Sign in to follow this  
truefemaleufcfan

Am I the only fan of the UFC that sees that all Dana wants is his own way?

I have watched UFC since 2. So I am educated. I watched all manor of boxing,mma(back in the day of ligit) and I have never seen an owner so involved with his fighters. When is he going to realize that fighters not only have to earn the title they want to earn the title. Dana needs to step back let UFC evolve. It should not be about what Dana wants or what the fans want it should be about who EARNED it. Who fought the best guys or gals and won. Not just about who is kissing Danas butt at that particular moment. UFC used to be great until Dana started picking and choosing the matches. Someone with a smidgeon of education on the matter should be making that call and THE FIGHTER SHOULD HAVE EARNED IT!!!!!

You should watch Bellator for the tournament style league if you'd like. I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong but it's way easier to do match making because you can replace fighters and what not when original opponents get hurt and you don't get repeat fights. Do you want to see Faber fight for the belt 3 times a year? I surely don't. That's why they have the ranking system and if the top guy loses they go to the next guy that hasn't fought yet and is healthy... case in point... Chan Sung Jung. The UFC does a pretty good job matching top 10 guys together and letting the prelim guys work their way in to the main card. You'll notice on all the non-title fight main events are between top contenders that have implications of winning and losing.