Sign in to follow this  
BeLikeWater

TUF Nations Australian Tyler Manawaroa Posts Racist Meme

Somebody on TUF Nations dropped dime on Tyler after seeing a racist image that "Wild Thing" posted to his Instagram 18 months ago. The meme depicted a black child in a grocery basket and included a comment about prison as well as a racial epitaph and some pretty harsh hashtags.

Former UFC middleweight David Loiseau offered to teach Manawaroa a lesson inside the cage #elbowstotheface

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/9/5395484/tyler-manawaroa-racist-instagram-photo-rocks-tuf-nations-cast-jeopardizes-ufc-future-mma

EDIT: And here's Tyler's apology/response http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/9/5396574/ufc-tuf-tyler-manawaroa-apologizes-controversial-photo-instagram-denies-racist-intent-mma?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

that meme is funny. the UFC can eat a fat **** if they are avoiding him just for that... I hope he wins the whole damn thing now.

kinda messed up, yeah its wrong the dude was only 17 tho. How many people have said rude and ****ed up things when they were 17?

but its cool for a Champion to set great examples like Drinking and Crashing his car

kinda messed up, yeah its wrong the dude was only 17 tho. How many people have said rude and ****ed up things when they were 17?

but its cool for a Champion to set great examples like Drinking and Crashing his car

everyone does dumb **** at age 17... my buddy and I were driving around and we saw a older lady walkin down the street who didn't look like she was having a good day so rolled the window down and hung half way out screaming "**** you" while flipping her... her day instantly got worse... this of course is simply 1 dumb mistake out of many... eat a fat **** it's not like he committed a race crime. it's his personal preference to dislike black people any way...

everyone does dumb **** at age 17... my buddy and I were driving around and we saw a older lady walkin down the street who didn't look like she was having a good day so rolled the window down and hung half way out screaming "**** you" while flipping her... her day instantly got worse... this of course is simply 1 dumb mistake out of many... eat a fat **** it's not like he committed a race crime. it's his personal preference to dislike black people any way...

I have a similar story, my friend and I were driving down the road and we seen a kid probably 16/17 walking down the street holding a fountain soda( ya know in one of those foam cups) and my friend stuck his head out the window and just yelled "AHHHH" and the kid got scared and dropped his soda and it exploded...good times

it was discriminatory towards a kid and fans forwarded the image to dana white and the ufc, ufc had no choice to release him cant build a champion in there eyes with that bad publicity that guy now has

if they wpuld address it and have him apologies since he was only 17 at the time I think it would have faded rather quickly. but **** that Kajan dude for telling hes a ****ing **** anyway

it was discriminatory towards a kid and fans forwarded the image to dana white and the ufc, ufc had no choice to release him cant build a champion in there eyes with that bad publicity that guy now has

if they wpuld address it and have him apologies since he was only 17 at the time I think it would have faded rather quickly. but **** that Kajan dude for telling hes a ****ing **** anyway

yeah no joke the guy can eat a fat ****

yeah no joke the guy can eat a fat ****

pretty sure he eats fat ****s on the reg

Damn shame...like who hasnt done dumb sht when they were 17,but in this day and age with the UFC having so much choice now...I can see how they wouldnt want to touch this...he seems like a nice guy and the way he fought and holds himself at 19 i think shows great maturity...but,and a big but...that photo is extremely insulting.

The UFC have embarrassed themselves, Tyler has the most potential on the show clearly. They didn't cut Rashad after that rape joke, Cummins is a crim, Jones had his DUI, the list goes on.

It was a grossly disproportionate reaction to a two-year-old errant twitter post. The hyper-vigilance against perceived racism has gone overboard in many respects, and people feel justified in attacking anyone who has done something stupid like Tyler did. The whole thing is rather ridiculous.

It was a grossly disproportionate reaction to a two-year-old errant twitter post. The hyper-vigilance against perceived racism has gone overboard in many respects, and people feel justified in attacking anyone who has done something stupid like Tyler did. The whole thing is rather ridiculous.

definitely, plus that is teenage humour too, especially if you're fairly black (Tyler is Maori which a lot of people here consider as black) you always make jokes about that, Australians are known for being pretty self depricating with humour and also our humour is often perceived as a bit too far by other countries a lot.

I think there was a lot of misunderstanding about the intent and time of the photo, the UFC would be really losing a huge prospect if they didn't sign him. He beat Taleb who's a pretty big win for a 19 year old and he gassed pretty early (Tyler) and isn't really disciplined yet, in a few years time when he matures and focuses better he's gonna be a beast