought my strix 2080 it came with codes for Battlefield 5, Anthem, and Metro Exodus.       havent even tried Anthem or BF5.  now theyre on game pass.

i still donnt know if ill bother with them. after all these years of not being interested enough to download the games, i probably wont play them.

• Confused 1

How to turn your Xbox Series X/S into an emulation powerhouse

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/how-to-turn-your-xbox-series-x-s-into-an-emulation-powerhouse/

you can play ps1 games on your new xbox rather easilly.  

i had to do all kinds of chit to my original xbox just to play mario kart 64 on it.   but i could do all kinds of other piracy-related chit with it too. hell i still have that old clunker kicking around, still modded to hell. with spindles full of burned games for it too

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

Got a ps5. Not a fan of how the adaptive triggers are used in cold war.

I get and welcome the resistance simulating the pulling of a trigger of a gun when pressing R2, but absolutely hate that the same resistance is applied to aiming down sights with L2.

Sadly I dont think theres a way to turn just L2 off and keep R2. Oh well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

Got a ps5. Not a fan of how the adaptive triggers are used in cold war.

I get and welcome the resistance simulating the pulling of a trigger of a gun when pressing R2, but absolutely hate that the same resistance is applied to aiming down sights with L2.

Sadly I dont think theres a way to turn just L2 off and keep R2. Oh well.

I turned them off for COD. It was too distractive. Theyre nice for single player games though

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I turned them off for COD. It was too distractive. Theyre nice for single player games though

Yeah 100% 

I think I would have kept it on for mp if it was just R2 (albeit turned down a bit) but both the triggers is way too much.

Have you tried Astro's gay room ? I thought it looked like a joke as just a throw in free tech demo but I've been reading that its actually pretty amazing for how it makes use of the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

On 11/26/2020 at 7:27 AM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I put some significant time i to the game. Kt is not as bad as people make it out to seem. The story is definitely worth playing. The endgame is garbage. 

If you get it for cheap, its a good playthrough

It's free so I can't beat that. 

I got through the main storyline and its fun. It would have been better if I could find 3 other players for each mission. Besides the big missions I ran solo a lot. If this is how it was at start then it got more hate than deserved. It's not game changing but it's a fun game. 

There are some things that need to be changed. 

They need to give you access to more difficulty levels at the start. I played on hard and I think I got knocked down once the whole time I've played it.

They need to improve the variety of guns and how you get them. I bought two guns for cheap in the store with 75 and 76 power. I used them the whole time as the best I have earned from playing is 35 power. 

yo @I_Take_Roids_m8 i know you might be a little biased but i want to hear you out anyways.  do you think it would be worth buying a PS5 just for demon souls?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, -idyb- said:

yo @I_Take_Roids_m8 i know you might be a little biased but i want to hear you out anyways.  do you think it would be worth buying a PS5 just for demon souls?

I think the PS5 is a overall better console at this point and time to begin with. Demons Souls worth it alone not to mention that many multiplats run better on the PS5. 

Its a solid console. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I think the PS5 is a overall better console at this point and time to begin with. Demons Souls worth it alone not to mention that many multiplats run better on the PS5. 

Its a solid console. 

microsoft didnt send out the development kits out until late in the summer. thats why theyve been having optimization issues.  plus the series x is using rdna 2 architecture.   give it some time and theyll have their chit together for xbox. 

cod warzone is locked to 60 fps on ps5 too. at least for now. im sure a patch will fix that.    but valhalla i can tell they rushed this game out the door from the start. performance is good though but ubisoft has never been known for their optimization. especially on pc.

its still too early to  draw any conclusions. both systems seem to have their merits.     that haptic feedback seems like either something i would love or something i would hate, depending  on the game

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

microsoft didnt send out the development kits out until late in the summer. thats why theyve been having optimization issues.  plus the series x is using rdna 2 architecture.   give it some time and theyll have their chit together for xbox. 

cod warzone is locked to 60 fps on ps5 too. at least for now. im sure a patch will fix that.    but valhalla i can tell they rushed this game out the door from the start. performance is good though but ubisoft has never been known for their optimization. especially on pc.

its still too early to  draw any conclusions. both systems seem to have their merits.     that haptic feedback seems like either something i would love or something i would hate, depending  on the game

I'm not a fan of the hepatic feedback in multi-player games. Its cool in single player games. Its not as revolutionary as they make it out to be. I would have preferred if they put back buttons on instead. 

