Dana: Brock Wants Back

POTUF

Of course Dana is going to say Brock wants to come back, he can't very well tell a reporter (I can't believe I referred to the TMZ pond scum as a "reporter") that Brock is happier making as much or more money doing staged fighting.

I'm sure there is some truth to it. Brock would be stupid if he didn't stay in contact with the UFC and keep his options open for the future. He's still a multi-million dollar drawing person in UFC or WWE. If nothing else, having a positive professional relationship with two companies that dominate their given industry can allow him to have more leverage when negotiating. I wouldn't expect to see him in the Octagon ever again. His chances to regain the Heavyweight Title are slim, where as he could conceivably be the biggest star and thus biggest earner in WWE. More money, less risk of injuries.

5-3

and..?

I'm NOT imbressed... Brock should fight his way back to the UFC and get some experience in other promotions like everybody else.

We all know that would never happen. If Brock *really* wanted to return, he'd come right back to the UFC. Dana doesn't turn down ca$h.

His first fight would be a gimme against someone with little to no take down defense. He would still be top ten if he came back.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/frank-mir-on-possible-third-fight-with-brock-lesnar-i-d-love-to-013014

Makes sense to me. That is unless of course Mir is cut if he loses to Overeem.

think they would want both guys going into it off a win, would add a bit more hype plus would put Brock onto a two fight win streak should he win and get him a title shot.

Id love to see Brock come back and take that fight against JDS he never got to, then JDS can remind him why he left.

Brock is a nightmare matchup for JDS

He would spear him within the first 10 seconds and then turn his face into pulp

JDS can't handle the Brock Lock or the F5. Blee dat.

Id love to see Brock come back and take that fight against JDS he never got to, then JDS can remind him why he left.

Until a punch lands on brocks face then brocks a big **** ufc used him as a marketing tool he needed to work his way up but ufc gave him to the wolves and destroyed his confidence as a real fighter

The funniest part of it all is that we'll be making these threads (and I'll be dutifully posting in them) forever. Brock hasn't fought in the UFC for over two years now and there's usually a thread about him floating around on the first five pages or so. Here's my take, and keep in mind that I'm a tried-and-true Brock ****:

1. Brock is too old. He could've been a destroyer had he begun MMA after his collegiate wrestling career (imagine Lesnar in 2002 era UFC), but he waited until he was 31 to begin training. That's old. At 36, he's not getting any younger. I think he could be somewhat competitive given a good camp, but the ship has sailed.

2. Brock is not a fighter. The guy is an amazing athlete, especially for his size, but he's just not a fighter. Human beings have a natural "fight or flight" response that oftentimes needs to be overcome in order to be successful in any combative sport. Brock's response is permanently stuck on "flight".

3. Brock was never the same after his initial illness. His first bout very nearly killed him, and his second bout required a subtotal colectomy. The man is still capable of some pretty impressive athletic feats, but he'll never be like he was pre-illness.

Until a punch lands on brocks face then brocks a big **** ufc used him as a marketing tool he needed to work his way up but ufc gave him to the wolves and destroyed his confidence as a real fighter

No carnages is right brock would easily duck under any one of JDS's punches and double leg him probably KOing him in the process

No carnages is right brock would easily duck under any one of JDS's punches and double leg him probably KOing him in the process

Brock's takedown is equivalent to a Rockhold liver kick, Brock would rock JDS with the takedown and the fight would be over

Yeah. If Cain made JDS tap to strikes and he doesnt even hit hard, Brock would make Junior cry

Being a Brock fan....If he comes back he should have to fight the loser of Reem and Mir, or someone lower on the ladder before he gets anyone in the top 8. It is only fair.

I think that's a great idea. Brock needs to beat Mir again for a warm up and then go on to set things right with Overeem.

Brock fan.

That being said. Only 2 fights make sense #1 is obviously Frank Mur!! Lol. MIR.

Even though there should be no talk alot a runner match because Mazagotti is a f'n retard.

But Brock vs Mir 3 Is huge dollars.

#2. I think would be Carwin. Granted he is "retired" but I think this would be a popular fight.

Hell I will throw a 3rd and a 4th.

#3 JDS. Just because it never happened.

#4 Roy Nelson. Just for laughs

Dana White would probably do anything to get Brock back. With GSP gone and Anderson leaving very shortly, he needs that cash cow. Brock brings in tons of fans and money.

There's at least two big fights that he could actually win as he has beaten both guys that could still bring in a lot of money. Carwin right off the bat. He's older then Lesnar and Carwin is pretty deflated now Lesnar would have size on him and I think he could get him down. If Mir wakes up tomorrow night they need to let Frank fight some cans with bad TDD so he can break one of their limbs and you can promote that rubber match.

You also have guys like Schaub he could take down and probably pound out with a couple of hammerfists

Krylov will fight at light heavyweight. Can't believe he isn't already 218 is a middleweight in the UFC.

This is 100% true. He is going to 205. Sat in the bar at the hotel with him after the fox card last weekend. And he said he is Def going to 205. Heavy ' s are too big for him. He said maybe in the future but he is going to 205 for now. Smart move imo

Krylov will fight at light heavyweight. Can't believe he isn't already 218 is a middleweight in the UFC.

This is 100% true. He is going to 205. Sat in the bar at the hotel with him after the fox card last weekend. And he said he is Def going to 205. Heavy ' s are too big for him. He said maybe in the future but he is going to 205 for now. Smart move imo

HWs are way too big for him especially the better ones. He made it to the last round with Soa Palelei but I don't agree with that fight even being sanctioned in the first place. Soa is one of the heavyweights that cuts to make the limit. 21 year old kids that weigh 218 should not be allowed to fight someone that's going to have a 60 pound weight advantage on fight night. That's asking for something bad to happen.

His management for his first fight was terrible.

i disagree, in cain vs jds II, cigano really improved his takedown defense , at least for me,

Cain wrestling > Brock wrestling

Anyway, i really dont understand all this WWE hype, maybe its because its not a popular "tv show" here, personally i dont really like the idea of mixing MMA with TV SHOWS.

i disagree, in cain vs jds II, cigano really improved his takedown defense , at least for me,

Anyway, i really dont understand all this WWE hype, maybe its because its not a popular "tv show" here, personally i dont really like the idea of mixing MMA with TV SHOWS.

Brock was exciting to watch. He was a champion for christ sakes. I know the division was weaker back then but you don't just walk into the octagon and become champ without legit talent.

Put the WWE stuff aside. Brock can fight. His stand up needs work, but a lot of guys have deficiencies that they improved.

Sucks the illness weakened him so bad.

Brock was exciting to watch. He was a champion for christ sakes. I know the division was weaker back then but you don't just walk into the octagon and become champ without legit talent.

Put the WWE stuff aside. Brock can fight. His stand up needs work, but a lot of guys have deficiencies that they improved.

Sucks the illness weakened him so bad.

i dunno man... Ive watched at least 5 brock's fights and i cant see much skills.... he got some wrestling but i think its more "power" than technique.. also his body building is SO SUSPICIOUS. The Cain fight i think was too much for him, he looked exposed and in the final part of the fight he looked very scared or full of pain when Cain was GNP him. I know it is pretty painful getting punched but its was something else and when he faced AO he looked very weak.

Maybe it a matter of styles, personally, i dont like his fighting style.

Archived