PPV card w/ Brock Lesner vs ......

wrestlectb1108

I'm an unapologetic Brock fanboy, but I really wish they'd stop bringing up his name whenever they want to generate a little extra interest. For crying out loud, Yahoo! has had three articles on him in the past few days, despite the fact that he hasn't been doing MMA for two years. All of this simply based on a comment Dana made...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/dana-white-says-brock-lesnar-return-ufc-possibility-193559654--mma.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-now-perfect-time-brock-lesnar-come-back-155000945--mma.html

The year is 2024. Brock Lesnar is 46 years old and has retired from all athletic endeavors. His time in fake wrasslin' has done a number on his body and he's content to rest his old bones on his Minnesota ranch, wiling away the hours shooting wildlife with large caliber weapons.

The UFC forum still regularly features "What if Brock comes back to the UFC" threads.

Yahoo! news still posts new articles about it too:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-5-return-fights-brock-lesnar-ufc-212300251--mma.html

The year is 2024. Brock Lesnar is 46 years old and has retired from all athletic endeavors. His time in fake wrasslin' has done a number on his body and he's content to rest his old bones on his Minnesota ranch, wiling away the hours shooting wildlife with large caliber weapons.

The UFC forum still regularly features "What if Brock comes back to the UFC" threads.

Yahoo! news still posts new articles about it too:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-5-return-fights-brock-lesnar-ufc-212300251--mma.html

Randy Couture was still fighting at 46, Brock could do it too

Ah dang, Vote! Who hasn't been wanting to see these 2 go at it for years?? LOL

Not a damn person on Earth wants to see this fight, or has ever wanted to see this fight.

That would have been the all time biggest MMA fight ever if done at the right time.

The only time that fight would have been a big draw is between August 9, 2008, the date in which Brock had his first UFC win against Heath Herring and October 4, 2008 when Kimbo suffered his first loss at the hands of Seth Petruzelli. Anything post the collapse of EliteXC did nothing but highlight just how 2 dimensional Kimbo's fighting ability was, and how much he was a product of marketing over ability. And in mid 2009 when Brock defeated Mir and was at the peak of his drawing potential, Roy Nelson was removing the last ounce of allure Kimbo had left.

I'm not suggesting that both men were not two of the biggest drawing names in MMA at the peak of their careers...it's just that their peaks never had any real overlap. Besides, Brock would walk through Kimbo. Kimbo realistically was never that big of a heavyweight, where as Brock cut weight to make the 265 limit. And as for skill, it's a no-contest. At best, this might be sold as some kind of freak fight designed to feed Brock an easy win with a big name.

Kimbo is a silly hypothetical opponent at present. That would have been cool back in the day, though. I do, however, love it when people continue to bring up Brock Lesnar. It illustrates the power that man has to attract interest even to this day. You just cant get rid of Brock Lesnar even if you want to. It makes me chuckle when I think of all the high brow MMA fans rolling their hipster eyes at every new Brock thread and internet article.

Kimbo is a silly hypothetical opponent at present. That would have been cool back in the day, though. I do, however, love it when people continue to bring up Brock Lesnar. It illustrates the power that man has to attract interest even to this day. You just cant get rid of Brock Lesnar even if you want to. It makes me chuckle when I think of all the high brow MMA fans rolling their hipster eyes at every new Brock thread and internet article.

Win, lose, or draw, you knew you were getting a show when Brock fought. I was crushed when he lost the way he did to Overeem because it was pretty evident that his career was over.

Archived