I'm still buying multiplats on Series X but there's no denying the PS5 is an amazing piece of hardware. Multiple devs were raving about it. 

I hope that Microsoft can deliver on their promise cause the Series X is a beast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I'm not a fan of the hepatic feedback in multi-player games. Its cool in single player games. Its not as revolutionary as they make it out to be. I would have preferred if they put back buttons on instead. 

I'm still buying multiplats on Series X but there's no denying the PS5 is an amazing piece of hardware. Multiple devs were raving about it. 

I hope that Microsoft can deliver on their promise cause the Series X is a beast. 

yeah give it a year and theyll have their chit together.  theyre not taking advantage of the hardware just yet.  the new architecture and the pandemic aint helping them get chit done either.

ill probably snag a ps5 sometime down the road just for demon souls.   i had sadistic pleasure getting my **** handed to me in dark souls 2 & 3.   never did get all the way through bloodborne because i got sidetracked by my backlog.   i got a ps3 kicking around but ive never gave the original demon souls a shot.

im gonna be sticking with PC and my series x mainly for this gen. but ive still  been hearing stuff on demon souls and now ive got a hankering to play it..  its a bit of a price to pay just to play one game, at least for now.     

it was the same for me with Zelda Breath Of The Wild.  I was going to buy a nintendo switch just to be able to play the game, but then i figured out how to emulate the Wii U version of it on my pc and then i was golden.  i wont really be able to do that on my pc to play demon souls. and i dont know if dragging out my ps3 would give the game the kind of justice it deserves

the first wave of PS5's were already sold out the moment i woke up! i had no idea the preorders were gonna go live when they did. i basically gave up looking after that because i knew i wouldnt have a chance.  maybe around christmas or new years theyll have another large batch go live, but i know i aint gonna find one in stores here any time real soon.

i aint about to sell a kidney just to support a scalper either, so i guess ive gotta wait it out.  it took me almost 3 months of going between stores just to get my PS4 when that launched.    now with the pandemic, its gonna be even more ridiculous trying to track down these new consoles in stores, so i'm just gonna keep looking online

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/10/2020 at 7:27 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

If you have a grievance related to Amazon, i suggest you take it up with @PlatinumClegg or @Nyte

Can confirm

1. Clegg is a CAN

2. IDYB is also a can and will not refunded any money. Good riddance

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Nyte said:

Can confirm

1. Clegg is a CAN

2. IDYB is also a can and will not refunded any money. Good riddance

appreciate the shout out m8. well hello to you too! welcome back. clegg caught the rona working at the warehouse and came down with some gnarly symptoms many months ago, and the worst part about it i am sure he would tell you is that it interfered with his drinking, but im pretty sure he will be able to pull through with your support. its good to know youre still around and hatin'

come to think about it i guess ive been lucky. its been a long while since i can last remember ever even looking for a refund on anything. but you keep fighting the good fight m8

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

I have to send my ps5 back for repairs :(

possible defective graphics card

getting weird flashing black squares when I play demons souls

Hopefully it actually makes it back to me and some fed ex coont doesnt steal it

Waiting for the box to arrive to send it off

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

anecdotal reviews of cyberpunk from co-workers has been favourable.

Watched my buddy play it for a bit on launch night. All I really saw him play were the early tutorial type missions CDPR have already shown off but it seemed like it would be fun once you got into the real meat of the game.

The bugs were apparent right from the start though. There was a basic mission that was teaching you how to melee and the guy he was supposed to beat up just dropped dead before any contact was even made. It was pretty funny actually. 

The character customization is insane. So much to it. Might be the most in-depth one I've seen in a game yet.

We were laughing our azzes off at all the wacky characters that the computer cooked up when you pick random. Must have sat there picking randoms for 5 mins straight and each one was crazier and crazier looking.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, OmoGOAT said:

I have to send my ps5 back for repairs :(

possible defective graphics card

getting weird flashing black squares when I play demons souls

Hopefully it actually makes it back to me and some fed ex coont doesnt steal it

Waiting for the box to arrive to send it off

i just got the microsoft complete 3 year warranty for my series x. dont think i'll need it but since it was a launch console i wanted to be safe.

i dont expect it to die any time soon though. i just dont want to take my chances from a launch console after i had to send back 4 or 5 xbox 360's because of the red ring of death.

destiny 2 is starting to take over my gaming life.   i feared this very thing might happen. and yeah its like the only game ive been playing in the last little while, and its probably gonna be a while before i put it down

i cant believe i held out this long to play it. if the game and its expansions werent up for game pass  i probably would have ended up skipping on it. now after playing it for a while and figuring out what im doing, its kinda got me hooked

i was stoked for cyberpunk but the reviews just dont seem too favorable and its loaded with bugs.   i'll probably wait for the series x version or pirate it on pc,   but ive got so many other games to play that im really in no hurry anymore for that one

Edited by -idyb-

Watched jackfrags play through the end of cyberpunk. I know there's multiple endings but the one I saw him play was terrible.

