Will Wideman be p4p#1 if he beats Vitor?

Junglebird

lol really?

Dana said it at the pre fight scrum yesterday. he also said Barao is #1 p4p if he finishes faber last week. He'll call Jones #1 p4p when his fight gets closer too.

I'd say Jones, Aldo, barao and weedman are the clear best right now though.

depends how he does it. And it also depends how Vitor's couple next fight go as well.

Just like when Jones pwned Shogun.. when these long time legend start to fade you kinda wanna know if they still had it when they got beat or if they were on the down side.

If Vitor loses but then destroys a couple guys it'll be a very significant win for Weidman. Like he did after he lost to Silva.

But if say he wins and then goes to lose to Bisping.. and then to munoz.. well.. that win won't look so significant.

Weidman's p4p status will climb with time and the number of title defenses. So far he was kinda untested before he faced Silva. Munoz was his biggest win... And maybe we're gonna see Silva suck badly from now and since he's 39, that itself wouldn't help Weidman's fame too much.

lol really?

Wideman beat the undisputed GOAT p4p#1 twice in a row.

If he beats Vitor (while on roids) I think that earns him p4p#1 status. Vitor on roids has been on a rampage

i need to see a few more of his fights before i make an assessment

if he beats vitor and machida/moose then we'll see

If WeidGOAT beats Vitor, then Machida and/or Jacare, I'd defnitely say he's in the conversation for P4P.

But what if the exact same happens for barao/aldo/jones who has more defense against the top of their division as well.

As long as those three keep winning and if they win decisively then i couldnt put weidman above them

I think Cain and Weidman are fighting for 4th spot

I think it's quite premature to begin calling someone the #1 P4P fighter in the world before they've had a convincing defense of their title. I get that he dethroned the king, but beating the best doesn't default you to their previous status. Jon Jones has been far more dominate, for much longer, and has shown virtually no signs of weakness against what I would consider to be a more impressive line up of fighters.

Not saying Weidman couldn't eventually be the best fighter in the world, just that it's premature based on his limited career thus far to claim it already.

I think it's quite premature to begin calling someone the #1 P4P fighter in the world before they've had a convincing defense of their title. I get that he dethroned the king, but beating the best doesn't default you to their previous status. Jon Jones has been far more dominate, for much longer, and has shown virtually no signs of weakness against what I would consider to be a more impressive line up of fighters.

Not saying Weidman couldn't eventually be the best fighter in the world, just that it's premature based on his limited career thus far to claim it already.

Weidman would beat Jones

Not to mention the fact that he has already beat the best of the best and never had a close fight, never been outstruck, outwrestled, or outgrappled.

No other fighter in the ufc can say that.

Ronda Rousey.

that's true, she's Weidman with tits. What a boss.

I absolutely think so. He beat the "GOAT" 2 straight fights and not only won but dominated him and knocked him out. Vitor is on a run only because of Roids. Weidman is going to humiliate Vitor in their fight and no body from that division is going to touch Weidman. He is too good and way to well rounded for any fighter left in the division.

Not to mention the fact that he has already beat the best of the best and never had a close fight, never been outstruck, outwrestled, or outgrappled.

Ronda Rousey.

LOL Wmma?

=))

=))

=))

=))

=)) =)) =))

I fail to see why a woman should not be in consideration here. And if ever there was a dominate female presence in MMA, it is Rousey. She's only been taken out of the 1st round once, and she managed to finish 62% of her fights within one single minute. Perhaps most impressive of all is that it's by the same move, over and over again. Everyone knows exactly what she's going to do, and yet no one has ever been able to stop her from imposing her will and gameplan. Plus, she's only 3 behind Weidman in total career fights, which she's done in 2 fewer years - meaning she's been taking fights more frequently than Weidman has. The only detraction in Rousey's career is she has never faced Cyborg Santos (pardon me, I can't seem to remember what name she is using these days).

I'm not saying I believe she is the best P4P fighter in the world, but she certainly has pieced together a resume that should requite more respect than your glib emoticons would seem to convey.

Ronda Rousey.

LOL Wmma?

=))

=))

=))

=))

=)) =)) =))

I fail to see why a woman should not be in consideration here. And if ever there was a dominate female presence in MMA, it is Rousey. She's only been taken out of the 1st round once, and she managed to finish 62% of her fights within one single minute. Perhaps most impressive of all is that it's by the same move, over and over again. Everyone knows exactly what she's going to do, and yet no one has ever been able to stop her from imposing her will and gameplan. Plus, she's only 3 behind Weidman in total career fights, which she's done in 2 fewer years - meaning she's been taking fights more frequently than Weidman has. The only detraction in Rousey's career is she has never faced Cyborg Santos (pardon me, I can't seem to remember what name she is using these days).

I'm not saying I believe she is the best P4P fighter in the world, but she certainly has pieced together a resume that should requite more respect than your glib emoticons would seem to convey.

i agree

he knows rousey is more dominant than weidman

Ronda Rousey.

LOL Wmma?

=))

=))

=))

=))

=)) =)) =))

well I would simply say because the competition in WMMA is obviously more shallow than men's competition so until there's been a couple generation of WMMA fighters it'll be impossible to rank them in the P4P ranking aside with the men.

Also because even P4P males are usually stronger than women, so as good as Ronda is she'd probably get ragdolled by fighters who could make her weight.

Ronda Rousey.

LOL Wmma?

=))

=))

=))

=))

=)) =)) =))

i agree

Dude are you kidding me? First of all Ronda has TWO fights in the ufc, I repeat that as TWO total ufc fights against nobodies and she was GIFTED that ufc belt before ever doing a damn thing to earn it in the ufc just because dana thought she was "marketable" and gave him good head.

Her first fight was against someone people never heard of until the ufc used her sexual orientation to hype the fight oh and ronda almost got choked out by her, a white belt lol.

Who is Ronda's best win? ****ing miesha Tate?? The girl who punched ronda in the face repeatedly and then gassed after 1 round? Yea man that was clearly WAY more impressive than chris stopping Anderson with strikes twice. =)) =))

Ronda Rousey.

LOL Wmma?

=))

=))

=))

=))

=)) =)) =))

i agree

lol **** off

Weidman dominated the best in the world in 2 fights

Ronda struggled with a can in Meisha

Ronda Rousey.

LOL Wmma?

=))

=))

=))

=))

=)) =)) =))

i agree

lol **** off

don't get mad brah

i thought anderson was a can?

Ronda Rousey.

LOL Wmma?

=))

=))

=))

=))

=)) =)) =))

i agree

lol **** off

don't get mad brah

i thought anderson was a can?

He is

But compared to the competition Ronda faces he is GOAT

Archived