NEW DISCUSSION'S CREATED WITH A POLL ATTACHED.

bigdw35/Ufcfan_1

Going forward we will not be allowing poll's to be created as part of a discussion. There are some technical glitches with this part of the forum that needs to be fixed to allow editing, etc.

Members that are hosting Fight Club Gathering etc, will be given permission to create a discussion with a poll.

Administration will also be able to create.

Any poll's created will be deleted unless given permission to do so.

Sorry for the inconvenience, This is permanent, some modifications need to be done with the process.

Just to give you all a heads up as to why this is being done. Not that anyone has abused this privilege.

Thanks for understanding.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going forward we will not be allowing poll's to be created as part of a discussion. There are some technical glitches with this part of the forum that needs to be fixed to allow editing, etc.

Members that are hosting Fight Club Gathering etc, will be given permission to create a discussion with a poll.

Sorry for the inconvenience, This is permanent, some modifications need to be done with the process.

Just to give you all a heads up as to why this is being done. Not that anyone has abused this privilege.

So we will have to get "special" permission to post a poll permanently?

Unfortunately only Administration or Members setting up Fight Club gatherings will be allowed to post poll's.

Unfortunately only Administration or Members setting up Fight Club gatherings will be allowed to post poll's.

What is the technical issue that requires free members to no longer post polls?

1.It can't be edited for content by administration.

2.it avoids any filters.

3.it is not regulated to only free members, the paid side is not allowed to create a poll unless they are hosting a Fight Club gathering.

2.it avoids any filters.

3.it is not regulated to only free members, the paid side is not allowed to create a poll unless they are hosting a Fight Club gathering.

Titles also avoid filters. If the problem is it can't be edited, just allow polls and delete the whole thread when needed.

2.it avoids any filters.

Titles also avoid filters. If the problem is it can't be edited, just allow polls and delete the whole thread when needed.

That is true. As of now, poll's will be limited to Admin and FC members arranging party's.

Sorry, if anything changes will be sure to let you all know.

I don't see why polls can't continued to be created.

Mods can "mod" and remove those that avoid filters in the title, poll options, etc.

Seems like a waste of capability if it can't even be used.

Understood. That's why they will be deleted. It may not be an option anymore.

Until it is figured out what they want to do. This is what they have asked us to do. Sorry.

I don't see why polls can't continued to be created.

Mods can "mod" and remove those that avoid filters in the title, poll options, etc.

Seems like a waste of capability if it can't even be used.

Understood. That's why they will be deleted. It may not be an option anymore.

Until it is figured out what they want to do. This is what they have asked us to do. Sorry.

No worries, was just a thought.

Polls were the only good thing this forum had left. Couldn't you just jail/ban people posting retarded stuff?

That's funny considering you never vote lol

Anywayz, thanks @bigdw35 for being reasonable and not banning everyone for "questioning mods" like some would do.

We all try to be fair, and that's why I posted that this was happening instead of just doing it without any explanation.

I'm sorry, but this is a bad ruling. Polls were interesting and helped discussion. If there's technical glitches, fix them. If it's a concern about people avoiding the swear filter and posting hateful things through the polls, ban/jail them. The rules very clearly state that avoiding the swear filter or posting hate is a bannable offense. Removing polls is a bad idea, it's one of my favorite parts of this forum.

UFC IS THAT HUNGRY FOR MONEY ? **** YOU

Polls were the only good thing this forum had left. Couldn't you just jail/ban people posting retarded stuff?

Anywayz, thanks @bigdw35 for being reasonable and not banning everyone for "questioning mods" like some would do.

We all try to be fair, and that's why I posted that this was happening instead of just doing it without any explanation.

If it were fair then take polls out all together not justl et paying members ues them and how would a poll be uesfull for setting up a gathering?

If it were fair then take polls out all together not justl et paying members ues them and how would a poll be uesfull for setting up a gathering?

Which snack should I bring to the gathering?

A.) Celery sticks with avocado dip

B.) Wholemeal crackers with low fat cheese

Which snack should I bring to the gathering?

A.) Celery sticks with avocado dip

B.) Wholemeal crackers with low fat cheese

wtf avocado dip?

No cheese whiz with little pepperoni sticks set in the middle?

They use the polls to RSVP. That's the only thing paying members can use polls for.

They use the polls to RSVP. That's the only thing paying members can use polls for.

Correct. At this time that is all they will be used for and if Administration needs to set one for something.

They either need to get someone at sparkart that knows what they are doing/cares about making the site better or get rid of sparkart altogether. They destroyed this site with that "upgrade". Didn't fulfill any of the promises that they made when the "upgrade" was made and are now making the forum even worse.

They either need to get someone at sparkart that knows what they are doing/cares about making the site better or get rid of sparkart altogether. They destroyed this site with that "upgrade". Didn't fulfill any of the promises that they made when the "upgrade" was made and are now making the forum even worse.

Quoted for troof before you get banned.

If they want to ban me for speaking my mind then so be it. I've been on here since 2009 and have never been jailed or banned so I follow the rules most of the time which can't be said for many members on here. It just seems like the forum is moving backwards instead of getting better. The forum should be getting easier to use with more features and a better presentation. Instead they are doing the exact opposite. They may not like what they are reading but they should want some feedback from their members.

Bigdw35, questions. How come the poll feature hasn't come down yet? I don't quite understand.

It will be an option until it is modified or removed. We have to enforce it until this happens.

My apologies but that makes me more confused. I see plenty of argument on here for the jail/ban solution and higher not wanting to do that but it seems that's what you guys are doing anyway. What are you trying to enforce? One not using the poll option? If so, what happens when someone uses it if it hasn't come down? Why tell us about it and not take it down? Seems strange. Anyway, I don't exactly know what your role is as a moderator but I suppose I have no choice to point my frustration in your general direction. Sorry in advance!

Still waiting for the update that adds image tags....

Bigdw35, questions. How come the poll feature hasn't come down yet? I don't quite understand.

It will be an option until it is modified or removed. We have to enforce it until this happens.

My apologies but that makes me more confused. I see plenty of argument on here for the jail/ban solution and higher not wanting to do that but it seems that's what you guys are doing anyway. What are you trying to enforce? One not using the poll option? If so, what happens when someone uses it if it hasn't come down? Why tell us about it and not take it down? Seems strange. Anyway, I don't exactly know what your role is as a moderator but I suppose I have no choice to point my frustration in your general direction. Sorry in advance!

All good. I have big shoulders. This is what us going to happen.

For now. No polls are to be created unless you are a fight club member trying to set up a gathering. They will need to PM a mod to let them know they want to do this...

Administration will be able to post what they need.

Prior polls I am not going to take down. If another mod wants to that is up to them. I took down all the ones I have seen that were derogatory.

Does that make sense.

All good. I have big shoulders. This is what us going to happen.

For now. No polls are to be created unless you are a fight club member trying to set up a gathering. They will need to PM a mod to let them know they want to do this...

Administration will be able to post what they need.

Prior polls I am not going to take down. If another mod wants to that is up to them. I took down all the ones I have seen that were derogatory.

Does that make sense.

chk rg. tango. out.

How does a pole help a gathering?

Hey guys do you want to meet at:

A. The library

B. The Gym

C. My house

D. Burger King

Seems like the poles are much more useful to discuss fight outcomes/winners and fun stuff like "who's the p4p best striker" etc etc ON A FIGHT FORUM.

How does a pole help a gathering?

People who are attending vote on how many people they will be attending with (alone, +1, +2, +3, etc). I imagine it's done as an easy way to keep track of numbers, since you can do so at a glance, rather than keeping track of a large list of replies.

Archived