Labron on the Mt.Rushmore of Basketball?

BruteDion

He certainly thinks so

He said his Mt.Rushmore has Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robinson, Micheal Jordan on it

But he went on to say he's taking someone's spot

Lol that laughable...he's really drinking his own Kool-Aid...sure he has 2 rings...but the dude is 2-2 in the finals and needed to go to D.Wade to get his first two

And even today some think Kevin Durant is better then him right now (I don't but it maybe is a tie)

How delusional is this dude to think he's just as good as one of those 4 right now...maybe down the road I can entertain the thought but the dude has a LONG way to go

Me prersonally those are not even the best 4...take Larry of and put Bill Russell on it and I'm good

LeBron is certainly well rounded and is a great player. His career isn't over but if he wants to be considered one of the best he's going to have to either break records or he'll need to win more championships. He'll most likely need to do both though. If he got a career ending injury he wouldn't be considered in the top 20 as of right now.

LeBron is certainly well rounded and is a great player. His career isn't over but if he wants to be considered one of the best he's going to have to either break records or he'll need to win more championships. He'll most likely need to do both though. If he got a career ending injury he wouldn't be considered in the top 20 as of right now.

I think of truly how transcending the best all time B-ball players are it's almost impossible to get into the top5...like one small mistake will take away you "Jordan card" in basketball

To most expert when Labron went to Miami he gave it away to me...if he won even one title in Clevelan it would be worth 2 title to me cuz it's such a small market and it was built around him alone

Labron would need a total of 6 titles with his current roster to make top 5 for me and a **** ton of records...if he was in Cleveland then 4 would have got him top 5 for m

Next to Boxing I think it's crazy hard to be an all time great in the sport of basketball

I think of truly how transcending the best all time B-ball players are it's almost impossible to get into the top5...like one small mistake will take away you "Jordan card" in basketball

To most expert when Labron went to Miami he gave it away to me...if he won even one title in Clevelan it would be worth 2 title to me cuz it's such a small market and it was built around him alone

Labron would need a total of 6 titles with his current roster to make top 5 for me and a **** ton of records...if he was in Cleveland then 4 would have got him top 5 for m

Next to Boxing I think it's crazy hard to be an all time great in the sport of basketball

Wilt Chamberlain was on multiple teams

Jordan was on multiple teams

Bill Russell on multiple teams

Oscar Robinson on multiple teams

lets not forget the guys that surrounded them either. All those players had people built around him who were great. hell when jordan first left the championship bulls that team still went far in the playoffs...

Lets bring this back to lebron. The cavs weren't doing **** to bring anybody in for him and yet he won mvps and went to the finals. what happened to the cavs when he left? they plummeted to mediocrity showing that no one else on that 'team' was worth anything...They were unwilling to bring in anybody so he decided to put himself somewhere else... I think nothing of it really other than it really ****ed cleveland.

Now lets compare wade to some of the supporting cast of some of the best...

Who would you choose... Pippin or Wade, Rodman or Wade, Jerry West or Wade, Kevin Mchale or Wade, Bob Cousy or Wade, Robert Parish or Wade, Bill Walton or wade, etc...

with as inconsistent as wade is it is a bit of a stretch calling him great like some of these others that surrounded the legends.

Now I'm not saying that Lebron is top 5 or 10 or 20. I'm just saying that those arguments against him aren't that valid. going off of his numbers though he hasn't surpassed anyone in any category, yet... that's why I said if he gets hurt or he quits he won't be considered near the top.if he continues on the trajectory he is taking he should be considered great.

lets not forget the guys that surrounded them either. All those players had people built around him who were great. hell when jordan first left the championship bulls that team still went far in the playoffs...

Lets bring this back to lebron. The cavs weren't doing **** to bring anybody in for him and yet he won mvps and went to the finals. what happened to the cavs when he left? they plummeted to mediocrity showing that no one else on that 'team' was worth anything...They were unwilling to bring in anybody so he decided to put himself somewhere else... I think nothing of it really other than it really ****ed cleveland.

Who would you choose... Pippin or Wade, Rodman or Wade, Jerry West or Wade, Kevin Mchale or Wade, Bob Cousy or Wade, Robert Parish or Wade, Bill Walton or wade, etc...

with as inconsistent as wade is it is a bit of a stretch calling him great like some of these others that surrounded the legends.

