3. Melendez

4. Alvarez

5. Chandler

6. Thomson

7. Khabib

8. Grant

9. R Dos Anjos

10. Diego

2 - 10 are so close it's a hard division to rank, but i think alvarez and chandler are underrated by most due to being outside of the UFC

I'd go...

1. Pettis

2. Bendo

3. Melendez

4. Alvarez

5. Chandler

6. Thomson

7. Khabib

8. Grant

9. Dos Anjos

10. Diego

2 - 10 are so close it's a hard division to rank, but i think alvarez and chandler are underrated by most due to being outside of the UFC

and then you got diaz, cerrone, green, and miller. hard division to rank

743.gif

7. Khabib

8. Grant

9. Dos Anjos

10. Diego

You put these guys in the top 10

but not Diaz and Green......

And how is Bendo #2 LOL

Bendo's number 2 cuz he was the champ of the division and has an amazing record fighting only the best of the best in the last 3 years

Grant and Dos Anjos are there cuz they won their last 5 and Diego just went toe-to-toe with Gil who's 3

Diaz and Green def could make a case to replace some of those guys, but for the reasons I mentioned I felt they deserved the bottom spots in the top 10

7. Khabib

8. Grant

9. Dos Anjos

10. Diego

And how is Bendo #2 LOL

Bendo's number 2 cuz he was the champ of the division and has an amazing record fighting only the best of the best in the last 3 years

Grant and Dos Anjos are there cuz they won their last 5 and Diego just went toe-to-toe with Gil who's 3

Diaz and Green def could make a case to replace some of those guys, but for the reasons I mentioned I felt they deserved the bottom spots in the top 10

what??????

Bendo is 4-5 in the UFC.

lmao at the ****es thinking Bobby green deserves top 10 the dude has 5 losses to nobodies and is 27, hes nothing special.

the top ten is as follows:

Pettis (champ)

Thomson (beat Gilbert but was robbed, beat Bendo but was also robbed)

Gilbert (edged Bendo)

Khabib (potential shows he can beat Bendo with ease)

Bendo

Alvarez

Chandler

Grant

Dos Anjos

Diaz

How is Bendo number 2? I hate how everybody moans about BS decisions but then you're still gona rank him number 2 because the judges messed up.. **** that guy he is 1-4 in his last 5 and boring as **** may I add. Here is the top 10 don't really care in what order you want to put them but should look like something like this:

1 Pettis

2 Gilbert

3 Chandler

4 Alvarez

5 Grant

6 Thompson

7 Diaz

8 Dos Anjos

9 Khabib

10 Cerrone

LW is scary as there are loads of ultra talented guys just outside the top 10.. J LO, Jim Miller, Varner, Guillard, Michael Johnson, Green, Healy, Barboza ect..

Top 5 is all that's needed

Diaz

Alvarez

Penn

Melendez

Cerrone

In that order

Please put the pipe down. How does Canboy Cerrone who has never beat anyone close to top 10 deserve to be in the top 5?

Agreed plus he didnt even put the guy who ktfo Diaz in his top 5. Clownboy is overrated by other Clowns who ride ponies.

lmao at the ****es thinking Bobby green deserves top 10 the dude has 5 losses to nobodies and is 27, hes nothing special.

Pettis (champ)

Gilbert (edged Bendo)

Bendo

Alvarez

Chandler

Grant

Dos Anjos

Diaz

I like this list the most outside of my own

The thing about Bendo is that whether you want to call his close wins a win or not, all his close fights were against the very best, and they were not able to decidedly beat him. Dude finds a way to win, is a recent champ, and has decisive wins over Cerrone (X2), Jim Miller, Guida, Frankie (1st fight), and Diaz

Pettis (champ)

Gilbert (edged Bendo)

Bendo

Alvarez

Chandler

Grant

Dos Anjos

Diaz

my only issue with ur list is how do u put Thomson over Bendo by 3 spots? even if u feel he won that fight, u have to at least say they were roughly equal in their last fight. so if they were equal in their fight and bendo's record was much much better over the last 10 fights, what specific criteria would make thomson 3 notches higher?

the thing about Thomson is that he did do very well vs Bendo and Melendez, but he only has one official top 10 win in the last 5 years (diaz, who was barely top 10 at the time of their fight)

Pettis (champ)

Gilbert (edged Bendo)

Bendo

Alvarez

Chandler

Grant

Dos Anjos

Diaz

maxresdefault.jpg

How is Bendo number 2? I hate how everybody moans about BS decisions but then you're still gona rank him number 2 because the judges messed up.. **** that guy he is 1-4 in his last 5 and boring as **** may I add. Here is the top 10 don't really care in what order you want to put them but should look like something like this:

1 Pettis

2 Gilbert

3 Chandler

4 Alvarez

5 Grant

6 Thompson

7 Diaz

8 Dos Anjos

9 Khabib

10 Cerrone

LW is scary as there are loads of ultra talented guys just outside the top 10.. J LO, Jim Miller, Varner, Guillard, Michael Johnson, Green, Healy, Barboza ect..

