Junior dos Santos leaves Team Nogueira to join Nova Uniao

wanderleisilva101

"Since last week, Gypsy is in Rio de Janeiro and so far didn't show up at Team Nogueira.. Instead, Gypsy has trained in Nova Uniao, a rival team. Minotauro is not a bit happy with the attitude of his former pupil and he has called Gypsy 'vain.' He feels betrayed by his friend who vowed never to face him in a MMA fight. Coach Luiz Dorea is playing the role of firefighter and is trying to put out the fire that threatens to consume the relationship between Minotauro and Gypsy. Since last week, he has said Gypsy will make an exchange program between Nova Uniao academies and Team Nogueira. And then go on to more training in the United States. But yesterday, were present at Team Nogueira Erick Silva, Rafael Feijao, Minotauro Nogueira and preparing to face Roy Nelson. Again no Gypsy!"

If it's true looks like JDS thinks he needs a change after his last fight with Cain but he's fell out with his old mentor in the process could be good for him imo or Velasquez might just have his number which would make this a big risk since that camp is like a family.

Thought's on this? Figured I'd play paper boy today

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/4/5378412/ufc-report-junior-dos-santos-leaves-team-nogueira-join-nova-uniao-mma

I saw on Twitter it wasn't true but if it is, JDS will never win an MMA fight again. You can't train for Heavyweights against midgets.

Still better than training with some brazilian cans with no real fighting experience and yes man coaches. The Nogueiras didnt even train with him. Cant be worse than it was.

I saw on Twitter it wasn't true but if it is, JDS will never win an MMA fight again. You can't train for Heavyweights against midgets.

Still better than training with some brazilian cans with no real fighting experience and yes man coaches. The Nogueiras didnt even train with him. Cant be worse than it was.

Lol

Wherever Junior gets the best results, I'll be on board. JDS too strong.

Nog is a MMA legend bro but I agree the gameplan was terrible but maybe they had something different lined up and Junior couldn't implement it I don't know seems a shame if it's true and they part on bad terms. I agree with Pat he needs some top HW's/LHW's to train with aswell as new trainers if he moves that camp is great but I'm not sure it's for the bigger guys right now.

Nog is a MMA legend bro but I agree the gameplan was terrible but maybe they had something different lined up and Junior couldn't implement it I don't know seems a shame if it's true and they part on bad terms. I agree with Pat he needs some top HW's/LHW's to train with aswell as new trainers if he moves that camp is great but I'm not sure it's for the bigger guys right now.

Nog is a legend, but he hasnt really been training with JDS.

I didn't know that you'd think they would be training together all the time since they're both HW's

I didn't know that you'd think they would be training together all the time since they're both HW's

Yes just like Cain and Cormier. Have you seen the guys he trains with? I dont know why he didnt leave that camp sooner.

I'd actually like to see them fight. Rodrigo can box too and they are both a little punch drunk now. Junior definitely has brain damage after the Cain rubber match considering he said Cain still didn't prove he was a better fighter. 48 minute beating over 2 fights has Junior full retard. Cain didn't prove he was the better fighter and now he's going to train with featherweights...

It wont matter where he goes. His second loss to Cain had nothing to do with his camp.

He blamed his first loss on his creatine levels being out of whack. LMAO! After that I knew he was gonna get smashed again. Junior needed/needs to work his wrestling and cardio. Simple as that. Where he does it is irrelevant in my eyes.IMO if he goes to another camp it should be in the US where he can train with the best wrestlers available.

JDS should retire,he's not a MMA fighter,just a VERY poor boxer.He is a MA without the other M.

You're a rretard without the other r.

How's it going anyway homie? We haven't spoke in a while

What's a rretad?

Zaksamee without the other e

Oh I see so @Zaksame is @Zaksam is a rretad.

JDS should retire,he's not a MMA fighter,just a VERY poor boxer.He is a MA without the other M.

You're a rretard without the other r.

How's it going anyway homie? We haven't spoke in a while

What's a rretad?

Zaksamee without the other e

Oh I see so @Zaksame is @Zaksam is a rretad.

Lol exactly now you're getting it also @Zaksame and @Zaksam are the @Zaksame person

He should go to a camp with some top HW's if he makes the move though imo new coaches will help but he needs quality training partners to

Is it that simple? Top heavyweights would rather not train with other top heavyweights because the division is shallow.

Heavyweights can get good sparring with middle and light heavies though as most weigh over 215 with some light heavies around 240.

Sounded like BS to begin with leaving a camp of HW, LHWs and MWs for a camp that is 125-170.

Finally JDS will be in a team with current UFC champions .... maybe he's going to realise that he needs more than boxing skills to be a threat to Cain? If the Nogueira's really want what's best for JDS they should respect his decision and offer some kind of support since JDS still would have more chance of becoming a UFC champion than either one of the Noguieras, IMO

He needs a totally new game plan. Cain just keeps stalling him against the fence and taking him down, so unless he starts dropping elbows on Cain during the wall and stall or gets a flash KO, he's not winning against Cain.

For sure, stalling and spamming take downs definitely T/KO's your opponent.

Cain lands shots but JDS absorbs them well, but the biggest problem is that Cain closes the distance and just uses the clinch to prevent JDS from landing that big shot, it's boring to watch, but it works for Cain. Cain needs to learn to keep the distance and defend better. He just seems to let Cain take shots at him thinking he can take it, he's too slow in my opinion.

i dont understand nogueira's camp working with JDS... where is BJJ in JDS's skill set? JDS should move to the USA and start working his speed and wrestling, also he should use more his kickboxing and muay thai... he is good but i wouldnt buy a 4th cain vs jds fight, at least JDS shows something different.

In my opinion HUNT's KO was more hunto went off gas than JDS proving he was the dominant fighter...

Archived