Becoming SobercorrupTRT

sobercuban

Got my lab results back today - T level was 131 (wayy low) !

Inb4headkickKOs

Update:

3 months in on 200mg every 2 weeks Testosterone Cypionate

Number of headkick KO's = 0

Delayed updated (happened July 3rd):

5 months on 200mg every 2 weeks:

Total T was 1000 something

Free T was in the ****ing 300s!

Did you grow breastises?

Kinda - just because I blew up 30 pounds

To answer TUFs question the "normal" range is like 1100-250 - 131 is stupid low - follow up is on Friday, hopefully I'll get my first injection then.

I haven't felt right in nearly a year - unbelievable fatigue, can't concentrate - don't even feel like fapping lol.

Hopefully they'll try to pump me up to the 500-700 range and I'll hit the gym like a mother ****er.

They also said my liver enzymes were high. Been drinking about 4-5 beers or equivalent a night so I'm pretty sure that's why. I'll probably just tell them I went hard Super Bowl Sunday (my appointment was the day after)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Nearing the six month mark.

Last blood test had me at 1093 (9 days after the shot !) and evidently my free-T was kinda high (don't remember the #).  My doctor wanted me to quit cold turkey to see if my levels would "maintain".  After seeing the results of Vitor's tests taken weeks apart after he stopped I knew I was in for trouble.

So instead of quitting I just go to the little urgent care place up the road with my prescription and they do it (for free).  I scheduled a 2nd opinion with an Endocrinologist for 8/13 because I really doubt my doctor's methods. 

When I went for the follow up that I had in July she asked me how it was going.  So I told her the good and the bad.

The good:

- Better Energy

- Better Mood

- More motivation to work out and improve my general health

The bad:

- TRT absolutely shrinks your balls.  Maybe I've been lucky because it's only probably 25% .. But I can tell.

- Sensitive nips.  Now this has stopped in the past 2 months or so but still. 

- My bull**** meter is broken.  Not 'roid rage' but I definitely have a lot lower tolerance for dumb

- Less creativity? Or imagination? Or something .. I don't know how to describe it. 

Anyway .. when I told her most of what I just listed I saved the shrinking balls thing for last.  I mean, it's troubling.  But, maybe because she's a woman or she just doesn't see why I care or whatever, her response was "Well I'm glad that's working for you"

Yeah okay so it's working ... BUT WHAT ABOUT MY NUTS ****!!!!!!!!!!

When the nurse called me a few days later and told me the whole "cold turkey" plan I was done.

Hopefully I'll have a better experience with the endocrinologist.  I don't really want to do this forever because I really feel like the reason my T dropped low in the first place is because of another medication I take that is going to be a nightmare to get off.  And until I'm off it I don't believe I will rebound on my own. 

Physical changes (Besides nips and nits):

- Dropped from 196lbs down to 177lbs - Probably more as a results of diet and exercise.

- Somewhat better muscle tone - Also probably a result of diet and exercise

- Body-mother-****ing-hair ... I'm going to look like Matt Brown any day now ...

Hi Victor40 or should i call you Vitor. 

http://peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=392.0

lol the 131 thing? weird (actually there's a lot of weird **** in that post that I'll keep to myself)

He's on androgel tho - I'm on testosterone cypionate - 200mg 1x 2 weeks

AND I definitely have not cut out alcohol

wait ... and wtf? That link is 2 years old and has nothing to do with Zuffa

Went to the Endocrinologist today.  Told him what was going on and that basically I thought my doctor had no idea what she was doing.  He agreed. 

My doc threw me on 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks.  No patient education.  No nothing.  Had two follow ups where I jumped into the 400 range and then up over 1000 (I don't remember the exact # but it was at least 1000 and less that 1100).

When I was in the 1000 range I really felt like it was doing more for me than just better energy level and mood.  Got a call from the nurse shortly after I received the results and she said (I had to ask) "Well she thinks your total T is a little high and your free T is over 300" so I'm thinking OK, 1000 is cool, it's not 1500 or 2000 so I'm probably not nearing a bad side-effect profile but I don't know what it means when your free T is that high. 

She goes on to say "So she wants you to stop taking it for a while and see if you 'maintain'".

Red flags go off in my head.  Hours of reading forums of people on the **** and MMA articles where the sharp decline in Vitor's levels are documented are telling me that's a horrible idea.  To top it off I've always felt that being on suboxone is what's causing this.  I'm still on it so how the hell am I going to "maintain".  (This anxiety sharpened after seeing Vitor withering away, I mean, I'm carved from granite but I don't care to lose the modest gains I've made over an uninformed doctor's decision).  So I make the appointment for the endocrinologist.

