Rousey vs. Cyborg

mmaDAWGS

I'd pick Rousey. Cyborg's striking is lightyears beyond Rousey's, but her ground game isn't good enough to avoid the clinch and subsequent throw. I see Cyborg getting subbed. Why? Gina Carano mounted Cyborg, and Shayna Baszler controlled her for a brief period with grappling. Neither of those girls were close to Rousey's level on the ground. Cyborg wouldn't be either.

I was sure that Rousey would take this fight, but after that Tate fight I don't know anymore. Yeah she ate Tate's punches and kept coming, but she got hit a lot. If that was Cyroid I have to believe that she wouldn't have fared so well.

But then again maybe Cyboy's TDD isn't as good as Meisha's so they would have never been in that position in the first place.

I don't know anymore, its a toss up.

I would say this is a old question of stand up vs ground game. If the fight stays standing, Cyborg KOs her. If the fight goes to the ground, RR via armbar. The question in these type of scenarios is how good at the ground fighter and being able to get their opponent to the ground - and considering Rousey was an Olympic judo medalist, I'm going to go ahead and say she's perfectly capable of taking Cyborg to the floor.

Only way this fight ends for Justino is if Rousey fights stupid to make the fight more "entertaining" or if Cyborg has REALLY upped her TDD and perhaps more importantly, worked on counter strikes. She's an attacker, but if she goes in hard, it's too likely for her end up on her backside at the hands of Rousey.

Everybody still obsessed with Cyborg hasn't been watching much of her fighting since StrikeForce. She isn't the dominant fighter everyone believes her to be. She just went four rounds with Marloes Coenen, and Meisha Tate went four rounds with Marloes before beating her also.

Rousey by 2nd round armbar. It wouldn't even be close.

• 2 weeks later...

What would happen if we were ever blessed with a matchup like this?

164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

not gunna lie, this gif made me laugh. Though I don't know why what I said was funny.

look at the bolded text bro

164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

I see it... so you would rather see men fight than women or rousey continuing to fight tate and carmouche? I'd say the cyborg fight would be a blessing. You may not agree but most would.

Everybody still obsessed with Cyborg hasn't been watching much of her fighting since StrikeForce. She isn't the dominant fighter everyone believes her to be. She just went four rounds with Marloes Coenen, and Meisha Tate went four rounds with Marloes before beating her also.

Rousey by 2nd round armbar. It wouldn't even be close.

Dude did you even watch the Cyborg/Coenen fight?

Coenen literally got an **** whipping' for 4 straight ****ing rds! It was like Cain/JDS pt 2 & 3

My hats off to Coenen tho for taking a beating that long. . .

crap call but Rousey's striking is improved.

I agree that it was a crap stoppage and also agree that Rousey's striking has improved but it still needs a lot of work and she's lacking head movement and understanding proper angles to set up her striking / where her chin is supposed to be.

Did you see her forehead at the end of that fight? At least she showed that she can take a decent shot. But Cyborg punches the chin, not the forehead.

• 4 weeks later...

Either Guyborg crushes her in the first or second or Rousey takes her arm in the first or second.

The one thing i don't like for Ronda in this fight is the tie-ups she normally uses ( underhook collar tie-up, two on one outside ) to work her Judo magic might get her in a lot of trouble with Guyborg that and the way she closes distance by bum rushing in behind the jab with her chin in the air. She cannot strike with Guyborg at a distance or at mid range or in close that's for certain no matter how far her striking has come she will get destroyed if she doesn't get it to the mat quick and control Cyborg immediately.

Archived