Now I'm not saying that Lebron is top 5 or 10 or 20. I'm just saying that those arguments against him aren't that valid. going off of his numbers though he hasn't surpassed anyone in any category, yet... that's why I said if he gets hurt or he quits he won't be considered near the top.if he continues on the trajectory he is taking he should be considered great.

That's apples and oranges

LBJ went to D.Wade to win...those other guys didn't do that

Being built around does not hurt you at all...giving up and moving does...LBJ gave away his Jordan Card when he gave up on his home town

Did any of those guys say hey I can't get it done alone?...I'm not saying they said they could get it done alone...Kobe is really the only one I have seen said that himself when he wanted Shaq to leave...but none of the great said they needed help like LBJ did

I see your point. My opinion is just that it does not detract from how good of a player he is in the long run. On a side note I don't know if those other players requested better teammates or to requested to leave for that reason. I just know that they left. In 20 years that's all people will remember of Lebron, he left but I think the general consensus is that whenever someone leaves a team, outside of a trade of course, they are doing it to better themselves and win championships. I mean why else would you move on?

Did any of those guys say hey I can't get it done alone?...I'm not saying they said they could get it done alone...Kobe is really the only one I have seen said that himself when he wanted Shaq to leave...but none of the great said they needed help like LBJ did

I see your point. My opinion is just that it does not detract from how good of a player he is in the long run. On a side note I don't know if those other players requested better teammates or to requested to leave for that reason. I just know that they left. In 20 years that's all people will remember of Lebron, he left but I think the general consensus is that whenever someone leaves a team, outside of a trade of course, they are doing it to better themselves and win championships. I mean why else would you move on?

They did leave but not in the same mannor...not even close

Some were traded...some retired and came back like Michael...none of them picked to go to a better team to chase a title like LBJ did

Cuz he the is the solo one to do so make it that much harder for him to be an all time great MJ NEVER asked for help...Kareem and Wilt was traded...Russell never asked for help nor did he change teams

LBJ is the only one who left cuz he felt he could not get it done alone...Kobe would never admit that...Kobe would tell u he can best anyone on his worst night...and more times then not in his own era he was right

He certainly thinks so

How delusional is this dude to think he's just as good as one of those 4 right now...maybe down the road I can entertain the thought but the dude has a LONG way to go

I dont think hes saying hes a good as those 4 right now. He was saying when its all said and done he thinks he will be one of the all time greats. He acknowledges he has work to do.

The interviewer asked "When it's all said and done are you up there?" Lebron said yeah.

Being built around does not hurt you at all...giving up and moving does...LBJ gave away his Jordan Card when he gave up on his home town

I don't think so. Lebron gave up his "Jordan card" as you put it, when he lost his first NBA attempt against the Spurs when he was playing for Cleveland. Jordan was 6-0 in NBA player appearances with 6 NBA Final MVPs.

I posted my top 4 for the NBA in the other thread:

Michael Jordan

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Oscar Robertson

He certainly thinks so

I dont think hes saying hes a good as those 4 right now. He was saying when its all said and done he thinks he will be one of the all time greats. He acknowledges he has work to do.

The interviewer asked "When it's all said and done are you up there?" Lebron said yeah.

If he mean that I still doubt it...but as I said he needs to pull some **** out his **** to do that

I don't think so. Lebron gave up his "Jordan card" as you put it, when he lost his first NBA attempt against the Spurs when he was playing for Cleveland. Jordan was 6-0 in NBA player appearances with 6 NBA Final MVPs.

Michael Jordan

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Oscar Robertson

This is where I'm giving him his break...he was not ment to get that far in the play-off for how young he was and how talented his team was at the time

He ran into a touch and healthy Spurs team which beats a lot of former champ teams

It's still on his record of losses but I don't take the J-Card away yet cuz if it cuz his future looked crazy bright for what he just did even with the lost...it's the **** that followed that he lost it

Michael Jordan

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Oscar Robertson

This is where I'm giving him his break...he was not ment to get that far in the play-off for how young he was and how talented his team was at the time

He ran into a touch and healthy Spurs team which beats a lot of former champ teams

It's still on his record of losses but I don't take the J-Card away yet cuz if it cuz his future looked crazy bright for what he just did even with the lost...it's the **** that followed that he lost it

In an era when SportsCenter was airing Lebron James' high school games on cable tv to hype him up. When he came to the NBA, he proved that it was truly his talent and it wasn't hype like almost everyone you hear about. I give Lebron major props for stuff like that. He's not going to be as great as Michael Jordan from a sports or business standpoint, but I don't think Lebron James wants to be the best. He just wants to be in the conversation and where any debate can happen as to who are the best of the best.

