Sign in to follow this  
JWash00

Do you think the stoppage of Julianna Pena and Jessica Rakoczy pre-mature.

Agh...kinda both...Pena was not getting the finish but Jessica was not doing the right things to get out of that spot and that's why the ref stopped it...springing up legs don't do ****

Also it was kinda telling of how the UFC wants the refs to do in a situation like that...Kenny said the ref should not have stopped it that close to the end of the round

WTF does that have anything to do with it...if a fight should be stopped the time on the clock should not matter what time is left on the clock...who gives a damn a mother round happens

if it occurred with say 2mins left there would be no question as to stop it..THE REAL PROBLEM IS, mario telling jessica "watch the legs" she has a beast on top of her and she cant bring her legs up around pena's face for a reversal like move with her legs, because its considered "kicking a down opponent"even tho said "downed opponent" is on top of you punching you?! dumb **** rule

she was getting her **** pushed in

You can't just turtle up for a minute and then expect to win

Had it gone to the 2nd round, Jessica might of died

No fight should ever be stopped with a second left baring a ko or tapping. If the fighter can't carry on they can get pulled out in-between rounds by there corner like Penn was, but they deserve that chance to recover.

I think it was a legitimate stoppage and I can't blame the referee for not knowing there was only one second left on the clock. Refs aren't timekeepers, nor should they be. Fighters are often unaware of the time as well, which sometimes leaves them tapping to subs with seconds left to go. Liz Carmouche said that had she known there were only 10-15 seconds left in her fight with Rousey, she would've let her arm break so she could go to the second. Maybe not the smartest idea (broken arm or dislocated elbow) but it shows a ton of heart.

I like Rakoczy but she just wasn't strong enough to keep Julianna off of her. She wasn't fighting back adequately and the ref stopped the fight. I don't think she was on dream street during the stoppage though - perhaps had she known that time was short, she would've moved more or thrown a few back at Julianna to stay alive.

Don't get me wrong - Mario Yamasaki is a terrible ref but that stoppage wasn't bad.

I think it was a legitimate stoppage and I can't blame the referee for not knowing there was only one second left on the clock. Refs aren't timekeepers, nor should they be. Fighters are often unaware of the time as well, which sometimes leaves them tapping to subs with seconds left to go. Liz Carmouche said that had she known there were only 10-15 seconds left in her fight with Rousey, she would've let her arm break so she could go to the second. Maybe not the smartest idea (broken arm or dislocated elbow) but it shows a ton of heart.

I like Rakoczy but she just wasn't strong enough to keep Julianna off of her. She wasn't fighting back adequately and the ref stopped the fight. I don't think she was on dream street during the stoppage though - perhaps had she known that time was short, she would've moved more or thrown a few back at Julianna to stay alive.

Don't get me wrong - Mario Yamasaki is a terrible ref but that stoppage wasn't bad.

It is up to the ref to know when the fight has 10 seconds left. Because they need to break it up straight away, sometimes if they don't there could be incidents where fighters land a bad punch after the bell. The timekeepers clap those sticks for a reason, the ref should know when the round is about the end and they usually do, they are always much closer with a few seconds left

I simply disagree, because there is a (very) audible signal when there is 10 seconds left on the clock. Yamasaki heard it ( you can tell by his reaction just after the audible ticks).

Julianna wasn't really doing any damage at that moment and Rakoczy was defending herself as intelligently as she could given that situation (given that she wasn't actually taking damage. . . I don't consider shots to the arms damage).

Granted, it wasn't a 'horrible' call, it wasn't a good one. Plus, I was rooting for Julianna because I don't care much for Rousy (no class).

No the referee should have let lesbian one kill lesbian two for entertainment purposes only of course, then he should have kicked her and screamed get up you bludger and fight fight or die you lesbian ****

No the referee should have let lesbian one kill lesbian two for entertainment purposes only of course, then he should have kicked her and screamed get up you bludger and fight fight or die you lesbian ****

Actually those were two of the only 'straight' women out of the bunch. They obviously weren't distracted by the other women's bodies and were able to focus on their game.