12еr

Xbox series X / Star Wars Squadrons hype thread.

12er, your name is Joffrey? I figured your name was 12er.

My name is Kevin m8..

• Like 5

i find this extremely hard to believe. 

It's very true. The movement isn't robotic anymore. The guns feel amazing. The hit detection is perfect. The pace is faster then ever, but not too fast like titanfall. The game modes are sick, especially both warzone modes. It's just very fun and very balanced. I was disappointed with halo reach and halo 4 (and halo 3 was pretty trashy), but Halo 5? It sets the bar for fps MP in 2015.

It is pretty fantastic. I haven't played enough of it to say for sure that I agree with him, but it does play really well.

I didn't even think you liked fps games, and even you think it's fantastic. The mechanics are so improved over ALL the other halos, it's impossible to go back to a previous halo game now. 

If it turns out to be as good as that with actual Halo roots other than the skin, then i'll buy a xbone for it. 

It'll prob come out on PC eventually tho.

It won't come to pc. Stop being a cheap azz like carnoob and buy an xbone for a few hundred dollars.

It is every bit as good as I claim too, all the reviews agree with what I'm saying, the MP is the best it's ever been. It's the campaign that brought the review scores down and caused the criticism (convoluted story).

havent used it yet.  im still working on all the qualifiers so i can suck so badly and get matched up with the worst people, making for easier competition but i keep getting put in gold tiers in the game modes ive been trying.  ill break out the cheat device after that :P

i was hoping to get put in the bottom two tiers, cause i suck at halo and it would be more fun to slaughter people who obviously must only have one hand to operate their controller with, as those are the only people out there who are worse at the multiplayer than i am.

come to think about it theres already a gamepack for gtuner out that has 7 extra button layout settings, adjustable fire modes,  rapid fire, anti-recoil, easy-thrust, easy-sprinting, and hair-trigger mods for halo 5. i might want to look into it once i start getting dumpstered.

Aim for the head and you will easily melt fools. Shooting the body doesn't do much damage, but a few rounds to the head even with the assault rifle kills extremely fast.

It sucks bro

Buy an Xbone for Master Chief Collection if you want to play Halo 

You haven't played it yet because ur mommy still has the game wrapped up in her closet, waiting to give it to you for xmas.

I didn't even think you liked fps games, and even you think it's fantastic. The mechanics are so improved over ALL the other halos, it's impossible to go back to a previous halo game now.

I like shooters. I just don't have a regular group to play multiplayer with anymore, so I don't play them as much as I have in the past, but I still enjoy them. The only FPS series I'm overly negative on is Call of Duty, and even that's really just down to the fact that I got fatigued on the series, more so than any kind of dislike towards the series/genre.

• Like 1

Halo 5 will win shooter of the year, it's that good.

The combat is superior to anything that has come out for anything on the x1, and I'm guessing the ps4 as well (lel killzone). It's nearly flawless. They managed to keep the same halo feel, while upping the mobility in a major way. Clambering and the booster jet pack was an addition that changed the way the game plays in the best way possible. Like I said before, once you play halo 5 you can't go back to a previous halo and remain satisfied.

Halo 5 takes away all the unnecessary abilities and overcomplicated mechanics that cluttered up the series since halo 3. What's left is a clean, natural feeling and rewarding experience. All the guns are useful now, and have that hefty shooting feel (I felt star wars bf lacked this for example).

In closing, what makes this game so special in the series is this:

The developers went back to Halo 2, and they built off of it. They took everything that made Halo 2 amazing and then vastly expanded and improved upon it. To put it bluntly, Halo 5 IS Halo 2 for 2015 with spectacular graphics and without that slow and clunky basic movement. If you loved Halo 2, you will love Halo 5 even more.

Edited by -COLE-

The combat is superior to anything that has come out for anything on the x1, and I'm guessing the ps4 as well (lel killzone). It's nearly flawless. They managed to keep the same halo feel, while upping the mobility in a major way. Clambering and the booster jet pack was an addition that changed the way the game plays in the best way possible. Like I said before, once you play halo 5 you can't go back to a previous halo and remain satisfied.

