UFC 170: ROUSEY VS MCMANN

BeLikeWater

In Herb Dean's defense, he used to compete, so watching someone take unnecessary punishment can have a more cringing effect. The only thing worse than an early stoppage is a late stoppage, and I imagine for someone who has taken fights, he doesn't want to find himself involved in too many of those. For that, we should applaud him.

Everyone is still rattled.

He'll do fine.

Herb is the best ref right now, imo. He made a rare mistake. It's not like he's Mazzagati and ****s up every time.

That's just my take that's just my advise. You do whatever the **** you wanna do!

Everyone is still rattled.

He'll do fine.

Herb is the best ref right now, imo. He made a rare mistake. It's not like he's Mazzagati and ****s up every time.

That's just my take that's just my advise. You do whatever the **** you wanna do!

lol you have a serious HodgeTwin addiction

I've seen little discussion about this card on the forum. Is anyone excited about this card? I am!! It might be because I'm a huge Ronda Rousey fan but this match up is intriguing! There has been alot of changes to the card due to injuries, etc but all in all I think it still looks pretty good. Aside from 172, this is one of the best cards of the first quarter I think. What fights on this card and upcoming cards (171, 172, etc) are you guys looking forward to and why?

This card is actually awful in my mind. I could care less about the main and co-mains(co-main will probably be DC wall and stalling). I'm a MacDonald fan and I expect him to destroy Maia but it could be a snoozefest if Maia lays on him. Whittaker vs Thompson will be a great fight. Only other guys I care about on the card are Sterling and Koch. All in all, on paper, 5/10 card :/

This card is actually awful in my mind. I could care less about the main and co-mains(co-main will probably be DC wall and stalling). I'm a MacDonald fan and I expect him to destroy Maia but it couldbe a snoozefest if Maia lays on him. Whittaker vs Thompson will be a great fight. Only other guys I care about on the card are Sterling and Koch. All in all, on paper, 5/10 card :/

lol if anyone is going to make that fight a "snoozefest" it is going to be Macdonald

can anyone remind me who mcmann is again and who she has beat?

It's not about who she beat. Its about who she's gonna beat.

Should be a competitive fight.

Agreed.

This will be Honda's biggest challenge yet. She could possibly get outgrappled and out McManned.

It's an intriguing fight.

• 2 weeks later...

... plan and simple !!

Rory/Maia: that was one of the most predictable fights I have ever seen. Maia never fooled me on how one dimensional he is.

DC/PAT: A total joke. It wasnt DCs fault UFC replaced RASHAD EVANS (thats right a former LHW champion) with a guy who was working in a coffee shop like 3 weeks ago ! DC did his job, he looked good but unfortunately DC fans can not take that fight as a "test" for DC at 205.

Ronda/Sarah: Its almost as if this fight didnt even happen ...

... plan and simple !!

Rory/Maia: that was one of the most predictable fights I have ever seen. Maia never fooled me on how one dimensional he is.

DC/PAT: A total joke. It wasnt DCs fault UFC replaced RASHAD EVANS (thats right a former LHW champion) with a guy who was working in a coffee shop like 3 weeks ago ! DC did his job, he looked good but unfortunately DC fans can not take that fight as a "test" for DC at 205.

Ronda/Sarah: Its almost as if this fight didnt even happen ...

I couldn't agree more, but I got 10/11 picks right in the fantasy picks yesterday.....only cause they were easy picks

I actually thought it was a pretty entertaining card all the way from the bottom. The decisions were even good. Haven't seen an uproar thread on the Davis vs Eye fight, Thompson looked incredible, and Macdonald with a game plan and killer instinct was awesome. The Cormier vs Cummins fight was good in the way that you have a freak show fight. Dark horse fight was Sterling vs Gibson. I'm glad I watched.

Funny thing about Damian is he also looked done versus Silva but actually came on strong in rounds 4 and 5.It takes a lot of energy shooting and trying to catch your opponent but it also takes energy avoiding and sprawling and imo Rory was starting to look tired as well,good thing was only a 3 rounder.

To me it shows some really poor coaching/training camps,cardio should be number 1 before anything else,if the engine has no fuel it can't work and neither does the brain.

Maia looked horrible. His constant shooting for TD's in such a lazy way got to be pretty sad and pathetic. I mean Rory did light him up, but Maia really did show how 1D he is.

It was a pretty terrible card, defiantly not worthy of PPV.

Maia was gassed after the first round and Rory wasn't ****ing around in there. He came to win and you could see it on his face.

It was an exciting fight, imo. I was there live and the crowd was really into it from start to finish.

Maia looked horrible. His constant shooting for TD's in such a lazy way got to be pretty sad and pathetic. I mean Rory did light him up, but Maia really did show how 1D he is.

It was a pretty terrible card, defiantly not worthy of PPV.

Maia was gassed after the first round and Rory wasn't ****ing around in there. He came to win and you could see it on his face.

It was an exciting fight, imo. I was there live and the crowd was really into it from start to finish.

Yeah I remember you posting earlier about getting screwed with last min changes to the card.

IMO if you buy tickets to a UFC event and the main or co main gets dropped or changed, you should have the option to get your money back.

It was a sick fight though! I love seeing a fighter come back from adversity to dominate like Rory did.

Glad to hear it was a good atmosphere. Hope you has a good time all together man.

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest. Seeing "Wonderboy" Thompson KO Whittaker was nice, and Mike Pyle put on a heck of a performance. I was surprised by how dominant Maia was in the first round but something happened in the second that completely deflated him. I like Maia a lot, but he's still a grappling-dominant fighter and at his age likely won't be improving the other aspects of the game to any great extent. Cormier versus Cummings was exactly as expected, but the Ronda vs McMann fight was a disappointment especially with the early stoppage.

Funny thing about Damian is he also looked done versus Silva but actually came on strong in rounds 4 and 5.It takes a lot of energy shooting and trying to catch your opponent but it also takes energy avoiding and sprawling and imo Rory was starting to look tired as well,good thing was only a 3 rounder.

To me it shows some really poor coaching/training camps,cardio should be number 1 before anything else,if the engine has no fuel it can't work and neither does the brain.

In all honesty, I think Rory caught him few times, and he didn't as much gas as let's say he was rocked to living hell, and stayed that way for very long time. Those body shots didn't help...He had good cardio against Fitch, which required more work than this.

Didn't think it was to bad a card.

The DC fight was a bit of a whoopin lol but I think Cummins new he was coming in for a paycheck and a beatdown the Rousey fight was also stopped to early still think rousey would have won but that was the only thing that I thought the main event was stopped to early.

This is what I've gathered thus far: You bought a payperview event for a bajillion dollars that was headlined by women's MMA with the competitors having a total of like 15 fights between them. The co-main had a 10 to one favorite against a barista. Rory aka GSP Jr, the Pyle vs the Turdburglar...

I've come to the conclusion that you're either rich and/or need better things to do with your money. You can just mail me a hundo next time.

Archived