Stand-up comedy

KingNothing

I watch a lot of stand-up whenever I can.

Favorites:

Dave Chappelle

Russell Peters

Aziz Ansari

Kevin Hart (not his new stand-up special tho)

Louis CK

Bill Burr

Ralphie May

Demetri Martin

Aziz is a ****ing can. He sucks.

• Like 1

I'm a lifelong fan of stand-up comedy. It's one of the greatest arts. To stand up alone in front of a group of complete strangers, with no props, music, photographs or drawings, and wearing just regular 'ole clothes while speaking in a regular 'ole voice...just telling stories, but somehow evoking one of the most powerful emotional responses...well that's one of the most impressive forms of art I think I know.

While there are a lot of "comedians" who do a very poor job at something very difficult (which I'm not sure if that's even an achievement,) there seems to be a great deal of true comedians who are masters at their craft.

Favorites:

Dave Chappelle

Russell Peters

Aziz Ansari

Louis CK

Bill Burr

Ralphie May

Demetri Martin

He's not for everyone. His stand up is awkward and unique. But, I like it.

Favorites:

Dave Chappelle

Russell Peters

Aziz Ansari

Louis CK

Bill Burr

Ralphie May

Demetri Martin

He's not for everyone. His stand up is awkward and unique. But, I like it.

I feel like he over uses physical comedy to make up for how weak his material it is. It's extremely annoying to me.

Anything but 99% of black comedians.

racist

not really, most of them are hilarious till inevitably they go off on some slagging off white folk, which would be all over the paper if it was the other way around.

shut up honkie

I am shocked and disappointed he's not been mentioned yet; Brian Regan.

For my money, one of the top 5 laugh-out-loud funniest comedians I've ever seen. As an added bonus, he doesn't work blue, so it's laughs and joy for the whole family. Last summer I was in Colorado and got the chance to see him perform at Red Rocks. One of the best performances I've ever seen. And the people there are all huge fans of his obviously, because after the show he came out to talk for a few minutes, and people started shouting out joke requests from his past shows - and then - the entire place seemed to chant along with the jokes like a crowd singing their favorite lyrics. 99% of the time if someone shouts or joins in on the punchlines of jokes it would be ruined, but somehow, on this one night, it was like the whole crowd was in on it.

And remember everyone, the big yellow one's the sun.

P.S. Some other good comedians not mentioned so far; Mitch Hedberg, Katt Williams, and Amy Schumer.

• Like 2

I am shocked and disappointed he's not been mentioned yet; Brian Regan.

For my money, one of the top 5 laugh-out-loud funniest comedians I've ever seen. As an added bonus, he doesn't work blue, so it's laughs and joy for the whole family. Last summer I was in Colorado and got the chance to see him perform at Red Rocks. One of the best performances I've ever seen. And the people there are all huge fans of his obviously, because after the show he came out to talk for a few minutes, and people started shouting out joke requests from his past shows - and then - the entire place seemed to chant along with the jokes like a crowd singing their favorite lyrics. 99% of the time if someone shouts or joins in on the punchlines of jokes it would be ruined, but somehow, on this one night, it was like the whole crowd was in on it.

And remember everyone, the big yellow one's the sun.

P.S. Some other good comedians not mentioned so far; Mitch Hedberg, Katt Williams, and Amy Schumer.

1zvr12e.gif

• Like 2

1zvr12e.gif

I'm not sure if that was done in jest, but there is a lot of subtle truth to the perception that female comedians aren't funny. Unfortunately this is a byproduct of centuries of social programming. If you're interested in learning a few ways in which we're raised to inherently believe women aren't as funny as men I would refer you to an article recently published by Cracked.com. ( http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-were-programmed-to-think-women-arent-funny/ ) Despite being on cracked, it actually has some fairly reputable sources from within the article, and it makes some wonderful points.

And furthermore, Amy Schumer is hilarious. Her show "Inside Amy Schumer" is very witty, and wonderfully executed.

• Like 1

Hedberg was/is pretty funny. He's also got that odd delivery that adds to his jokes. I used to watch a lot of Kat Williams when he was at his peak. But, I've never really got the chance to see much of Amy Schumer other than when she did one of the Comedy Central Roasts. I'll have to check her out.

Tom Green put out his first stand-up specia on Netflixl last year. It wasn't bad for it being his first time. Netflix is pretty sweet for people that like stand-up lol.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Who here likes stand-up? Who are some of your favorites? I love Louis CK, always have and always will. That dude is such an **** but he's sooooo funny.

RedKing? <Josh Barnett? 

Love stand-up. My current favs are Bill Burr, Jim Gaffigan, Russell Peters, Louis CK 

Back in the day...Chapelle Dave Attell, Kat Williams, Patrice O' Neal, Kevin Hart, Chris Rock

Way back in the day Eddie Murphy, Carlin & Pryor

• Like 2

Watching the Beiber roast right now, Kevin Hart has been funny so far.

He had one joke about Beiber not being gangster and listing all the things he does that aren't gangster, and then a line that went something like "Justin sang the word ni***r on a song about killing black people.... alright that is actually gangster."

That one cracked me up, but there are more random celebrities that probably shouldn't be there. It seems like they add more every year. How the **** did Shaq, Ludacris and Martha Stewart end up on this? There's like 4 actual comedians at this thing.

He had one joke about Beiber not being gangster and listing all the things he does that aren't gangster, and then a line that went something like "Justin sang the word ni***r on a song about killing black people.... alright that is actually gangster."

That one cracked me up, but there are more random celebrities that probably shouldn't be there. It seems like they add more every year. How the **** did Shaq, Ludacris and Martha Stewart end up on this? There's like 4 actual comedians at this thing.

I wanna watch that, too, but I work tonight.

Let me know how it is when you're finished watching it.

I wanna watch that, too, but I work tonight.

Let me know how it is when you're finished watching it.

Just Beiber left, my wife and I have been laughing the whole time. I'd recommend it, some pretty ruthless jokes.

I really enjoyed it. It might be the best roast I have seen. Jeff Ross usually steals the show but didn't this one which surprised me.

• Like 1