UFC 170 - Rory MacDonald vs Demian Maia to replace Rashad vs DC?

BeLikeWater

Lorenzo Fertitta told ESPN.com the bout would be rescheduled to a future date, based upon Evans' recovery. The former light heavyweight champion is expected to miss approximately four weeks.

The fight could land on UFC 172 on April 26 in Baltimore or UFC 173 on May 24 in Las Vegas, according to Fertitta.

A welterweight bout between Rory MacDonald and Demian Maia is expected to move into the UFC 170 co-main event.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/10447503/ufc-170-light-heavyweight-rashad-evans-withdraws-daniel-cormier-bout-leg-injury?ex_cid=Twitter_espn_10447503

They are not going to let Chael fight whether Chael wants it or not. That puts him on a 2 fight skid going into the Wanderlei bout. They want him to smash Wanderlei and drop back to 185. Probably win one fight there and they will give him a title shot no matter who the champion is because it obviously will not be Anderson. They are looking to cash in on Chael's last couple of years. He will be fast tracked into another middleweight title shot I guarantee it.

Legit light heavies only have enough time to cut the weight so they are not going to want to risk it unless they get paid well.

Find a heavyweight to fight him on short notice. Cormier is down around 220 now would be a decent opportunity for a bigger HW to have a chance. Even if you lose you stepped up on short notice and you get paid.

Chael vs DC isn't a great fight, but it's still a fight.

Like I said, wait a couple of days or so. Someone might step up. DC is a big name. A win over him could put someone in a good spot. He'll take anybody at this point. Good opportunity for someone to jump in there.

I'm sure the UFC realizes DC is a big draw to the card. It says in articles the fight will not be replaced, but I don't think that's the case because DC still wants to fight on the card and says he'll fight anybody. Chael already said he'll step up. Some guy named Patrick Cummins is rallying for the fight on twitter and everything (DC retweeted it).

DC is desperate and just wants to bang. He's got two opponents lined up already. You can do the Chael fight or the fight against this Cummins guy, who would get destroyed though. He's 4-0, not a lot of fights.

Would rather see Chael vs DC than this guy, but as long as DC remains on the card I'll be happy. Paid good money for those tickets. Get him a fight!

Archived