True Detective

Tahune

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
e04, Who Goes There has been postponed 'til next week.

I guarantee that episode will be better than the fights, maybe even better than the super bowl.

Yeah i was gutted. I was all pumped to watch it yesterday then discovered the super bowl had put it off. you seen the preview yet?

e04, Who Goes There has been postponed 'til next week.

I guarantee that episode will be better than the fights, maybe even better than the super bowl.

Yeah i was gutted. I was all pumped to watch it yesterday then discovered the super bowl had put it off. you seen the preview yet?no I didn't catch it, i'll google it real quick

Pretty much. I've been enjoying watching the show but I'm ready for a more action packed episode. It looks like that is coming this weekend.

The writing for matthew mcconaughey's character is ****in awesome. Some of the set ups for his dialogues while he is being interviewed by two detectives ( like making the person out of the beer can to make the point about the illusion of self) are GOAT.

10 signs that you are watching too much True Detective:

You stopped buying snooty beer but smoking 4 packs a day.

When the family stages a True intervention you walk out and tell them to "get a warrant."

You traded the family hatchback in for a red pick up.

While ordering your half-decaf, non-fat latte you say:

"'preciate a little hustle up on that" while blowing their tip at them across the counter

you show up at your co-worker's house uninvited and mow his lawn

You write "regular guy with a big-**** ****" while filling out your income-tax paperwork

You currently view Monday thru Saturday as 'reflection time'. And a job doesn't get to interrupt that.

You become less and less great outside of parties

You've needed stitches from failed attempts at making action figures out of beer cans.

You see your neighbor mowing their lawn and give him a look like "yeah, keep that **** over there"

Mad episode tonight mate @TheHNIC

Knew the adultery was coming, the end was ****in awesome.

Yeah. The episode didn't progress much as far as the story goes. I guess they had to show all that stuff that most people already knew.

In the promo for next week, do you think the video that Rust showed Marty was Audrey?

Mad episode tonight mate @TheHNIC

Knew the adultery was coming, the end was ****in awesome.

Yeah. The episode didn't progress much as far as the story goes. I guess they had to show all that stuff that most people already knew.

In the promo for next week, do you think the video that Rust showed Marty was Audrey?

I can only surmise it was.

it rattled him whatever it was anyway.

I have not read this thread, as it just started airing over in the UK last week - and I would be devastated to get any spoilers. However I just finished Episode 2, and am ready to proclaim this one of the most superbly made television shows I've ever seen. Just needed to get that out, so I figured this was as good a place to do it as any. I can not wait until next Saturday to see Episode 3. I am downright jealous of everyone in the States who are a few weeks ahead of us. I want so badly to know more.

I have not read this thread, as it just started airing over in the UK last week - and I would be devastated to get any spoilers. However I just finished Episode 2, and am ready to proclaim this one of the most superbly made television shows I've ever seen. Just needed to get that out, so I figured this was as good a place to do it as any. I can not wait until next Saturday to see Episode 3. I am downright jealous of everyone in the States who are a few weeks ahead of us. I want so badly to know more.

You won't be disappointed mate.

@leiting why don't you download it? been out for months! **** waiting a week for an ep that's available that's crazy talk

The short answer is I'm passionately against illegal streams and downloaded material. And because the only currently legal way to watch True Detectives online is through HBO Go, a service that is unavailable for residents of the UK, I will simply wait.

@leiting why don't you download it? been out for months! **** waiting a week for an ep that's available that's crazy talk

The short answer is I'm passionately against illegal streams and downloaded material. And because the only currently legal way to watch True Detectives online is through HBO Go, a service that is unavailable for residents of the UK, I will simply wait.

.... sorry I knew the answer to that, was 100% trolling. Keep fighting the good fight lol

.... sorry I knew the answer to that, was 100% trolling. Keep fighting the good fight lol

No need for apologizes. Truth be told a part of me also likes being forced to wait a week to see new episodes of my favorite shows. I have "binge-watched" shows in the past on Netflix when I lived State-side, but there is something so pure about seeing the credits begin to roll and seething with frustration because you want more. I sometimes find myself day-dreaming during the week about the next episodes of Game of Thrones or now True Detectives or other totally engrossing shows. I like that.

I feel like watching a series little by little somehow makes the entire viewing of it more engaging. Wondering where it goes next, reflecting on characters as they develop. And if Netflix has taught me anything, it's that I absolutely lack the will-power to walk away after only "one more" episode. Week by week makes you savor the flavor, rather than rush to the metaphorical dessert of knowing what comes next. My general rule of thumb is half-hour comedies I allow myself to binge on, hour long dramas with deeply ingrained story-telling, I watch first runs on TV and try to avoid letting them pile up on my DVR for fear I might just lose a day to them.

No need for apologizes. Truth be told a part of me also likes being forced to wait a week to see new episodes of my favorite shows. I have "binge-watched" shows in the past on Netflix when I lived State-side, but there is something so pure about seeing the credits begin to roll and seething with frustration because you want more. I sometimes find myself day-dreaming during the week about the next episodes of Game of Thrones or now True Detectives or other totally engrossing shows. I like that.

I feel like watching a series little by little somehow makes the entire viewing of it more engaging. Wondering where it goes next, reflecting on characters as they develop. And if Netflix has taught me anything, it's that I absolutely lack the will-power to walk away after only "one more" episode. Week by week makes you savor the flavor, rather than rush to the metaphorical dessert of knowing what comes next. My general rule of thumb is half-hour comedies I allow myself to binge on, hour long dramas with deeply ingrained story-telling, I watch first runs on TV and try to avoid letting them pile up on my DVR for fear I might just lose a day to them.

I agree with that, I just feel the need to be up to minute, I'll get it as soon as the torrent is out and wait til the following week, hate getting spoiled on social media etc.. but yeah can understand the methodical approach. Kevin Spaceys speech on binging tv said it best let the fans choose how they consume

Archived