Johnson defends his rumbleweight championship

MIRKO_CRO_GOD

He should only be allowed back to the ufc if he fights at the weight he's at now which I'm thinking is LHW???

I agree and I can't think of why he wouldn't return to the UFC at LHW. He's won six fights in a row, and they haven't all been against complete cans. His exit from the UFC (I'm trying to prove this thread is in the right section) was pretty dismal, but he was always an entertaining fighter. According to his Wikipedia article, four of his six post-UFC fights have been at LHW, with one at HW and two at catchweights just below 205.

Rumble amazes me. He's now a LHW/HW but still throws those lightning head kicks like he's a WW. Always loved the guy since his early UFC days.

Would love to see him against the Gonzaga/Stipe winner. Think he would KO either of them.

Rumble to small for hw but Lhw I can see him being a contender

I don't think he's too small but he would lose against the top dogs like Cain or JDS just because they have better striking or wrestling technique.

He could beat guys like Browne/Barnett/Stipe/Gonzaga/Bigfoot but he would probably be a legit title contender at LHW. I could see him out-muscleing Jones and having the athletic ability to avoid his TDs. He would KTFO Jones if he touched his chin. Gus had the size and movement to deal with Jones, but AJ would add legit power to that equation.

Rumble amazes me. He's now a LHW/HW but still throws those lightning head kicks like he's a WW. Always loved the guy since his early UFC days.

Would love to see him against the Gonzaga/Stipe winner. Think he would KO either of them.

I don't think he's too small but he would lose against the top dogs like Cain or JDS just because they have better striking or wrestling technique.

He could beat guys like Browne/Barnett/Stipe/Gonzaga/Bigfoot but he would probably be a legit title contender at LHW. I could see him out-muscleing Jones and having the athletic ability to avoid his TDs. He would KTFO Jones if he touched his chin. Gus had the size and movement to deal with Jones, but AJ would add legit power to that equation.

dude did you see how small rumble looked in that pitbull fight rumble is a natural 205er he would get out muscled at hw imo but rumble is a beast and i will love to see him back in the ufc rumble and glover will be a good fight to watch

rumble is a laynpray can, still butthurt over him laynpraying dan hardy

rumble is a laynpray can, still butthurt over him laynpraying dan hardy

You gotta be trolling now

Rumble definitely layed all over hardy and Hardy deserved it cause hes a BIG OL CAN

Ok 16 fights and 11 finishes only 5 decisions he hardly lays and prays bro

dude did you see how small rumble looked in that pitbull fight rumble is a natural 205er he would get out muscled at hw imo but rumble is a beast and i will love to see him back in the ufc rumble and glover will be a good fight to watch

He's no smaller than Cain. I'm not saying he is on Cains level, but it's not like Cain is huge.

Rumble would beat just about anyone outside of the top 2 guys in JDS and Cain. He might fight at LHW sometimes but he's got HW strength and still has his WW athleticism.

The only reason I'd rather see him at LHW is because I think he can beat their champ. He would get mauled by Cain and probably outstuck by JDS because of technique NOT size.

He's no smaller than Cain. I'm not saying he is on Cains level, but it's not like Cain is huge.

Rumble would beat just about anyone outside of the top 2 guys in JDS and Cain. He might fight at LHW sometimes but he's got HW strength and still has his WW athleticism.

The only reason I'd rather see him at LHW is because I think he can beat their champ. He would get mauled by Cain and probably outstuck by JDS because of technique NOT size.

i see your point bro but rumble said it himself hw's are to big and strong for him.

What light heavyweight champ are you talking about? Jon Jones?

I can't stand Jones but Anthony Johnson beating him is laughable. Rumble cut crazy weight and still lost some fights with massive size advantages. He missed weight by a mile taking on a 155er and got choked out.

He should have been a career middleweight but he ruined that with his drastic cuts to welterweight. He would get mauled in the UFC's heavyweight division.