From the outset I felt 1000x better about the care I was going to be receiving.  I hate to say it but in this case I was glad the doctor was a man.  He sat an talked with me.  Took detailed notes about my history, symptoms and progress so far.  He asked very specific questions about all of the side effects I mentioned and actually listened to what I had to say about Suboxone.  He admitted he didn't know as much about it as he'd like but said that opiates interfere with the hypothalamus' action in testosterone production and that Suboxone was the likely culprit if I had never had symptoms before.  This was a relief as my PCP just basically dismissed anything I said about it despite telling her that the Suboxone doctor I go to monthly SPECIFICALLY told me to go get my T checked as he'd had patients who experienced the same problem. 

He asked me if I wanted to have kids.  I said "not in the next 5 years" to which he said "I'm going to treat that as a yes.  I approach anyone that as undecided as a yes because I don't want to take the option away or make it difficult when the time comes".  He went on to explain how opiates disrupt testosterone production and how TRT acts to correct it.  He then went on to explain how it basically takes your testicles out of the equation so they shut down, they aren't needed.  He drew a picture and talked about FSH and LH (I had never heard of either in all my reading).  Sitting there listening to a guy that obviously had a brilliant understanding of what he does for a living and an actual passion for it made me remember why I hadn't dealt with a primary care doctor in so long for anything remotely serious ...

Not knowing what to expect (and kinda thinking I was going to walk out with a bag of wonder drugs I had never heard of) he laid out the plan.  TRT is going bye bye.  I have to be off for a month so he can do blood work and get a good FSH and LH reading on me and then he's going to start me on Clomid.  I immediately start thinking that's what Chael got popped with after TRT was banned and how ridiculous it was that this is something that I'm going through.  Basically he said it makes your body think that you have no Testosterone so it just starts pumping.  Balls come back.  Everybody is happy.  The only thing that sucks is I have to go what's going to be almost 6 weeks with no injection.  Cold turkey with a body that has shut down it's natural production.  I asked him what to expect over the next month.  He said you will feel as bad as you did before you started and probably a little worse.  I could appreciate him not sugar coating it for me.  He said not to worry because he'll be working on the plan for me and if I can work my way off the suboxone he can get me off everything and I can go on with my life. 

As awesome as it would be to be super jacked up day in and day out there aren't any super powers that come with it.

He did tell me a couple of stories that were crazy and awesome at the same time.  He was talking about older patients that are past the age guys would typically be looking to have kids.  He said that if he's treating someone and they want to jack their level up to 1500 or 2000 he's basically okay with it.  He said the only thing that concerns him is higher T levels can overstimulate the bone marrow to produce too much red blood cells.  He tells those guys basically to donate blood frequently and it'll take care of it.  Though he did mention that some blood banks were getting picky over letting them donate.  That he would typically suggest they bring their levels down a little as the alternative would be for them to basically bleed off the extra blood at home.  At that point I thought he was kidding but he definitely wasn't. 

So basically the clock is ticking and I'm in for a couple of weeks of hell probably starting sometime in the next 10 days.  I have vacation time to kill but don't want to waste it sitting around at home watching chick flicks.

The two tiny circles in the pic below are supposed to represent my nuts (drawn to scale):

381040BE-8CC4-4FCC-8728-C2157553A7C6_zps

Went to the Endocrinologist today.  Told him what was going on and that basically I thought my doctor had no idea what she was doing.  He agreed. 

My doc threw me on 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks.  No patient education.  No nothing.  Had two follow ups where I jumped into the 400 range and then up over 1000 (I don't remember the exact # but it was at least 1000 and less that 1100).

When I was in the 1000 range I really felt like it was doing more for me than just better energy level and mood.  Got a call from the nurse shortly after I received the results and she said (I had to ask) "Well she thinks your total T is a little high and your free T is over 300" so I'm thinking OK, 1000 is cool, it's not 1500 or 2000 so I'm probably not nearing a bad side-effect profile but I don't know what it means when your free T is that high. 

She goes on to say "So she wants you to stop taking it for a while and see if you 'maintain'".

