Weidman vs Belfort Card - Promoted as a brazil vs usa card?

MIRKO_CRO_GOD

I just saw the thread of the shoot they did from belfort/weidman with their respective flags..

do you think they should base the whole event on that scheme ? They already have silva/sonnen on it so it would kinda make sense atleast to make the other 3 main card fights usa/brazil matchups..

discuss.

IMO it would make sense especially since the already have a title fight and a big rivalry on it..now they just have to stack it up with some other good high quality matchups and that will make for many buys since i believe people are interested in seeing kinda which country is the best..

If they didn't do it with UFC 117 (Silva/Sonnen, JDS/Roy, Alves/Fitch, etc) they won't do it with this card imo. They made another unofficial USA/Brazil card more recently as well and didn't market it that way and I'm glad. Too gimmicky and everybody can read between the lines anyways.

It's a Brazilian event, it's going to feature a guy from Brazil in most (if not all) matches anyway. And you have to have someone across the ring, and there are a lot of American fighters. It's natural to end up with that kind of understated theme. No need to make an overt alienating promotional decision like that.

It's a Brazilian event, it's going to feature a guy from Brazil in most (if not all) matches anyway. And you have to have someone across the ring, and there are a lot of American fighters. It's natural to end up with that kind of understated theme. No need to make an overt alienating promotional decision like that.

Brazilian event? It will be in LV

Brazilian event? It will be in LV

Wow, I don't know why I had assumed this was an event in Brazil. I suppose I should go try and clean some of this egg off my face.

Perhaps I had mixed up it's location due to Chael and Wandy being TUF:Brazil coaches. My mistake.

They did a USA vs. Canada event years ago (featured the first Penn/GSP fight if I remember correctly, plus Franklin defending the Middleweight title), and Dana talked about how much he didn't like the country vs. country theme for the PPV, so I doubt you'll see another event promoted that way.

Archived