Will TrTor Roidfort receive a TrT exemption? No way says NSAC physician.

12еr

Expect Vitor to suffer an "injury" in training camp. Who will step to replace him?

ou may be tired of hearing about TRT, but the topic isn't going anywhere in the MMA world, especially with Vitor Belfort's attempts to use Testosterone Replacement Therapy in his UFC middleweight championship bout with Chris Weidman. Former Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer had said that he doubted Belfort would get a TRT exemption due to having failed a drug test for steroid use in the past in the state.

A NSAC consulting physician is now speaking out and saying Belfort should not -- and probably will not -- get an exemption (via ESPN):

Dr. Timothy Trainor, consulting physician to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, told "Outside the Lines" Tuesday he would advise the five-member commission against granting a therapeutic-use exemption to Belfort or any fighter who previously tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance. Belfort tested positive in 2006 for 4-Hydroxytestosertone, an anabolic steroid, and was suspended nine months and fined $10,000 by the Nevada commission.

"If we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone has used PEDs in the past, they will not get an exemption,'' said Trainor, who is not a voting member of the commission. "No, no way.''

The voting members still make the ultimate call, but it sounds like people in and around the commission are against the idea.

This comes just days after the Association of Ringside Physicians released a statement calling for an end to TRT exemptions in fight sports as a whole.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/1/29/5357122/nsac-physician-on-if-he-believes-vitor-belfort-will-receive-trt-tue

i dont know. overroid doesnt even bother trying to apply for an exemption. he will just juice up anyways reguardless and use the whole "oh i didnt know what my shady doctor, who happens to have a history of being caught handing out steroids to athletes under the table, was injecting into my buttocks after i drove out of state just to get a bunch of muscle relaxers." excuse if he gets caught.

this may be the one and only time i ever root for frank mir in a fight

Doesn't really matter he has been on the juice for all of his training and can cycle off it easily before he makes it to Nevada. Being off the roids the day of the fight doesn't mean anything.

No true. They will test his T in relation to his epiT and if there is an elevation there he is busted like HOrsemeat was for Dos Santos.

Doesn't really matter he has been on the juice for all of his training and can cycle off it easily before he makes it to Nevada. Being off the roids the day of the fight doesn't mean anything.

No true. They will test his T in relation to his epiT and if there is an elevation there he is busted like HOrsemeat was for Dos Santos.

just no.. Tons of athletes get away with using steroids if they cycle it properly.

just no.. Tons of athletes get away with using steroids if they cycle it properly.

And plenty don't. Like Bigfoot.

Vitor will be a very hard challenge to Weidman with or without TRT, mark my words.

Funny how ppl act as if Vitor with TRT will beat everybody but without TRT will beat nobody.

Do I think Weidman is the best MW at the moment ? Yes, im sure he is the best right now but we also gotta remember that he beat Anderson twice in 2 fights in a row. Its not that Weidman beat Anderson once, beat somebody else then Anderson again !

EVERY FIGHTER got a weakness and I think (this is my personal look at Weidman) Weidman wil beat any counter fighter but will have a hard time with agressive guys. Just watch Weidman vs Munoz and the moment that Munoz (who is not even close to Vitor agressiveness) literally chased Weidman and Weidmans ...

Im not here to argue that Weidmans isnt the best .. Im just saying I think STYLE wise, Vitor is a bad matchup for Weidman as Weidman will beat fairly easily Machida and Jacare !

You don't think they are going to hit him with random tests leading up to the fight? They did for Barnatt in his last fight, and he didn't even want a TrT exemption

I see the UFC lawyers stepping in and saying other commissions have allowed it.If a no go the UFC will simply move the fight to another card/venue.I would LMAO if turns out to be Brasil after claims were made he gets no special treatment in Brasil ..lol.

**** that, Weidman should/would tell them to **** themselves. He doesn't have to placate Vitor on his drug abuse.

lol Weidman is on roids himself

He is like twice the size of Anderson and Anderson is well known for being a weight cutting can

He's exactly the same size as Anderson. Same height, same reach, same build. He is two times stronger though Anderson though, which is evidenced by the way he bullied Anderson like a little girl.

