Man shot dead for texting in Florida cinema

fobar

US authorities say a retired police officer has been charged with fatally shooting a man because he was text messaging during a film.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Melanie Snow sayid that two couples had been watching "Lone Survivor" at a cinema, north of Tampa. She says 71-year-old Curtis Reeves asked 43-year-old Chad Oulson to stop texting.

Police say the argument led to the shooting. Oulson and his wife, Nichole, were taken to a local hospital where he later died. His wife's injuries weren't considered life-threatening.

Witness Charles Cummings told FOX 13 he heard the victim say he was texting his daughter before he was shot.

"Their voices start going up, there seems to be a confrontation, somebody throws popcorn, then bang, he was shot," Mr Cummings said

"I heard the victim say, 'I can't believe ...,' then he fell on us."

"I asked if the guy was OK, and he started gurgling blood and then fell."

The sheriff's office says an off-duty deputy detained Mr Reeves until police arrived.

Mr Reeves has been charged with second-degree murder. It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.

'Course it happened in Florida.

He was "standing his ground" against a popcorn attack.He was charged with a salt and buttery.

The shooter was a retired police officer. What was his rank on the police force? He was a kernel.

He was "standing his ground" against a popcorn attack.

He was charged with a salt and buttery.

The shooter was a retired police officer. What was his rank on the police force? He was a kernel.

If he was really a retired kernel, he should have recognized that the popcorn-chucker was simply exercising his right to Concession Stand Your Ground

...This is why you turn off your god damn phone before you enter a movie. It pisses people off and obviously this 71 year old man completely lost his ****. If you need to tell your daughter something politely ask your wife to hold your popcorn and step outside the theater. Turn your phone back on as it should have been off and text your daughter whatever it is that's so important that it couldn't wait for a movie to finish. Proceed to turn your phone back off and re enter the theater, take your seat and quietly ask your wife if you missed anything.

There you go... now you live to see another day.

I always leave my mobile phone on and couldnt care less about anyone complaining. I'm also talking in my normal voice while the movie is playing. Good thing I dont live in a ****ed up country like murica I guess.

if that ever happens where I live a simple punch in the face normal shuts people like you up, who needs guns?

I always leave my mobile phone on and couldnt care less about anyone complaining. I'm also talking in my normal voice while the movie is playing. Good thing I dont live in a ****ed up country like murica I guess.

if that ever happens where I live a simple punch in the face normal shuts people like you up, who needs guns?

lmao so far no one had the balls to do anything after I simply told them to **** off

lmao so far no one had the balls to do anything after I simply told them to **** off

LOL ****ing ****.

LOL ****ing ****.

I'm not exactly watching a movie by myself though so yeah I can afford to act tough in a group :D

Not that I care either way but Everyone was flaming bartolini and omaplaytapus for making Disrespectful comments in HF thread about Zinganos husband BUT making fun of this man is ok cause no one knows the man who died right?

haven't seen anyone make fun of the man that died

Not that I care either way but Everyone was flaming bartolini and omaplaytapus for making Disrespectful comments in HF thread about Zinganos husband BUT making fun of this man is ok cause no one knows the man who died right?

No just defending the mans reasoning for shooting another human to death.

it doesn't bother me people deal with death in different ways some ues humor some dont

it doesn't bother me people deal with death in different ways some ues humor some dont

Nobody here is defending the shooter either

Have you been to the movies lately?

It's like 10 bucks a piece plus they charge you 5 bucks for a drink and another 8 for a bag of popcorn. Ain't no 71 year old man trying to put up with that crap. He paid more to go see this movie then he use to make in a week 50 years ago.

Old man said **** it. I don't need this ****.

It's like 10 bucks a piece plus they charge you 5 bucks for a drink and another 8 for a bag of popcorn. Ain't no 71 year old man trying to put up with that crap. He paid more to go see this movie then he use to make in a week 50 years ago.

lmao you are actually defending him? this better be some high quality trolling

this is CB's way of trolling. what was said in the other thread was actually not trolling but misguided disrespectful opinions. I ignore the trolls, i'd hope you can do the same

of course he is trolling, and its not high quality

What? Trolling? Don't act like you haven't nearly pulled your piece on someone being obnoxious in a movie theater before. This is exactly why I conceal carry at theaters.

People were flaming carnage and me when Shane died too. Everyone has their own line of decency. The people making jokes in this thread weren't the ones flaming bartoloni and bartoloni wasn't cracking jokes, he was calling the guy who killed himself a coward. Completely different scenarios.

I personally feel that nothing is too sacred. Laughter is the best medicine.

well this guy is not a celebrity or related to one

so who cares if he died lulz

forum logic FTW

People were flaming carnage and me when Shane died too. Everyone has their own line of decency. The people making jokes in this thread weren't the ones flaming bartoloni and bartoloni wasn't cracking jokes, he was calling the guy who killed himself a coward. Completely different scenarios.

I agree also with carnages I think just because its someone who is connected to MMA and the UFC people around here set different standards

I agree also with carnages I think just because its someone who is connected to MMA and the UFC people around here set different standards

not me, but some do for sure which is stupid

this is CB's way of trolling. what was said in the other thread was actually not trolling but misguided disrespectful opinions. I ignore the trolls, i'd hope you can do the same

I know omaplaty was also being a troll(more just making a joke) and was also flamed. To me anyway it just seems there is a double standard, everyone has their own way of dealing with death and loss

well this guy is not a celebrity or related to one

so who cares if he died lulz

forum logic FTW

you'll always get some like that unfortunately bro

Archived