Red flags go off in my head.  Hours of reading forums of people on the **** and MMA articles where the sharp decline in Vitor's levels are documented are telling me that's a horrible idea.  To top it off I've always felt that being on suboxone is what's causing this.  I'm still on it so how the hell am I going to "maintain".  (This anxiety sharpened after seeing Vitor withering away, I mean, I'm carved from granite but I don't care to lose the modest gains I've made over an uninformed doctor's decision).  So I make the appointment for the endocrinologist.

From the outset I felt 1000x better about the care I was going to be receiving.  I hate to say it but in this case I was glad the doctor was a man.  He sat an talked with me.  Took detailed notes about my history, symptoms and progress so far.  He asked very specific questions about all of the side effects I mentioned and actually listened to what I had to say about Suboxone.  He admitted he didn't know as much about it as he'd like but said that opiates interfere with the hypothalamus' action in testosterone production and that Suboxone was the likely culprit if I had never had symptoms before.  This was a relief as my PCP just basically dismissed anything I said about it despite telling her that the Suboxone doctor I go to monthly SPECIFICALLY told me to go get my T checked as he'd had patients who experienced the same problem. 

He asked me if I wanted to have kids.  I said "not in the next 5 years" to which he said "I'm going to treat that as a yes.  I approach anyone that as undecided as a yes because I don't want to take the option away or make it difficult when the time comes".  He went on to explain how opiates disrupt testosterone production and how TRT acts to correct it.  He then went on to explain how it basically takes your testicles out of the equation so they shut down, they aren't needed.  He drew a picture and talked about FSH and LH (I had never heard of either in all my reading).  Sitting there listening to a guy that obviously had a brilliant understanding of what he does for a living and an actual passion for it made me remember why I hadn't dealt with a primary care doctor in so long for anything remotely serious ...

Not knowing what to expect (and kinda thinking I was going to walk out with a bag of wonder drugs I had never heard of) he laid out the plan.  TRT is going bye bye.  I have to be off for a month so he can do blood work and get a good FSH and LH reading on me and then he's going to start me on Clomid.  I immediately start thinking that's what Chael got popped with after TRT was banned and how ridiculous it was that this is something that I'm going through.  Basically he said it makes your body think that you have no Testosterone so it just starts pumping.  Balls come back.  Everybody is happy.  The only thing that sucks is I have to go what's going to be almost 6 weeks with no injection.  Cold turkey with a body that has shut down it's natural production.  I asked him what to expect over the next month.  He said you will feel as bad as you did before you started and probably a little worse.  I could appreciate him not sugar coating it for me.  He said not to worry because he'll be working on the plan for me and if I can work my way off the suboxone he can get me off everything and I can go on with my life. 

As awesome as it would be to be super jacked up day in and day out there aren't any super powers that come with it.

He did tell me a couple of stories that were crazy and awesome at the same time.  He was talking about older patients that are past the age guys would typically be looking to have kids.  He said that if he's treating someone and they want to jack their level up to 1500 or 2000 he's basically okay with it.  He said the only thing that concerns him is higher T levels can overstimulate the bone marrow to produce too much red blood cells.  He tells those guys basically to donate blood frequently and it'll take care of it.  Though he did mention that some blood banks were getting picky over letting them donate.  That he would typically suggest they bring their levels down a little as the alternative would be for them to basically bleed off the extra blood at home.  At that point I thought he was kidding but he definitely wasn't. 

So basically the clock is ticking and I'm in for a couple of weeks of hell probably starting sometime in the next 10 days.  I have vacation time to kill but don't want to waste it sitting around at home watching chick flicks.

The two tiny circles in the pic below are supposed to represent my nuts (drawn to scale):

damn homie wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. All those options seem a bit extreme, like getting your blood drawn periodically to balance it out, i would think their's a far less invasive alternative than getting poked with needles every couple weeks. speedy recovery homes 

DER;N

Once you have a prescription you can forget about the doctor and keep getting your "medicine" online forever.

Yeah I need to look in to Clomid prices .. from what I understand most insurances don't cover it because it's an off-label use.  I don't know what I'm going to do with the nearly 40 week supply of testosterone cypionate I have

You got this condition because you called him Fail Gonad, now you have to go off of it for a month as a punishment for that AV. Stop disrespecting Uncle Chael and you will be fine.

You got this condition because you called him Fail Gonad, now you have to go off of it for a month as a punishment for that AV. Stop disrespecting Uncle Chael and you will be fine.

I'm just sad that gif avatars haven't worked in the last two forum versions

I wanted to get ballsey and ask for HcG and HGH just to see what he said lol.  He seemed really liberal-minded towards treatment options for people that actually had something going on

• 4 weeks later...

