Chris Weidman coach: Anderson Silva diminishing UFC legacy with excuses

fobar

“I think these guys just aren’t in touch with reality, and they have to learn how to lose properly and grow from your losses, and move on – instead of making excuses,” Longo said. “Earn your way back up, correct your mistakes. That’s what really being a champion is. One win or loss doesn’t make a champion, but certainly making excuses isn’t being a champion, either.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/chris-weidman-coach-anderson-silva-diminishing-ufc-legacy-with-post-fight-excuses/

Has anyone else within the sport come out and said this, I don't think I've seen anyone else. maybe if more did Anderson might get the message and shut the **** up

Nobody wants to be the first guy to call him out. They likely are afraid of the backlash from all the Silva lovers and fear it could tarnish their own reputation. Longo don't give a ****. He's a honey badger

Has anyone else within the sport come out and said this, I don't think I've seen anyone else. maybe if more did Anderson might get the message and shut the **** up

Nobody wants to be the first guy to call him out. They likely are afraid of the backlash from all the Silva lovers and fear it could tarnish their own reputation. Longo don't give a ****. He's a honey badger

I like the guy, got a bit of I don't give a **** about him. the world needs more like him

i don't care what either camp says, there is still the lack of finality between them 2.

I would love to see Weidman smash him for a third time but to give Silva another immediate rematch would be retarded. The guy needs a minimum of 1 victory over a top five guy to even consider a rematch with Weidman. Anything less would be a slap in the face to not only Weidman, but also to the next #1 contender. I personally would like to see 2 victories over top competition upon his return unless Weidman loses in the meantime. (which he won't)

i don't care what either camp says, there is still the lack of finality between them 2.

I would love to see Weidman smash him for a third time but to give Silva another immediate rematch would be retarded. The guy needs a minimum of 1 victory over a top five guy to even consider a rematch with Weidman. Anything less would be a slap in the face to not only Weidman, but also to the next #1 contender. I personally would like to see 2 victories over top competition upon his return unless Weidman loses in the meantime. (which he won't)

I agree, don't think i said anything that disputes that.

all I see here is a coach who knows his fighter is not getting as much credit for his win as he would've if he had won differently and who's worried that the former champ putting forward the "this wasn't a legit win" point of view will give this already present opinion more support or acknowledgement...

I don't agree with Silva on this but saying that a fighter refusing to accept a loss is going tarnish his legacy is kinda retarded. The world of fight sports is full of ego maniacs who can't accept to be defeated and Silva is just one in a million in that department.

Oh a loud mouthed new yorker running his mouth, imagine that. Why would anyone care what a coach says, he's not even a fighter.

Agreed. Using that same logic I'm going to go ahead and disregard all of your future comments on mma.

P.S gotten too^^

This is just like boxing, where some nobody who works for the fighter acts like he kicked Anderson's ****. I don't give a **** about Weidman's coach. (Also, Anderson is correct. Out of millions of fights, that's happened twice.)

This is just like boxing, where some nobody who works for the fighter acts like he kicked Anderson's ****. I don't give a **** about Weidman's coach. (Also, Anderson is correct. Out of millions of fights, that's happened twice.)

First of all this has nothing to do with boxing, and you always try to make connections, or point out similarities between the two sports when there are very few. Its quite stupid actually and you should just stick to watching boxing imo. (trying not to be to offensive here) but your mma knowledge is limited.

Your statement that Anderson is correct just further proves that. Weidmans coach played a big part in where Weidman is today so regardless whether or not you care what he says, it doesn't take away from the fact that he played a part in the downfall Silva and he has a right to voice his opinion on the matter.

When you say MILLIONS of fights it happened TWICE?! You gone full retard bro... I'm assuming you are talking about Corey Hill and Silva right? So you are saying there have been millions of UFC fights? There have been more leg breaks of that kind in mma.... I have seen four personally. If you include all combat sports its even more than that. And there still would never be fights in the millions dude.

Can't fix stupid

X_X

Twice in the UFC. It's not that rare in Muay Thai.

First of all this has nothing to do with boxing, and you always try to make connections, or point out similarities between the two sports when there are very few. Its quite stupid actually and you should just stick to watching boxing imo. (trying not to be to offensive here) but your mma knowledge is limited.

Your statement that Anderson is correct just further proves that. Weidmans coach played a big part in where Weidman is today so regardless whether or not you care what he says, it doesn't take away from the fact that he played a part in the downfall Silva and he has a right to voice his opinion on the matter.

When you say MILLIONS of fights it happened TWICE?! You gone full retard bro... I'm assuming you are talking about Corey Hill and Silva right? So you are saying there have been millions of UFC fights? There have been more leg breaks of that kind in mma.... I have seen four personally. If you include all combat sports its even more than that. And there still would never be fights in the millions dude.