He's already on his way and he'll definitely get into the top 10 best players of all time in the NBA when it's all said and done. Even if he doesn't win another championship, which as I mentioned already is a team stat. That shouldn't be held against him, just like Karl Malone was a tremendous NBA player, but he never won an NBA championship because he played in the Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen era.

Michael Jordan

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Oscar Robertson

In an era when SportsCenter was airing Lebron James' high school games on cable tv to hype him up. When he came to the NBA, he proved that it was truly his talent and it wasn't hype like almost everyone you hear about. I give Lebron major props for stuff like that. He's not going to be as great as Michael Jordan from a sports or business standpoint, but I don't think Lebron James wants to be the best. He just wants to be in the conversation and where any debate can happen as to who are the best of the best.

He's already on his way and he'll definitely get into the top 10 best players of all time in the NBA when it's all said and done. Even if he doesn't win another championship, which as I mentioned already is a team stat. That shouldn't be held against him, just like Karl Malone was a tremendous NBA player, but he never won an NBA championship because he played in the Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen era.

I can agree with that but on one point and here's why

Jaylen Rose broke it down like this and I think it's the best one yet

There is a room called the "all time greats"...this room is full of the stars...men who did great things in their careers through their efforts and broke some records...these men inside of this room go by the names John Stockton,Karl Molone,Barkley etc...they all did great things and belong in the HOf

But in this room there is also a table...and this table sits the best of the best...the top5 guys...and what sperates them is the rings and moments...these men to by the name Jordan,Magic,Wilt,Kareem,Larry,Russell(I didn't hold it against him that he named 6 lol)...they all did great things but also WON great things

That's how Rose broke it down and I got to agree...right now LBJ will deff be in the room...if he want to sit at that table he needs more rings and moments

Michael Jordan

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Oscar Robertson

Not sure what you mean here. MJ got his **** handed to him by the Pistons early in his career.

Michael Jordan

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Oscar Robertson

Not sure what you mean here. MJ got his **** handed to him by the Pistons early in his career.

He did for the Eastern Conference Finals. But, it's commonly referenced that when the lights shined brightest during Michael Jordan's prime (i.e. - the NBA Finals), that's when MJ led teams won 6-0 and MJ had 6 NBA Finals MVPs out of 6 attempts. Practically impossible to top that.

There is one thing that nobody mentions, but it's very important to me. Which players mentioned came into the NBA and were immediate winners, and even champions? Jordan was a loser when he came into the league. Oscar Robertson never won a championship until he joined Kareem's Bucks. I would pick Russell, Kareem, and Magic for sure. The 4th. would be tough to decide for me, maybe Wilt or Jordan.

There is one thing that nobody mentions, but it's very important to me. Which players mentioned came into the NBA and were immediate winners, and even champions? Jordan was a loser when he came into the league. Oscar Robertson never won a championship until he joined Kareem's Bucks. I would pick Russell, Kareem, and Magic for sure. The 4th. would be tough to decide for me, maybe Wilt or Jordan.

I can't hold it against some one cuz the didn't win as soon as they got into the league

How can that hold some one back?...so what u didn't win in the first 3 years so so...the next 10-15 years were utter dominance lol

There is a reason why they got picked so high most of the time...it's cuz they walked into trash

I trash LBJ sometimes but no one could win on day one with the Cavs that year he was a rookie **** it's damn impressive he got to the finals as fast as he did

No one person who has won a title in the first season was the best player on his team and all the credit went to him CB...no one...there is not one Rookie who has came into the league and dominated everyone to win a title

Russell maybe the closest to achieving that but his Boston team had talent...Magic has Kareem his first year aswell

Archived