By this same respect you can't put Melendez above Thomson seeing Thomson clearly won their last fight.

Bendo number 2?

why are the losers of the split decisions above Bendo? someone help me understand that logic...i really don't see how bendo at number 2 is wrong if he only lost to the number 1 guy and is roughly equal with the top 5 guys in fights, and decidedly beat 5 top 10 guys (at the time of the fight - Miller, Guida, First Edgar fight, Diaz, Cerrone) in the last 5 years

Bendo number 2?

why are the losers of the split decisions above Bendo? someone help me understand that logic...i really don't see how bendo at number 2 is wrong if he only lost to the number 1 guy and is roughly equal with the top 5 guys in fights, and decidedly beat 5 top 10 guys (at the time of the fight - Miller, Guida, First Edgar fight, Diaz, Cerrone) in the last 5 years

Because he's arguably 4-5 in the UFC right now.

Bendo number 2?

Because he's arguably 4-5 in the UFC right now.

that's just retarded..some fights are close..he had 3 close fights against fighters who were all top 3 at the time of their fight. on the flip side, u could say that's proof that he could hang with the best, and no other fighter at LW has fought that level of competition

i didn't see bendo/thomson so i can't comment on that one...it's just annoying how mma fans whine over every decision. if it's a close fight, of course not everyone's going to score it the same.

bottom line 2 - 10 is extremely close and that's why i wrote that comment in my original post. i just feel that since they are so equal you gotta give bendo the better ranking based on the objective criteria of record, caliber of opponent, and him being the last LW champ

Pettis (champ)

Gilbert (edged Bendo)

Bendo

Alvarez

Chandler

Grant

Dos Anjos

Diaz

my only issue with ur list is how do u put Thomson over Bendo by 3 spots? even if u feel he won that fight, u have to at least say they were roughly equal in their last fight. so if they were equal in their fight and bendo's record was much much better over the last 10 fights, what specific criteria would make thomson 3 notches higher?

the thing about Thomson is that he did do very well vs Bendo and Melendez, but he only has one official top 10 win in the last 5 years (diaz, who was barely top 10 at the time of their fight)

Because the thing is Thomson did win agaisnt Bendo even though barely but he did, and if you saw his fight against Melendez the last one in strikeforce he was absolutely robbed in that one which most people tend to forget.

Thomson is for real and right now I think he is the true #1 contender, with Gilbert a close second. Now I put Bendo below Khabib is because I see Khabib ragdolling Bendo even though this is not a fact yet, i've seen enough. Unfortunately for Bendo he's on the decline.

7. Khabib

8. Grant

9. Dos Anjos

10. Diego

And how is Bendo #2 LOL

LOL you have got to be ****tin' me! Diego ranked at lightweight?! AHAHAHAHAHA

He's 3-2 in the lightweight division and two of his three wins are SPLIT decisions.

Slap your damn self... hard!

Diego is a can to rank him over Diaz, Cerrone, Miller and about a dozen other lightweights is beyond retarded. That's taking full retard to a whole new level.

1. Pettis

2. Melendez

3. Thompson

4. Grant

5. Khabib

6. Bendo

7. Diego

8. Diaz

9. Cerrone

10. MJ

Diego at 7? Who did he beat to get this ranking? Joe Stevenson and Clay Guida in 2009? Those are his two wins in the division.

To even mention Diego Sanchez in the top 15 at lightweight means you know absolutely nothing about ranking fighters. You rank someone based off what they have accomplished in that particular division. In Diego Sanchez's case he has accomplished jack **** in the lightweight division. His biggest accomplishment is getting outstruck 150 to 7 against BJ Penn in the most lopsided beating in the history of the division

1. Pettis

2. Melendez

3. Thompson

4. Grant

5. Khabib

6. Bendo

7. Diego

8. Diaz

9. Cerrone

10. MJ

Diego at 7? Who did he beat to get this ranking? Joe Stevenson and Clay Guida in 2009? Those are his two wins in the division.

To even mention Diego Sanchez in the top 15 at lightweight means you know absolutely nothing about ranking fighters. You rank someone based off what they have accomplished in that particular division. In Diego Sanchez's case he has accomplished jack **** in the lightweight division. His biggest accomplishment is getting outstruck 150 to 7 against BJ Penn in the most lopsided beating in the history of the division

Lol what? DieGoat can finish anyone in a 5 round fight at Lw. Not to mention he destroyed gomi, nearly finished Melendez twice and almost stopped elllenberger too.

Oh look at WTG's response when you have him cornered with LOGIC. He can't explain how he ranks Diego the 7th best LW in the world because it's completely retarded so he just flags posts as troll.

I can play that game too you ****stain. Flag me again and I will flag every single post you make.

You mad that Diego destroyed gomi and Gilbert bro?

Archived