Why we don't see many Knockouts in WMMA

MIRKO_CRO_GOD

So, there have been people saying it's because of their built and them not having enough power and so on.

but I believe that it is a fact that they just don't have the proper technique. When do you see a good technical striking match between to women in the UFC ? tbh i haven't really seen one, which would make a point for them just not being as technical.

If you look at rousey/tate..except for the high level grappling you saw, the stand-up reminded me of a street fight.

then you have those exceptions like holly holm. IMO she has very good technical striking. And you see her finishing her opponents all the time. Which makes you see that women actually can get K.O's.

It's like the whole world of WMMA just need more time right now to evolve into the right direction. Once that happens and the striking level reaches a higher level, we will start seeing more and more k.o's in the womens division.

Also people used to say that flyweights don't have the built to knockout eachother. Now you see guys in there like dodson and lineker knocking guys out with pure power it almost seems. And you have Mighty Mouse who nobody can deny has the best technique by far in his division and he is more and more getting into it, knocking out a very durable Benavidez.

So what do you think? Discuss. Thanks

They have no power end of thread. There are plenty of guys with no "proper" technique with tons of power just look at Roy Nelson or Gomi. Like people say power is something you are born with or not... and SUPPRISE females are not born with any.

If you read the op, i'm trying to say that they could make up for that power deficit with proper technique. But the evolution of WMMA just isn't there right now. Hence the lack of Knockouts.

And also Roy and Gomi are just examples of having power while being less technical. But you gotta see, if roy started working on his muay thai or just boxing even..he would break into the top 10 with ease (although it might be too late for him) but combining power with technique is the best you can do.

Women don't have the power, i agree. but that is absolutely no excuse for a 5% K.O rate in their division. Their technique will evolve with time and we will get to see not so powerful women with crisp striking tagging and knocking their opponents out.

They have no power end of thread. There are plenty of guys with no "proper" technique with tons of power just look at Roy Nelson or Gomi. Like people say power is something you are born with or not... and SUPPRISE females are not born with any.

If you read the op, i'm trying to say that they could make up for that power deficit with proper technique. But the evolution of WMMA just isn't there right now. Hence the lack of Knockouts.

And also Roy and Gomi are just examples of having power while being less technical. But you gotta see, if roy started working on his muay thai or just boxing even..he would break into the top 10 with ease (although it might be too late for him) but combining power with technique is the best you can do.

Women don't have the power, i agree. but that is absolutely no excuse for a 5% K.O rate in their division. Their technique will evolve with time and we will get to see not so powerful women with crisp striking tagging and knocking their opponents out.

I don't know.. The girls really slug it out, yet there are no KOs. Also back when the UFC was way less technical (tank abbott days) the KO rate was way higher. If the women becaome more technical as a whole, this will not translate in more KOs IMO.

I don't know.. The girls really slug it out, yet there are no KOs. Also back when the UFC was way less technical (tank abbott days) the KO rate was way higher. If the women becaome more technical as a whole, this will not translate in more KOs IMO.

the tank abott days though were mostly people who weren't even used to getting hit in the face too much. and then they went up against people like abott with tons of power and got destroyed.

even if they slug it out, that doesn't always make for a k.o , just look at bonnar vs griffin. they both don't have k.o power exactly or great technique.

if you look at a fight like andrade vs sexton you also realize that women are very durable (or the lack of power atleast makes them look like it). I mean andrade was putting it on sexton and swinging wild, but if she had picked her shots and gotten was more technical in her approach she might have finished her.

a better thread would of been "why we don't need to see KOs in WMMA."

Their divisions are ****ing great on their own.

I don't watch MMA for the KOs. Its a nice byproduct but not what draws me.

People really need to watch Invicta before talking about how they know WMMA.

He didn't say WMMA was bad or anything, he was just asking why there aren't many KO's.

I think you're understanding no KO's in WMMA=crap fighters, which is not what is being said, at least from my point of view.

They don't need KO's to be exciting because most of their fights are good anyways. A lot end by submission anyways and I think subs are just as good as KO's.

He didn't say WMMA was bad or anything, he was just asking why there aren't many KO's.

I think your understanding no KO's in WMMA=crap fighters, which is not what is being said, at least from my point of view.

They don't need KO's to be exciting because most of their fights are good anyways. A lot end by submission anyways and I think subs are just as good as KO's.

+1 thanks nyteryder

I think you're understanding no KO's in WMMA=crap fighters, which is not what is being said, at least from my point of view.

that wasn't necessarily being directed at Mirko. More towards the people who don't give WMMA the time of day.

I also don't agree its their lack of technique. Most of them have fantastic technique with what their primary weapon is, but there is another factor to consider. The fact that the girls don't have the same genetic and natural power that most guys have allows them to be able to take more risks and go off the beaten path without having to worry as much about that flash KO. The guys need to remain more technically sound because of that larger risk of being KOd.

that wasn't necessarily being directed at Mirko. More towards the people who don't give WMMA the time of day.

I also don't agree its their lack of technique. Most of them have fantastic technique with what their primary weapon is, but there is another factor to consider. The fact that the girls don't have the same genetic and natural power that most guys have allows them to be able to take more risks and go off the beaten path without having to worry as much about that flash KO. The guys need to remain more technically sound because of that larger risk of being KOd.

Way more head kicks in WMMA. Women are so much more flexible.

Archived