Can't fix stupid

X_X

It was just an exaggeration to get my point across. In other words, it was a lucky occurrence that rarely happens. As far as using the "B" word on the MMA forum, I'm sorry it upset you so much. To me, it was just another guy in the background acting like he won the fight.

You can bet your **** that the next Silva fight will be Roy Jones Jr. but still in the octagon. No leg kicks, no leg locks. Perfect opponent to get rid of any ring rust. After that, he still shouldn't be granted an immediate title shot. A washed up Couture smashed James Toney. That's not impressive.

Lol in ten years time all people will remember is the people he beat and how long he held the belt for.

He won't be remembered

Pretty sure he will, they're building a statue of him that will replace the Jesus statue in Rio when he retires.

jesus-scaffolding.jpg

the funny thing to me, its weidman's coach talking about something he actually dont know.

Weidman is the champion, but he just defended the belt ONCE and with the same guy.

Silva, on the other hand, defend the title for years, with many diferent fighters and levels, that's his legacy.

Silva its butthurted, who wouldnt? when you're are mad you talk a lot of ****.

I agree with horseman... 2 or 3 fights before any attempt of title fight...

lol at people getting their panties in a bunch over something anderson said

LOL at all his fanboys coming to his defense...

you would do the same for your favorite fighter

don't act like you wouldn't

That's not true man... I'll explain.

When Silva first came to the UFC hardly anybody (aside from the hardcore fans) knew the guy, but I did and had watched many of his previous fights. I was excited to see him fight in UFC and was a huge fan, (mostly because of his fighting style and skills, but also because he was very humble and respectful).

After he destroyed Leben he was very humble and continued to be for some time until his ego started to get the better of him. Leites/Maia/Cote fights. At that point I stopped being a fan. I saw the guy had become a **** bag and lost respect for him.

So sorry bro but you're wrong. I wouldn't come to the defense of any fighter that acted like an idiot.

if my favourite fighter acted like a ****bag, then I would not back him up. ala Nick Diaz over the years of his many **** up

You can't increase or decrease your legacy by speaking. It can only be accomplished by your actions in the cage.

Sure you can, look at Muhammad Ali.

Ali is considered by some as the greatest of all time because he fought wars in the ring against some of the best fighters that ever lived. If he talked and lost every fight, he would have become irrelevant real quick.

He wouldn't

He abandoned the Reem a long time ago

I am disappoint but have not jumped off the train yet. I am hoping he destroys Mir. I also hope he stops wasting time pumping iron and starts killing his cardio.

He wouldn't

He abandoned the Reem a long time ago

I am disappoint but have not jumped off the train yet. I am hoping he destroys Mir. I also hope he stops wasting time pumping iron and starts killing his cardio.

He needs to slim down, not carry useless muscle

Get down to 230-240 and he'll be good

You can't increase or decrease your legacy by speaking. It can only be accomplished by your actions in the cage.

Sure you can, look at Muhammad Ali.

Ali is considered by some as the greatest of all time because he fought wars in the ring against some of the best fighters that ever lived. If he talked and lost every fight, he would have become irrelevant real quick.

Ali is so much more than a boxer or an athlete.

He transcended sports in the same way that Mandela or Lincoln transcended politics.

When Silva first came to the UFC hardly anybody (aside from the hardcore fans) knew the guy, but I did and had watched many of his previous fights. I was excited to see him fight in UFC and was a huge fan, (mostly because of his fighting style and skills, but also because he was very humble and respectful).

After he destroyed Leben he was very humble and continued to be for some time until his ego started to get the better of him. Leites/Maia/Cote fights. At that point I stopped being a fan. I saw the guy had become a **** bag and lost respect for him.

So sorry bro but you're wrong. I wouldn't come to the defense of any fighter that acted like an idiot.

Reem is a disrespectful POS, your argument is invalid and especially retarded

Reem is not a disrespectful POS. He was overly confident going into his fight with Bigfoot but not disrespectful!

In fact when Bigfoot was calling him a roider like all you clowns, he kept quiet and never bothered to mention Bigfoot was caught using himself (that's what a respectful guy would do). Bigfoot has since been caught AGAIN! A multiple time abuser! ****in hypocrite. Kinda like you. You should release Andersons ball-sack and slap yourself fool. And then release your other hand you got wraped around your pecker and search for some examples of Reem being disrespectful instead of claiming it because you hate the guy.

Reem is not a disrespectful POS. He was overly confident going into his fight with Bigfoot but not disrespectful!

In fact when Bigfoot was calling him a roider like all you clowns, he kept quiet and never bothered to mention Bigfoot was caught using himself (that's what a respectful guy would do). Bigfoot has since been caught AGAIN! A multiple time abuser! ****in hypocrite. Kinda like you. You should release Andersons ball-sack and slap yourself fool. And then release your other hand you got wraped around your pecker and search for some examples of Reem being disrespectful instead of claiming it because you hate the guy.

And after you find those examples of Reem being disrespectful search for some examples of the sky being blue.

retarded idiot hypocrite

Archived