Halo 5 takes away all the unnecessary abilities and overcomplicated mechanics that cluttered up the series since halo 3. What's left is a clean, natural feeling and rewarding experience. All the guns are useful now, and have that hefty shooting feel (I felt star wars bf lacked this for example).

The developers went back to Halo 2, and they built off of it. They took everything that made Halo 2 amazing and then vastly expanded and improved upon it. To put it bluntly, Halo 5 IS Halo 2 for 2015 with spectacular graphics and without that slow and clunky basic movement. If you loved Halo 2, you will love Halo 5 even more.

that's not what everyone else has been saying though....

Have you even played Halo 2?

• Like 2

that's not what everyone else has been saying though....

Have you even played Halo 2?

Yes. We use to run halo 2 all the time like 10 years ago. Split screen mp. Was so much fun. 

Halo 5 is better for all the reasons I said before.

The pistol rules again. It's halo 2 all over again with new maps, incredible fluid movement, and sick graphics and effects.

The ranking system is also supposed to be similar to halo 2, based on skill. Not positive how the rankings work yet, but you also level up for the req points. So it uses a level system and skill ranking system, I'm just not sure of the specifics.

Edited by -COLE-

Teemu's name is Joffrey you casual.

It is no coincidence that me and Young Thug have the same first name.

Teemu = goat

YeICN5N.jpg

Young Thug = goat

SxdiNyu.jpg

Edited by Teemu
  • Like 5

Yes. We use to run halo 2 all the time like 10 years ago. Split screen mp. Was so much fun. 

Halo 5 is better for all the reasons I said before.

The pistol rules again. It's halo 2 all over again with new maps, incredible fluid movement, and sick graphics and effects.

The ranking system is also supposed to be similar to halo 2, based on skill. Not positive how the rankings work yet, but you also level up for the req points. So it uses a level system and skill ranking system, I'm just not sure of the specifics.

LMFAO

XPOSED!!!

The pistol was cabbage in Halo 2, one of the worst. It ruled in Halo 1.

This pleb hasn't even played Halo 2 LMFAO!

• Like 4

LMFAO

XPOSED!!!

He also said Halo 3 was trashy.... 

Im just more skeptical now. 

• Like 2

LMFAO

XPOSED!!!

I got confused with the first halo and the second one. But I've ran both extensively back in the day. It's what made me buy a 360.

He also said Halo 3 was trashy.... 

Im just more skeptical now. 

Halo 3 was the first time you could use dual guns right?

Either way it wasn't as good as 2 or the original.

Either way it wasn't as good as 2 or the original.

Lmfao you never even played them 

even McMax has more Halo knowledge 

• Like 2

Outlast 2 confirmed.

hype.

I just watched that trailer

Outlast is cool and I'm not mauling the game ....

But that was the worst ****ing trailer I've ever seen. You can't even understand what the **** is being said.

• Like 2

I just watched that trailer

Outlast is cool and I'm not mauling the game ....

But that was the worst ****ing trailer I've ever seen. You can't even understand what the **** is being said.

upside down burning cross = anti-christianity.... ambiguous glowing eyes at the end.

Its just less than a teaser. an announcement really. 

I had no problem with it with that context.  

Edited by SteelerNation43

The guns feel amazing. The hit detection is perfect. The pace is faster then ever, but not too fast like titanfall. The game modes are sick, especially both warzone modes. It's just very fun and very balanced. (and halo 3 was pretty trashy), but Halo 5? It sets the bar for fps MP in 2015.

It is every bit as good as I claim too, all the reviews agree with what I'm saying, the MP is the best it's ever been. 

The combat is superior to anything that has come out for anything on the x1, and I'm guessing the ps4 as well (lel killzone). It's nearly flawless. They managed to keep the same halo feel, jet pack was an addition that changed the way the game plays in the best way possible. Like I said before, once you play halo 5 you can't go back to a previous halo and remain satisfied.

Halo 5 takes away all the unnecessary abilities and overcomplicated mechanics that cluttered up the series since halo 3. What's left is a clean, natural feeling and rewarding experience.

Halo 5 is better

The pistol rules again. It's halo 2 all over again.

The ranking system is also supposed to be similar to halo 2, based on skill.

Screen_shot_2012-02-10_at_11.25.26_PM.pn

• Like 4

It is no coincidence that me and Young Thug have the same first name.