At light heavyweight he could perform well against some good guys but he would never break into the top 5. Same for middleweight if his break from mass cutting would allow him to make 185 now.

I can't stand Jones but Anthony Johnson beating him is laughable. Rumble cut crazy weight and still lost some fights with massive size advantages. He missed weight by a mile taking on a 155er and got choked out.

He should have been a career middleweight but he ruined that with his drastic cuts to welterweight. He would get mauled in the UFC's heavyweight division.

At light heavyweight he could perform well against some good guys but he would never break into the top 5. Same for middleweight if his break from mass cutting would allow him to make 185 now.

The only two who maul him at HW is Cain or JDS, as I already mentioned. What he might give up in size he more than makes up in speed/athleticism and when you mix those with KO power it becomes a dangerous combo.

I don't think you can factor in a fight from his extreme cutting days. He's a different guy now that he isn't killing his body. Maybe Prime Koscheck was a bit too much of a step up at that point in AJ's career. I'm pretty sure Kos was in his full eyepoking glory in that fight as well.

As for Jones, I guess you missed the Gus fight, because he was exposed big time on the feet. AJ can stick and move every bit as well as Gus and he brings a big time KO threat to the fight that Gus just doesn't have. I realize there is more to TDD than pure strength, but strength certainly helps and you would have to say that AJ is certainly stronger than Gus as well.

If Gus can give Jones fits, AJ would kick his head off.

Okay, let me get this straight, and I mean this with all due respect (I swear to Dog.) You don't think a fighter belongs in the UFC unless he's in the top 5? Wouldn't that mean that each weight class would only have 5 fighters?

Well, that would suck.

Okay, let me get this straight, and I mean this with all due respect (I swear to Dog.) You don't think a fighter belongs in the UFC unless he's in the top 5? Wouldn't that mean that each weight class would only have 5 fighters?

Well, that would suck.

No I didn't say that and you are really reaching. I was responding to someone saying he would knock Jon Jones out. That's laughable this guy has missed weight by a mile and lost to smaller fighters before in the very 1st round. He would be at a serious size disadvantage against Jones.

Finished by Vitor on the ground... finished by Rich Clementi on the ground. Koscheck finished him.

Jones would tap him out easily.

Why don't you read the god damn posts I am responding to before you make yourself look like the dumb **** that everyone knows you are?

Thanks. Have a good day.

Well, that would suck.

No I didn't say that and you are really reaching. I was responding to someone saying he would knock Jon Jones out. That's laughable this guy has missed weight by a mile and lost to smaller fighters before in the very 1st round. He would be at a serious size disadvantage against Jones.

Finished by Vitor on the ground... finished by Rich Clementi on the ground. Koscheck finished him.

Why don't you read the god damn posts I am responding to before you make yourself look like the dumb **** that everyone knows you are?

Thanks. Have a good day.

It is pretty hilarious that he lost to Rich Clementi who is a lightweight. Not to mention Johnson missed weight by 7 pounds going into that fight as well. Johnson never had any business trying to fight at 170 and he is either really stubborn, or his team failed to tell him he was making a bad decision.

He's currently on a 6 fight win streak crushing cans over in WSOF though, now that he has stopped trying to emaciate himself. I'd like to see how he does in the UFC's LHW division.

Well, that would suck.

Thanks. Have a good day.

It is pretty hilarious that he lost to Rich Clementi who is a lightweight. Not to mention Johnson missed weight by 7 pounds going into that fight as well. Johnson never had any business trying to fight at 170 and he is either really stubborn, or his team failed to tell him he was making a bad decision.

He's currently on a 6 fight win streak crushing cans over in WSOF though, now that he has stopped trying to emaciate himself. I'd like to see how he does in the UFC's LHW division.

with all the fighters moving to MW I think the UFC could use another Heavy hitter like Rumble at LHW, set up fights with Vera or T.Silva for his return.

Well, that would suck.

Thanks. Have a good day.

You mad, bro?

Archived