Pat Bary leaves MMA released from UFC contract

poonmachine

After long discussions with our client Pat Barry over the recent weeks, he has come to the decision that he will be taking an indefinite leave from competing in MMA. The UFC and Zuffa have been very gracious in releasing him from his contract and Pat is very grateful for everything they have done for him and his career.

“Over the past few fights I’ve just had this sinking feeling in my stomach whenever I have stepped into the Octagon and I realize, I DONT WANT TO WRESTLE. Not saying I will never do MMA again, but right now I just want to hit people. MMA and the UFC have been great to me and I will always support the company and the sport. I want to thank all my fans, sponsors and haters for being with me on this journey and I look forward to what future holds.” – HD!

“Pat and I have talked about this for a while now and with recent changes in the landscape of combat sports, he wants to explore some options and try to get back to his roots. He’s going to take a little time to clear his head and then we will explore our options. We will keep you posted on things as they develop.” – Brian Butler

Man I wish he would have dropped to LHW, o well maybe we can see him in GLORY

Sounds like he's going into kickboxing smart move he was getting beat way to much I don't think LHW would have helped him that much tbh he'd be fighting smaller guys but there's also more well rounded guys in that division to.

you think he will stay at HW if he goes back to kickboxing?

Sounds like he's going into kickboxing smart move he was getting beat way to much I don't think LHW would have helped him that much tbh he'd be fighting smaller guys but there's also more well rounded guys in that division to.

you think he will stay at HW if he goes back to kickboxing?

Probably at least to start with, if he dropped down in kickboxing it could be a good idea.

lol his last 6 losses have been to strikers...

Yeah pretty weird statement considering nobody wrestled him in a while

It's a shame man, but I hate to see Pat losing.

On a side note, I'm seriously worried about his mental health lol dude posts the most random youtube videos ever

he probably wants to just focus on practicing his striking and not have to worry about training other aspects

He should had moved to lhw he's a exciting fighter for sure he just gets over powered at hw war pat barry

I'm probably the biggest Barry fan here but moving down in weight wouldn't help him. He just truly isn't good now. When he had a chin, he could at least put up a fight. He'd get owned at 205 too.

Hopefully he does well wherever he goes. I met him back in 2010 and he is a badass.

He should had moved to lhw he's a exciting fighter for sure he just gets over powered at hw war pat barry

I'm probably the biggest Barry fan here but moving down in weight wouldn't help him. He just truly isn't good now. When he had a chin, he could at least put up a fight. He'd get owned at 205 too.

Hopefully he does well wherever he goes. I met him back in 2010 and he is a badass.

i remember when he was feared because of his leg kicks those was the good ol days

That sucks but I think he made the right choice. He just doesn't have the wrestling/grappling to hang in the UFC anymore.

I feel the UFC kinda rushed him in the beginning. The UFC signed him when he was only 4-0 and all his wins were 1st round stoppages. He basically learned how to grapple and wrestle in his first fights in the UFC. I think he would have done a lot better if he fixed his ground game first before jumping into the UFC. He showed flashes of his ground game in some fights and I thought he was really passionate about grappling and wrestling but I guess not. At the end of the day he is a striker.

He was always an exciting and entertaining fighter. You could always count on that. Great guy too. Wish him the best in the future

Wish him well. Guy was always a class act and very humble even in defeat.

i like your sig

I could've given you shiit about yours when you lost after picking Safey McDonalds. At least I roll with underdogs.

Anyway I'm not mad about it because the half Za part made me laugh and Bendo is a robber.

i like your sig

I could've given you shiit about yours when you lost after picking Safey McDonalds. At least I roll with underdogs.

Anyway I'm not mad about it because the half Za part made me laugh and Bendo is a robber.

lol you need to put your jimmies through some strength and conditioning. You did give me **** and i didn't get rustled about it... mostly because i had it coming for picking Roidy.

i like your sig

lol you need to put your jimmies through some strength and conditioning. You did give me **** and i didn't get rustled about it... mostly because i had it coming for picking Roidy.

Not after the fact. It's all good doe. I'll get you back.

Any opinions on this card?

i like your sig

Wasn't trying to be a **** my dude.

I got Aldo, Barao, Reem if you wanted to get me back.

i like your sig

Wasn't trying to be a **** my dude.

I got Aldo, Barao, Reem if you wanted to get me back.

I'll wait til the next one then. I already have a bet on Aldo Barao and Mir is gonna get body bagged.

Archived