Teemu = goat

YeICN5N.jpg

Young Thug = goat

SxdiNyu.jpg

I figured I would expose myself before ****ing investigator Banham dug deeper into googling me and exposed me.

• Like 3

I figured I would expose myself before **** investigator Banham dug deeper into googling me and exposed me.

Bro you look swagged out with those hunnits and bling 

• Like 4

I prefer 1 and 2, but competitive wise Halo 3 is right up there. 

I smoke a bit so my memory is hazy on some details but from what I can recall this new Halo 5 is significantly better then Halo 3/4/reach. It reminds me of Halo original and Halo 2, but more versatile. It strikes just the right balance of faster movement, and that original Halo feel.

I smoke a bit so my memory is hazy on some details but from what I can recall this new Halo 5 is significantly better then Halo 3/4/reach. It reminds me of Halo original and Halo 2, but more versatile. It strikes just the right balance of faster movement, and that original Halo feel.

Do you even get BR/DMR starts on any playlist?

Halo 5 doesnt touch H2 or H3. Probably not even the orig. It's a slightly better version of H4 with a worse campaign.

• Like 2

Just admit you're a casual ffs

• Like 3

I figured I would expose myself before **** investigator Banham dug deeper into googling me and exposed me.

good lord homie. i got hair on my nuts older than that

Nothing to admit I thought that was clear?

It's still way better then 4 and brings it back to the originals with better gameplay.

4 is trash too

• Like 2

No the guns spawn like the original games. In one spot.

Already better than 4 

Edited by PATSTER
  • Like 1

Do you even get BR/DMR starts on any playlist?

Halo 5 doesnt touch H2 or H3. Probably not even the orig. It's a slightly better version of H4 with a worse campaign.

Yes you do.

It's significantly different then 4 which is weak.

It's the updated and superior version of the original and 2.

Yes you do.

It's significantly different then 4 which is weak.

It's the updated and superior version of the original and 2.

If you mention this MONSTROCITY in the same breath as H2 im going to freak. H2 is the most competitive shooter of all times and this game sucks buttermilk.

• Like 2

The movement in this game is too much. You can thruster your way out of a bad situation that you put yourself in. Setting up for weapons was important in H2/3 and if you went full or made a bad play you deserve to die not thruster your way out of it. H3 was a little slow but H2's pace was perfect. Not to mention that ground and pound . That feature just isn't practical in Halo.

• Like 2

If you mention this MONSTROCITY in the same breath as H2 im going to freak. H2 is the most competitive shooter of all times and this game sucks buttermilk.

Halo 2 is slow and cumbersome compared to 5. This takes the best of 2 and makes it better.

If the campaign was amazing the game would have gotten perfect 10s

Halo 2 is slow and cumbersome compared to 5.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing.. If you want fast paced go play Quake3

• Like 3

The movement in this game is too much. You can thruster your way out of a bad situation that you put yourself in. Setting up for weapons was important in H2/3 and if you went full or made a bad play you deserve to die not thruster your way out of it. H3 was a little slow but H2's pace was perfect. Not to mention that ground and pound . That feature just isn't practical in Halo.

You sound like a grandpa. The thrusters are perfect, you hardly move when you use it.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing.. If you want fast paced go play Quake3

This is not a fast paced game. It adds a little bit extra to the slew dull pace halo was at before. The series needed a movement change, and this is perfect for halo. It's not too fast, it's not too slow, it's just right.

This is not a fast paced game. It adds a little bit extra to the slew dull pace halo was at before. The series needed a movement change, and this is perfect for halo. It's not too fast, it's not too slow, it's just right.

Theres more to setting the pace of a game than just simply movement. Map design also plays a huge role in that. Something H2 did perfectly

• Like 2

Theres more to setting the pace of a game than just simply movement. Map design also plays a huge role in that. Something H2 did perfectly

These maps feel so familiar... Almost as if they are remodeled halo 2 maps. Some are almost identical to 2.

These maps feel so familiar... Almost as if they are remodeled halo 2 maps. Some are almost identical to 2.

Yeah i've watched streams of it. We're gonna have to agree to disagree here.

• Like 2