Who's the next crossover MMA star?

Sisti

We all know Brock's MMA matches brought UFC to insane heights. We waited for 10 years hoping Tyson would fight in the UFC.

Who do you think is the next crossover guy to fight in the UFC?

Roy Jones would get demolished if he fought Silva MMA rules, so I don't see that happening.

Not too sure but wouldn't mind watching the undefeated p4p best boxer of all time Mayweather put a beating on some UFC featherweights. That would be classic.

Hahahaha are you trying to make everyone laugh?

Mayweather has to grow a pair of balls before he thinks about coming to MMA. Then even if he did come, he would get decimated to the point where he would be living with Chael Sonnen as his practice dummy for insults.

Not too sure but wouldn't mind watching the undefeated p4p best boxer of all time Mayweather put a beating on some UFC featherweights. That would be classic.

Mayweather has to grow a pair of balls before he thinks about coming to MMA. Then even if he did come, he would get decimated to the point where he would be living with Chael Sonnen as his practice dummy for insults.

Go easy. He just started watching MMA this year.

Nobody who is at the top of their sport crosses over to another sport, except Jiu Jitsu to MMA. Even the very best wrestlers don't.

Nobody who is at the top of their sport crosses over to another sport, except Jiu Jitsu to MMA. Even the very best wrestlers don't.

it's just always a fun topic because people have been talking about "who could beat up who" since the beginning of time. UFC is the first thing ever where 2 people just fight inside a cage. i think we know now though that you can't just be another tough guy and expect to do even decent against a pro fighter.

still, there's guys like mayweather or karate legends that people will always be interested to see in the UFC

it's just always a fun topic because people have been talking about "who could beat up who" since the beginning of time. UFC is the first thing ever where 2 people just fight inside a cage. i think we know now though that you can't just be another tough guy and expect to do even decent against a pro fighter.

still, there's guys like mayweather or karate legends that people will always be interested to see in the UFC

It would be fun, but Mayweather today is nowhere near what he was when he was a featherweight beating Corrales. Even the prime Mayweather would have to run like Guida.

As far as I know, there are 4 prominent guys who ever did it

Kimbo Slice - huge youtube star, and ended up doing half-way decent in MMA...a top 30 HW, definitely wouldn't have a shot vs. a top 10 guy though

Ray Mercer - had a 9 second KO over Tim Sylvia who at that time was actually pretty decent and was recently a UFC HW champ

James Toney - got smoked because Couture played it smart and didn't strike with a famous boxer

Brock Lesnar - probably the most successful guy to do it. he was an NCAA HW champ and wrestling is an amazing crossover for MMA (maybe the best crossover sport there is), but his career started to fizzle at the end. still, he only lost to the very best

so overall, some of these huge names have had success. it just comes down to who has enough balls to take a risk. if you win, you're the man. if you lose, it suuuuuuuucks for your career

As far as I know, there are 4 prominent guys who ever did it

Kimbo Slice - huge youtube star, and ended up doing half-way decent in MMA...a top 30 HW, definitely wouldn't have a shot vs. a top 10 guy though

Ray Mercer - had a 9 second KO over Tim Sylvia who at that time was actually pretty decent and was recently a UFC HW champ

James Toney - got smoked because Couture played it smart and didn't strike with a famous boxer

Brock Lesnar - probably the most successful guy to do it. he was an NCAA HW champ and wrestling is an amazing crossover for MMA (maybe the best crossover sport there is), but his career started to fizzle at the end. still, he only lost to the very best

so overall, some of these huge names have had success. it just comes down to who has enough balls to take a risk. if you win, you're the man. if you lose, it suuuuuuuucks for your career

There are plenty of college wrestlers who cross over, there are Olympic wrestlers who crossed over, but what about World Champion or Olympic gold medal wrestlers?

Lots of rumours of CM Punk crossing over. I know less than nothing about him so IDK if he has any actual skills or would just get wrecked. Ricardo Mayorga is also going into an mma fight soon here I think.

yo BAM what you been up to mother****er

Training camp with Bibiano Fernandes, lots of work, ****ed up my back pretty bad, got better, university classes while trying to work, and on the 22nd Bibiano is coming to our gym to train with us here for a bit.

Life was busy with classes and work and relationships so I handled real life for a while.

Lots of rumours of CM Punk crossing over. I know less than nothing about him so IDK if he has any actual skills or would just get wrecked. Ricardo Mayorga is also going into an mma fight soon here I think.

Training camp with Bibiano Fernandes, lots of work, ****ed up my back pretty bad, got better, university classes while trying to work, and on the 22nd Bibiano is coming to our gym to train with us here for a bit.

Life was busy with classes and work and relationships so I handled real life for a while.

I dont see how that kept you from posting here

I dont see how that kept you from posting here

lol my bad. I will prioritize forum posting over everything else from now on :P

Archived