Serious question all members please give your thoughts

fourthnorseman

Are the refs overly cautious on when to call a stop to a fight?

Are some refs better than others at discerning when the correct time is to stop a fight?

I personally believe most refs are stopping fights a bit too prematurely and wish they would see when a fighter is simply throwing a bunch of strikes in an attempt for a stoppage.

When you throw the same strike fifteen times in 5 seconds for example and it hasn't really done any damage then it should be pretty obvious that the fighter is not in danger! If he looks up to you to stop it YOU MUST NOT BE INFLUENCED!

Let me re-iterate! I'm not a butthurt Faber fan but for the love of God......... LET THEM FIGHT!

Shame Josh Rosenthal got busted for drugs because he was the best ref for letting fights go.

He was the worst. Munoz nearly got murdered and probably has brain damage.

Munoz never complained

Yeah Weidman beat it out of him. The man nearly ate himself to death being so depressed after that fight.

Shame Josh Rosenthal got busted for drugs because he was the best ref for letting fights go.

Munoz never complained

Yeah Weidman beat it out of him. The man nearly ate himself to death being so depressed after that fight.

He wasn't depressed, he was bulking

Did we not get a clear victor from that fight? I rest my case

We STILL would have had he stopped it FIFTHTEEN punches earlier.

Whats your opinion about Dean and refs being influenced by a fighter to stop it? Its bull**** imo

Agreed. Though the fault isn't completely with Herb Dean. The UFC and athletic commission deserves some blame from making such a mismatch and then sanctioning that beating.

What I saw... Barao dominated the fight, he hurt Faber on the feet and then Herb Dean went full retard. Faber wasn't done ''yet''. You have to let em fight in a 5 round title fight until somebody is clearly out or taps, imagine Josh Rosentahl had stopped Lesnar vs Carwin or Silva vs Sonnen too early.

Herb is still the best referee in MMA

you're right let them fight.

But what happens when one of them isn't fighting anymore?

People need to stop with the butthurtness. Faber didn't move. He was completely immobile while covering up and eating shots for several seconds just after being knocked down multiple times. He still had some in the tank. Tough luck. Next time if you still have it then move don't sit there and wait.

Munoz was in it till the end

Faber was already recovering and doing fine when Herb Dean stopped the fight. He was in a good position to recover some more and Herb Dean basically got punked and conned into calling the fight by Barao. This is the first time I have seen a competitor nagged a ref and the ref pusses out and complies.

Archived