The last boss looked so easy and basically just stood in the middle of the room. Definitely not an enemy I would call dynamic or challenging. 

Then the ending itself. It nearly put me to sleep. About 45 mins straight of dialogue without any interesting options. I believe jack said it was "anticlimactic" and that's an understatement as it was straight up dull.

Edited by OmoGOAT

I downloaded Greedfall on Gamepass. It's an action rpg that takes place in a fantasy world based on early colonialism. There are multiple tribes, cities, factions, etc. You have to make decisions that affect your reputation and the story.

Supposedly if you want to take over the island and slaughter the tribes you can do that. Or you can try to keep everyone happy and working together. It's not from a big studio so the controls could use some refinement but that's my only issue so far. 

• Thanks 1

My new ps5 is on the way back from Indiana 

Says it'll arrive by Tuesday. That was pretty fast.

Cant come any sooner. Horry sheet going back to ps4 from ps5 is a nightmare (aside from the main UI).

• Haha 1

cyberpunk got pulled from the playstation store. everyone on all platforms can get digital refunds, no questions asked

if you have a physical copy  from walmart or best buy you can bring it back to the store and they will refund, not sure about gamestop but i think theyll probably follow suit. otherwise  you can just contact cd project red at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and they will refund you directly.

glad i got too sidetracked with destiny and valhalla to jump into this one right away. clearly they rushed this one out the door unfinished, and practically unplayable if youre playing on the old consoles. i havent seen a launch get this botched since no mans sky.   but even then it took weeks for sony to start issueing refunds, and that was only after a massive backlash from the community.  

Edited by -idyb-

On 12/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, -idyb- said:

cyberpunk got pulled from the playstation store. everyone on all platforms can get digital refunds, no questions asked

if you have a physical copy  from walmart or best buy you can bring it back to the store and they will refund, not sure about gamestop but i think theyll probably follow suit. otherwise  you can just contact cd project red at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and they will refund you directly.

glad i got too sidetracked with destiny and valhalla to jump into this one right away. clearly they rushed this one out the door unfinished, and practically unplayable if youre playing on the old consoles. i havent seen a launch get this botched since no mans sky.   but even then it took weeks for sony to start issueing refunds, and that was only after a massive backlash from the community.  

Game runs and looks good on the Series X. PC is obviously the best place to play it atm. 

They should have just dropped last gen support and made it PC, Series X, and PS5 exclusive. 

Wowsers got my new ps5 this morning, 3 days ahead of schedule!

Wtf?

I've had problems with Playstation's bullchit in the past but gotta admit Sony handled business this time.

some people here in town were actually able to walk in to a store yesterday and buy a ps5

if thats not surprising enough, of all places, the store that happened to be carrying stock happened to be Shoppers Drug Mart.

i never would have even thought of looking there.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

20201220_084105.jpg

I don’t even care about six, I want them to remake 3 and release with 64 players on console because it was the best one but came out the Xbox 360.

• Thanks 1

Cyberpunk 2077 Save Data Could Be Corrupted If File Size Is Too Large

Especially if you are far along in the Cyberpunk 2077 storyline, you are going to want to monitor your save file size closely. Players are reporting that their save data is being corrupted after it goes beyond 8MB, and there isn't any way to recover the data if this happens.

Players on Reddit are discovering that, at least in some instances, their save files are corrupted and unrecoverable once they reach that 8MB mark. For those who have been crafting items extensively over the course of their playthrough, the file size can balloon, putting them at greater risk of having their data corrupted. It isn't affecting all players, and you seem to be more likely to corrupt your data if you've crafted literally thousands of items.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, 12еr said:

I don’t even care about six, I want them to remake 3 and release with 64 players on console because it was the best one but came out the Xbox 360.

Wish in one hand chit in another. That would be amazing. I remember playing that on the 360 and being jealous of PC nerds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1