Sign in to follow this  
FroZeN

Did You Gain Hespect For GSP After That Fight?

I did. Not because I thought he won, we all know he lost that's plain as day, but for the way in which he fought. He showed a ton of heart and courage to continue fighting after getting his head bashed in by Hendricks. He also knew he lost that fight and it shows by the way he actually dare I say....tried to finish the fight in the 5th round? Man...that felt weird to say. GSP knew he was down 4 rounds to 1 and actually went in there to KO/submit Hendricks and I can applaud that.

Hespect gained. Too bad he should not be the champ right now. Anyway, did you gain hespect for GSP?

I've always respect his point fighting skills and his heart.

But what I hate him for did not change in this fight: his need to make a fight boring to win.

He has all the right to do that, I've all the right to hate on him because of that.

Hendricks standing up from a dominant positions (round 4) says enough about him.

I've always respected GSP but he needs to grow some balls and take the rematch while dealing with his personal issues. We all have problems but we deal with it while continuing to put food on the table. He should too.

Joe's post fight interview after GSP's robbery win showed us again what kind of champion GSP is, a Safe Champ!

It was a good fight tho but GSP clearly lost... No, I No Hespect Nochting fake champ!!!

I think this will answer any questions you have

zbewihg.gif

looks like an image fail, until it's quoted ;)

I don't know what your comment means? If you couldn't see it, I think its an issue with your browser. It's showing up just fine on my side.

GSP did not l&p. At least he kinda tried to give fans what they want.

That's because he couldn't l&p. Hendricks forced him to fight for the first time in a decade.

GSP knew he was down in the score cards and came out to finish Hendricks in the last round despite being beaten senseless for four rounds. He showed that he really wanted to win. Furthermore, any man that takes the beaten he did deserves respect.

zbewihg.gif

I can see it just fine, might want to upgrade/update your device LoL

zbewihg.gif

I don't know what your comment means? If you couldn't see it, I think its an issue with your browser. It's showing up just fine on my side.

It's now there to see.

I have no respect for the POS acting like he deserves that belt if i was Dana in the ring after they said he won i would not of handed that belt to him, he could have picked it up off the floor an he wouldnt have had it sitting in front of him at the post conference. he would have had to put it on the floor or something..... I hope in the rematch Hendricks lands a clean hay maker an it gives GSP brain damage, yea that's messed up but idc it wouldnt even bother me if he died from it hell i'd probably laugh bout it.

I did. I thought he'd break mentally and tap to strikes after he got shut down in the first round and mauled in the second. There were moments were it looked like he was close to breaking mentally. He was clearly getting over anxious, impatient and frustrated that he couldn't implement his game. He held it together just bairly though.

I then lost some of that respect back when he showed up at the presser and claimed he won 3-2. especially after having said he can't remember right after the fight. lol If he would have atleast said he though he pulled it out but could just as easily see it going to Hendricks i'd hespect him more for that.

I did respect what he said about doing his best and leaving it all out there in the cage and i think that's what he was saying about leaving his soul in there. Some people looked at that as admission of defeat and him feeling bad about it like it tore his soul apart. I looked at it as him saying i put everything i had into that fight and regardless of what people think if i won or lost this is something to be proud of that he gave it his all and didn't try to stall or coast so people really shouldn't rag on him for getting yet another decision. I think his point was he was disappointed in his performance but also proud in that he came to actually fight and hung in there when he was getting beat up and that should be respected.

I lost respect for Johnny!!!!! He should have punched the ref for stopping the fight to pick up the mouth piece.....that is where Johnny had his window to completely break GSP down and finish him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will notice the crowd standing up clapping during that moment because they all thought Big Rig was fixing to get the TKO.

I lost respect for Johnny!!!!! He should have punched the ref for stopping the fight to pick up the mouth piece.....that is where Johnny had his window to completely break GSP down and finish him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will notice the crowd standing up clapping during that moment because they all thought Big Rig was fixing to get the TKO.

I think the crowd was happy because it gave GSP a chance to recover. It was a pro GSP crowd.

I think the crowd was happy because it gave GSP a chance to recover. It was a pro GSP crowd.

I meant to say a handfull of the crowd (who wanted Big Rig to win) was up and cheering when Big Rig was rockin and sockin GSP to a near finish.

Yes, he stood with Hendricks when everyone thought he wouldn't. Even I thought he would take him down a lot. Despite the result of the fight it was a very good fight. Its just to bad the result has made to many people salty and unable to realize that a great fight was fought on both peoples parts.

Yes, he stood with Hendricks when everyone thought he wouldn't. Even I thought he would take him down a lot. Despite the result of the fight it was a very good fight. Its just to bad the result has made to many people salty and unable to realize that a great fight was fought on both peoples parts.

He only stood with Hendricks because he couldn't take him down lol

I have no respect for the POS acting like he deserves that belt if i was Dana in the ring after they said he won i would not of handed that belt to him, he could have picked it up off the floor an he wouldnt have had it sitting in front of him at the post conference. he would have had to put it on the floor or something..... I hope in the rematch Hendricks lands a clean hay maker an it gives GSP brain damage, yea that's messed up but idc it wouldnt even bother me if he died from it hell i'd probably laugh bout it.

yes i hespect what gsp did

on a side note, u have issues bra

I respect his fighting more, he stood in front of Hendricks and took everything he had and kept on coming. Hendricks went for just as many TD's as GSP as well. Was nothing boring about that fight honestly. Where i lost respect is when he said he won 3 rounds when he knows he clearly lost.

This was the type of decision where you should have handed the belt over to the challenger, the decision was that bad.

blerrrggggggggggggggggggggghhh

johnny never should have had that window to break gsp down and finish him in the first place. he tapped out early in the 1st round.

He only stood with Hendricks because he couldn't take him down lol

Yeah granted he only stood with Hendricks because Hendricks wouldn't allow him to take him down, I still thought it was good of him to not break mentally like Stomp had mentioned. Plus, he went in the 5th round trying to kill Hendricks. He showed the heart of a former champ.

i would have gained respect for gsp if he had said after the fight, i dont deserve this belt i just got my **** whooped and then he went over to hendricks and put the belt around his waist and announced his retirement.

but he didnt

GSP is a class act, he always had my hespect

Cheaters are far from class acts. You can continue to pretend like he didn't grease in the only super fight that the UFC has been able to schedule.

meh to me that's just haterz clinging on straws. He is a good guy, doesn't make excuses, trains hard and is respectful.. I know to some he is boring, but I kinda enjoy his fights. I don't think that me having this opinions warrants any hate.

Gsp is the true champ, look at history books... After that fight i ride or die 4 GSP, the new non oiled down version.