Submissions not seen in the UFC

JChristian522

Dustin Hazelett def. Tamden McCrory via omoplata at UFC 91.

Nick Diaz caught Takanori Gomi with the gogoplata but it was overturned because Nick smokes way too many PEDs.

My favorite UFC sub was the Twister. You'll never see that again. I think Aoki landed a gogoplata from the mount one time. That was in Dream, not UFC though.

Nick Diaz caught Takanori Gomi with the gogoplata but it was overturned because Nick smokes way too many PEDs.

My favorite UFC sub was the Twister. You'll never see that again. I think Aoki landed a gogoplata from the mount one time. That was in Dream, not UFC though.

Agree about the Twister.

Diaz' gogoplata was also outside the UFC

Nice on the Dustin Hazelett info!

It technically was not an Omoplata

lol wiki has the McRory win listed as a reverse armbar.. derp derp

The wiki you saw was correct. The technique used in the Hazelett-McCrory fight was a reverse armbar. Reverse armbar attacks the elbow joint; the Omoplata attacks the shoulder. They are 2 different submissions.

I might be wrong, but didn't frank mir hit omoplata? Or did he just use it to reverse and turn it into kimura? hmmh, I'm blanking here.

Antoni Hardonk attempted an omoplata on Mir for some reason. Frank defended easily, and went for a kimura for the finish. That's probably what you're thinking of.

I might be wrong, but didn't frank mir hit omoplata? Or did he just use it to reverse and turn it into kimura? hmmh, I'm blanking here.

Antoni Hardonk attempted an omoplata on Mir for some reason. Frank defended easily, and went for a kimura for the finish. That's probably what you're thinking of.

I actually mixed that and Pete Williams Mir lock tbh, haven't watched those fights in ages, it was one nasty submission.

Archived