You don't think they are going to hit him with random tests leading up to the fight? They did for Barnatt in his last fight, and he didn't even want a TrT exemption

Yeah he'll be ready for that test when they do the press conference promoting the fight. I hope they test him weekly during his camp.

Well if it's true Vitor faced more tests in Brazil then he will in America. I would find this hard to believe if it wasn't for the 9 month Zuffa imposed suspension on Antonio Silva, pretty much ruining the greatest heavy weight fight of all time. Not that it matters tho Vitor won't lose, he has too much CHEEZUS!!!

Well if it's true Vitor faced more tests in Brazil then he will in America. I would find this hard to believe if it wasn't for the 9 month Zuffa imposed suspension on Antonio Silva, pretty much ruining the greatest heavy weight fight of all time. Not that it matters tho Vitor won't lose, he has too much CHEEZUS!!!

Difference is, in Brazil they'll let him have an exemption and then MAYBE test him. In Nevada he won't receive an exemption and then be tested for sure due to his prior drug use.

Difference is, in Brazil they'll let him have an exemption and then MAYBE test him. In Nevada he won't receive an exemption and then be tested for sure due to his prior drug use.

The difference is UFC themselves regulate Brazil just like Australia, they say they test him through out his whole entire camp. Like i said i wouldn't believe this except they popped Silva an ruined that epic fight.

The difference is UFC themselves regulate Brazil just like Australia, they say they test him through out his whole entire camp. Like i said i wouldn't believe this except they popped Silva an ruined that epic fight.

No they don't, Brazil has its own athletic commission. They have for a year now.

And plenty don't. Like Bigfoot.

And Vitor. Don't forget Vitor. That's why he is in this mess after all.

The TUE fighters are going to have a harder and harder time. The science behind all this is not advanced enough to do the things they are trying to do (substitute for the bodies natural hormone production).

If your body does not produce adequate T for you to compete in sports then tough.

They are just getting away with cheating and everyone knows it.

good thing. There has to be an end to this TRT abuse thing I mean come on. Everyone knows for a fact that this is a ****ing scam especially since he's been caught juicing before. Just put an end to it already.

If he's a real fighter he'll still manage to hit the back of Weidman's head anyways.

Vitor will be a very hard challenge to Weidman with or without TRT, mark my words.

Funny how ppl act as if Vitor with TRT will beat everybody but without TRT will beat nobody.

Do I think Weidman is the best MW at the moment ? Yes, im sure he is the best right now but we also gotta remember that he beat Anderson twice in 2 fights in a row. Its not that Weidman beat Anderson once, beat somebody else then Anderson again !

EVERY FIGHTER got a weakness and I think (this is my personal look at Weidman) Weidman wil beat any counter fighter but will have a hard time with agressive guys. Just watch Weidman vs Munoz and the moment that Munoz (who is not even close to Vitor agressiveness) literally chased Weidman and Weidmans ...

Im not here to argue that Weidmans isnt the best .. Im just saying I think STYLE wise, Vitor is a bad matchup for Weidman as Weidman will beat fairly easily Machida and Jacare !

I think people will be blown away with how easily Weidman will dominate Vitor, regardless of how juiced he is. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon btw , just think Weidman will use his wrestling to make this a ground battle and GNP him to death or tire him out and sub him.If Vitor can't bumrush him early, he's done.I really believe Weidman beats the beJesus out of that annoying fool.

I'm all for TRT. . . within legal limits.

More fighters who are using it, don't even win. Vitor wins because he re-invented himself. But hey, one fighter finds success so lets condemn it.

who knows if it's due to TRT.

Maybe TRT doesn't win his fights there's no doubt that vitor is a beast anyways but you can't deny that his body has become more athletic since he's added TRT in the mix, and you can't deny that he's been caught for juicing earlier, which would be a reason why he would need to be on TRT if really he needs it.

@Furious I know that Vitor actually being w/ a real training camp for once in his fighting career can attribute to pushing him harder. Sparring w/ Tyrone Spong, Suga & Henri Hooft plus many others. . .

Vitor has always been somewhat of a nomad & has never settled w/ a REAL training camp. The Blackzilians had a rough start but seems now they have their act together & we're beginning to see it.

Archived