Rory Macdonald vs Damien Maia

UFC_KO

I think Rory's game plan for this fight will be to keep it on the feet. Which basically means he will look to jab n run for three rounds.

If Maia can get it to the ground it will be more interesting, but Rory isn't exactly a push over on the ground. Tough fight to predict.

I'm curious to see who is better standing and on the ground. Will be rooting for Maia though.

So Shields beats Maia and Maia gets ranked above him.

If Rory beats Maia does Maia go to number 2?

If Rory beats Maia, and Condit beats Woodley, I think they will set that fight up for the next title shot.

What about Shields who has already beat Maia and Condit? (edit to add and Lawlor by murder)

shields beat condit like 6 years ago

and he is the most boring fighter in ufc history

If Rory beats Maia, and Condit beats Woodley, I think they will set that fight up for the next title shot.

What about Shields who has already beat Maia and Condit? (edit to add and Lawlor by murder)

He is making his way back up to the top the division, but he's not quite there yet.

I think he needs 1 or 2 more wins to get there again.

If the fight was in the past 5 years id say yeah but he fought him in 06. That would be an interesting rematch win or lose I'd put my money on Condit winning the rematch. Either Condit vs Shields or Shields vs Rory if he manages to beat Maia.

He is making his way back up to the top the division, but he's not quite there yet.

Shields has won 4 in a row.

Lawlor has only had three.

Its a ****ing joke because Shields beat Lawlor easily.

Here is Jake Shields tapping Robble Lawlor in 2 minutes.

Total domination - and the UFC is putting this guy in for a title shot.

not only did he tap him, he was effectively outstriking him.

Yes for a guy with no stand up he seems to be getting that left jab in there pretty good.

Lawlor is not half the fighter Shields is and he knows/acknowledges it. Check out his reaction when he gets up. He looks up to Shields.

I think there is something going on here,no way does Lawlor jump right to a title shot before Maia.Silva finished EVERYONE except Maia and most figure Maia was coming on later and Silva was running.Maia drops down now and is a real beast because now he has the size to grapple.

The original match should have been Rory and Maia,not Lawlor.Maia is going to beat Rory and i feel it is a matchup the UFC purposely put together in a way to grind GSP back out and to get at Zahabi.Maia is going to get the belt,the ONLY guy that can hang with him o nthe ground is Condit,Carlos might be able to get the belt after all is said and done.

I laugh at the notion Lawlor is fighting for a title,still can't believe it,he is not that good and will lose to Hendrick's easily.Robbie only got past Rory because of a very lame rule that helps the fallen get back up because they are not skilled enough to get up themselves.

Oh well the UFC is run by incompetent anyhow,they like to toot their horn but they haven't got a clue.Rory will lose and GSP will remain AWOL and Dana will still be frothing at the mouth.

I think there is something going on here,no way does Lawlor jump right to a title shot before Maia.Silva finished EVERYONE except Maia and most figure Maia was coming on later and Silva was running.Maia drops down now and is a real beast because now he has the size to grapple.

The original match should have been Rory and Maia,not Lawlor.Maia is going to beat Rory and i feel it is a matchup the UFC purposely put together in a way to grind GSP back out and to get at Zahabi.Maia is going to get the belt,the ONLY guy that can hang with him o nthe ground is Condit,Carlos might be able to get the belt after all is said and done.

I laugh at the notion Lawlor is fighting for a title,still can't believe it,he is not that good and will lose to Hendrick's easily.Robbie only got past Rory because of a very lame rule that helps the fallen get back up because they are not skilled enough to get up themselves.

Oh well the UFC is run by incompetent anyhow,they like to toot their horn but they haven't got a clue.Rory will lose and GSP will remain AWOL and Dana will still be frothing at the mouth.

Zak did you forget that Maia lost his last fight? No comment on that?

Zak did you forget that Maia lost his last fight? No comment on that?

Yes he did and he lost it to shields who GSP'd him. Zak should be busting a nut over how Shields fights safe...or smart or whatever he calls it.

Yes for a guy with no stand up he seems to be getting that left jab in there pretty good.

Lawlor is not half the fighter Shields is and he knows/acknowledges it. Check out his reaction when he gets up. He looks up to Shields.

It's LAWLER! God damn man.

Maia Wins this by Nasty sub. Rory moves down to LW.

To all the idiots praising Jake Shields, here's the facts.

Shields WAS once a boss, back in strikeforce.

Since the moment he stepped in the Octagon, he has fought like a ****, and been proud of it. No way Dana rewards that. No way, no how. Once shields is violently KTFO by Lombard, maybe Dana will tell him to watch the replay, and say THAT'S how it's done.

I honestly feel Shields has somehow lost his balls. I hope he gets them back, because until he does, he's never getting that shot. They'll let Maia rematch him before they do that.

I want Rory to win. but he's been looking like **** lately. if Maia beats him, I bet Rory will find something else to do rather than mma.

Stabbing cats and raping garbage bags?

good god.... like or agree!!! i cant do both! i cant choose! dammmmnyooooouuuu

It's LAWLER! God damn man.

Are you sure?

They want Hendricks to be their champ cuz he's a hillbilly and 'muricans want a hillbilly champ who can bang and wrassle. So they're feeding him a striker who can't strike with Jake Shields.

LoL CANadians can't handle the fact that Hendricks whooped the **** out of him and forced him to quit. It's glorious.

I'm CANadian. And I think you're an idiot.

Archived