Coach: Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis 'super fight' should be contested at catchweight

wanderleisilva101

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/5/5382254/coach-jose-aldo-vs-anthony-pettis-super-fight-catchweight-protect-ufc-titles-mma

"(A catchweight) would be interesting for both, they would keep the belts and do the fight everybody wants to see. Nobody wants to take the other's title, we want to see the fight and do a great show for everybody. Aldo would move up a little, Pettis cuts a little, and it's good for everybody... I always say that the next fight is always the toughest. It's going to be just like another fight. I think that Aldo has all the weapons to beat Pettis. I don't see many advantages for Pettis in this match-up."

I'd like to see Aldo move up personally but a catch weight would do both could make it easily and as a fan of both they could go back to there divisions and carry on as champions Aldo has a good streak going at FW so I can see why his camp wants this.

Giving up his title and losing his defence record is a big risk Pettis hasn't defended yet and has everything to gain from this fight. I want Aldo to go to LW as much as anyone but I can sort of see why he hasn't yet he's said he wants to break records and he's already at a good start although winning a title in 2 divisions is probably even better if he could get a streak of title defences going there to.

Typical ducking from Aldo.

I thought it was Pettis who pulled out...

STFU you can. They seemed to have changed their minds pretty quick. Saturday it was sure thing now they want a catch weight. Not sure if Aldo is the one ducking could be his coach......

Sure thing? Aldo never said he agreed to drop his belt you uneducated fool

wtf is this **** wasnt Aldo crying how he wanted an instant titleshot against the LW champ a few months ago? i am disappoint.

Lol did you actually think he'd move up?

He's been saying this **** at least since 2011.

Nah he said this only recently, something how its unfair to give top contenders from a higher weightclass an instant title shot in a weightclass they didnt even fight in and how he wants one as well and is not getting it.

Anyways either every champion is scared to fight the champion in a weightclass above or its the UFC not wanting to make it happen.

wtf is this **** wasnt Aldo crying how he wanted an instant titleshot against the LW champ a few months ago? i am disappoint.

Nah he said this only recently, something how its unfair to give top contenders from a higher weightclass an instant title shot in a weightclass they didnt even fight in and how he wants one as well and is not getting it.

Anyways either every champion is scared to fight the champion in a weightclass above or its the UFC not wanting to make it happen.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8687999/jose-aldo-plans-move-lightweight-frankie-edgar-fight

New GSP

lol he wants to fight Pettis and then move back down

He knows he would get smashed at LW

weight cutting can

Funny thing is that he weighs more than Pettis LOL

He doesn't even deserve a shot at Pettis.

He should fight Kebab and earn his shot.

Aldo would tap to carpet burn takedowns

The only reason this even resembles a super fight is because of Jose. Lets see Pettis defend his belt 8 times clean out the whole division and move up for a super fight. I guarantee you that will never happen.

Pettis doesn't cut 30 pounds to make his division you moron.

STFU n00b why dont you go attach the word can or goat to something. He makes 145 hes a 145 fighter moving up divisions. So i guess Hendricks Wiedman and Jones and a **** ton of other fighters should all be moving up to eh? Pettis has 0 title defenses EVER! He doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Aldo unless Aldo so chooses to include him. If Aldo wants to move up thats his choice, if Pettis wants to fight Aldo well who gives a **** what he wants he hasnt earned the right to pick fights like an established champ can.

Predictable. Aldo fights like a coward and now he ducks the 155 division like a coward. He said he was waiting for the green light from Dana and when he gets it he doesn't want it anymore.

Ugh, what? This is all hearsay from Andre Pederneiras. Aldo's coach, not Aldo himself. Calling Aldo a coward is funny as hell considering it was Pettis that ducked him in the first place.

The only reason this even resembles a super fight is because of Jose. Lets see Pettis defend his belt 8 times clean out the whole division and move up for a super fight. I guarantee you that will never happen.

STFU n00b why dont you go attach the word can or goat to something. He makes 145 hes a 145 fighter moving up divisions. So i guess Hendricks Wiedman and Jones and a **** ton of other fighters should all be moving up to eh? Pettis has 0 title defenses EVER! He doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Aldo unless Aldo so chooses to include him. If Aldo wants to move up thats his choice, if Pettis wants to fight Aldo well who gives a **** what he wants he hasnt earned the right to pick fights like an established champ can.

Jones and Weidman don't complain constantly about a weight cut.

Hendricks does and is already talking about a move up.

Aldo has been saying he will move up since 2011 and still won't do it. If he is so good, he'd fight at Lightweight. Even at Lightweight he'd have a weight advantage over most of the fighters.

Predictable. Aldo fights like a coward and now he ducks the 155 division like a coward. He said he was waiting for the green light from Dana and when he gets it he doesn't want it anymore.

Ugh, what? This is all hearsay from Andre Pederneiras. Aldo's coach, not Aldo himself. Calling Aldo a coward is funny as hell considering it was Pettis that ducked him in the first place.

Pettis got injured, even though he could have beat Aldo with 1 leg the doctors wouldn't have allowed it.

Aldo has been saying he will move up since 2011 and still won't do it. If he is so good, he'd fight at Lightweight. Even at Lightweight he'd have a weight advantage over most of the fighters.

Jones has commented on his weight and that he can't make 205 forever. He said he plans to move to HW eventually.

Weidman's first excuse for struggling against Maia in a standup fight was that he fought on short notice and had to cut a massive amount of weight.

Hendricks should be talking about moving up. He's a ****ing heavyweight.

Aldo has complained about his cut like everyone else. Every single one of these fighters has said they would move up and failed to do so. How is Aldo suddenly a coward for doing something that every single one of these fighters you listed has done as well?

Aldo doesn't constantly complain about weight cuts he had a terrible one that seems to be equated with every single cut since, He has never ever once stated he will move up he's suggested it (in the future) said he would entertain it but the closest he's ever come to cementing it was last presser. There is no way he will be considered a "big" lightweight with the glieson tibua's and bendo's. If weight cutting gives you so much more ufc (mma skills for n00bs) why isnt the biggest guy in every division the champ? Lastly Aldo will move to 155 with the diaz mantra **** you pay me!

Aldo doesn't constantly complain about weight cuts he had a terrible one that seems to be equated with every single cut since, He has never ever once stated he will move up he's suggested it (in the future) said he would entertain it but the closest he's ever come to cementing it was last presser. There is no way he will be considered a "big" lightweight with the glieson tibua's and bendo's. If weight cutting gives you so much more ufc (mma skills for n00bs) why isnt the biggest guy in every division the champ? Lastly Aldo will move to 155 with the diaz mantra **** you pay me!

Aldo called out Pettis and agreed to fight him at 155. Four days later he is already finding excuses for the UFC to not make the fight. Fact.

Aldo called out Pettis and agreed to fight him at 155. Four days later he is already finding excuses for the UFC to not make the fight. Fact.

It's just his coach so far could be he/they want him to take the fight go back down then defend the FW title a few more times before he moves up.

He wanted an immediate title shot at 155 for fighting Pettis at 145.

He wanted an immediate title shot at 155 for fighting Pettis at 145.

I want a title shot at 155 for beating Pettis at 145 who is the champ at 155

Typical Brazilian Logic....

Archived