Last shot was probably 5 weeks ago.

Did okay until probably the last week.

I have no energy.  At all.  Last weekend I slept 14.5 hours Friday night and 13 hours Saturday night.  I've been getting 8 hrs a night all week but each day when I wake up I'm more exhausted than the day before. 

A fog has settled in mentally.  I can barely concentrate and complex tasks seem overwhelming.  I felt like I could collapse at any second at work today.

I've had vacation planned starting next week for a while now but today I had to talk to my boss and just reassure myself that I could still go.  Work feels like it's piling up and I can't even begin to sort through it.  There's a slight feeling of un-reality to everything.  

Endo appointment is Monday at 8:15.  Blood work.  I don't know if they'll drop a prescription on me the same day.  I sure ****ing hope they do.  If they don't I almost don't even want to take my vacation time now because I feel like it'll be wasted on me not being able to enjoy it. 

Last shot was probably 5 weeks ago.

Did okay until probably the last week.

I have no energy.  At all.  Last weekend I slept 14.5 hours Friday night and 13 hours Saturday night.  I've been getting 8 hrs a night all week but each day when I wake up I'm more exhausted than the day before. 

A fog has settled in mentally.  I can barely concentrate and complex tasks seem overwhelming.  I felt like I could collapse at any second at work today.

I've had vacation planned starting next week for a while now but today I had to talk to my boss and just reassure myself that I could still go.  Work feels like it's piling up and I can't even begin to sort through it.  There's a slight feeling of un-reality to everything.  

Endo appointment is Monday at 8:15.  Blood work.  I don't know if they'll drop a prescription on me the same day.  I sure ****ing hope they do.  If they don't I almost don't even want to take my vacation time now because I feel like it'll be wasted on me not being able to enjoy it. 

Man, who knew TRT was so taxing.

10598234_952425761438981_1621893590_n.jp

or lack thereof

I feel worse than I did in January/February right before I got on it. 

It's like your self confidence vaporizes and emotional sensitivity goes through the roof.  Things people say and do seem hurtful as hell.  I broke the **** down crying, BAWLING, in the middle of working out earlier this week.  Completely out of left field over some song I was listening to. 

or lack thereof

I feel worse than I did in January/February right before I got on it. 

It's like your self confidence vaporizes and emotional sensitivity goes through the roof.  Things people say and do seem hurtful as hell.  I broke the **** down crying, BAWLING, in the middle of working out earlier this week.  Completely out of left field over some song I was listening to. 

Damn, somebody close to me is thinking of starting it.  I'll be sure to pass along your tide of agony.

Damn, somebody close to me is thinking of starting it.  I'll be sure to pass along your tide of agony.

If they need it, it's WAYY worth it.  They need to understand it WILL compromise their reproductive ability if they are considering having kids some time in the immediate future.  If not, it's all good. 

Balls will shrink.  Almost immediately. 

But if it's an actual need, they will feel better within 1 hour of the shot.  Clomid is a feasible route too. Sperm keeps getting made, balls don't shrink.  Hopefully I'll be able to give actual experience based info on it starting next week.

The moral of the story is, don't quit cold turkey.

^This.

When my endo said I would need to be off TRT at least a month before he could properly do the FSH/LSH testing to start Clomid I got nervous. 

It's like being told "Hey, you're going to start feeling bad.  It'll happen little by little each day until it's horrible round the clock.  You won't feel like the same person.  Good luck"

10598234_952425761438981_1621893590_n.jp

lmao sober, That^ is the pic that I posted.  I thought you were trolling when you asked "what's superesportes"

up until a few minutes ago it still showed the above pic, in my post and when you qouted it

now I see it, either it timed out or that site doesn't allow hot linking and decided to post this

se.jpg

does the quoted post make sense now? lol

lmao sober, That^ is the pic that I posted.  I thought you were trolling when you asked "what's superesportes"

up until a few minutes ago it still showed the above pic, in my post and when you qouted it

now I see it, either it timed out or that site doesn't allow hot linking and decided to post this

se.jpg

does the quoted post make sense now? lol

heh yeah I figured it was a broken pic.  I did drop nearly 10 pounds

Yeah lol.

But there's no urge to.  I just do out of habit

Can relate homie. Had some prostate issues last year that left my wenis a shadow of it's former self. Seriously, I could see a tiddy shaped ceiling lamp before and want to fap but now it just seems like a chore.  

Archived