Coward punching (king hits)

Tahune

Any of my fellow Australians should have a read of this article.

I'd like to know your thoughts

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/david-penberthy-a-new-generation-of-gutless-thugs/story-fni6unxq-1226805167994

Seen this getting some play on facebook today. I'm pretty sure this writer is a gay hipster. Obviously there's an issue, but blaming MMA fans who like to work out and get ink on random idiots dog punching kids is just rediculous. The roids factor is interesting. Its damn hard to get legit roids here unless its Clen and all that does is shred fat, a lot of guys I know who look like the guys this fool is describing but who are just fun loving lads use it and don't get stupid.

What's not being mentioned is there ARE a lot more guys in the gym these days, and a HELL of a lot more pre/intra/post workout and protein being sold. Some guys I know mix preworkout or intra with vodka before heading out and that's gotta be cause for trouble..

Also - this is in the advertiser - an absolutely HORRIBLE newspaper. Unfortunately here in Adelaide theres no other options so if you want to read the paper thats all you get!

ALSO

look what he blames - social media - GTFO!

increasing use of steroids and meth - ok there are certainly increases in this which would likely contribute to more violence

influence of bikie culture on mainstream - GTFO! Bikie culture? What absolute nonsense. The 1%ers don't go around randomly thugging on people. Anyone even affiliated or nommed would get their patch taken off and kicked out and shamed if they did something like this.

This dude has no idea what he's talking about.

Also steroid use is rife now mate.

In QLD especially. there has been a spike in it for sure.

yeah true that last time I was in goldie there were some weird looking dues running round with body shapes that you just can't get from normal gains.. In SA there's hardly any roids its just too hard to get your hands on. Absolutely agree with him baggin the media blaming drinking culture, unfortunately what he offers instead (apart from the gear and the roids) is pretty much rubbish. Cant speak for Sydney. all I see there are pink shirts and indians haha ;)

ALSO

increasing use of steroids and meth - ok there are certainly increases in this which would likely contribute to more violence

influence of bikie culture on mainstream - GTFO! Bikie culture? What absolute nonsense. The 1%ers don't go around randomly thugging on people. Anyone even affiliated or nommed would get their patch taken off and kicked out and shamed if they did something like this.

I don't fully understand Australian, but it sounds similar to the "knockout game" in America. If that's the case, social media has a lot to do with it. They sucker punch unsuspecting people while someone films it, and then they put it on the internet. Without the internet, it would never become popular.

ALSO

I don't fully understand Australian, but it sounds similar to the "knockout game" in America. If that's the case, social media has a lot to do with it. They sucker punch unsuspecting people while someone films it, and then they put it on the internet. Without the internet, it would never become popular.

It kinda promotes it there's pages dedicated to them type of videos you just have to be a **** to think it's ok to actually do it

ALSO

it's nothing to do with the knockout game, apart from the sucker punch. No filming or putting online just big roided up drunk/drugged idiots going into rage mode and running around KOing kids, and some of the kids dying from the head injury sustained from hitting the floor

This is far too complicated for me to post something coherent if I go too in depth., but some of the stuff happening recently is pretty crazy.

I will say their is a significant problem with violence in Australian culture, and to narrow it down as just a male thing is hugely understating the situation, as females are getting far more violent as well. but I can't stress enough this is a negative shift in our culture on many levels.

Today NSW Premier O'Farrell has announced that new laws will be passed making it a mandatory 8 year minimum for alcohol and drug fuelled coward punch crimes, with a potential max of 25. If no alcohol is involved, no mandatory min sentence and a max of 20.

And just to touch on some earlier posts in Sydney getting a wide variety of steroids doesn't seem to be difficult. I am not a gym kinda guy, prefer just going for a run and some exercise round the corner at the local park, but I know a few guys who cycle regularly and long term it's not pretty.

Archived