Joe Rogan is not informed at all regarding his comments on Gegard Mousasi

Frontline_Rioter

Just saw Rogan on fox news live replay. He is asked about the fight and if Mousasi poses a threat to Machida.

A lot of what he said was true or even fact but what bothers me is he said "Mousasi has spent the majority of his career at light heavyweight when most people thought he should have been at middleweight"

That's not word for word but very close.

Mousasi spent the MAJORITY of his career at middleweight and moved up to light heavy in like 09 or 2010. He has 39 fights and the first 27 were at middleweight or Pride's 183 welterweight. Out of the 12 remaining one was open weight and 2 were HW with Jake O'Brien missing weight.

205 - 9 fights

185 - 27 fights

Joe has been around far too long to not know Gegard was a career middleweight with wins over Jacare, Manhoef, Kang, Lombard... you know guys that fight at middleweight.

Okay defend Joe he said he's spent the majority of his career at 205 when most people thought he should be at 185. Most people as in just fans with any knowledge of the sport thought he should have stayed at 185 and never moved up. He said he got up around 216-218 and felt big around Fedor. Dude who gives a **** you are not Fedor. He had this plan of bulking to 235 and being a heavyweight by this time. Now he's going back down a class not up.

Just saw Rogan on fox news live replay. He is asked about the fight and if Mousasi poses a threat to Machida.

A lot of what he said was true or even fact but what bothers me is he said "Mousasi has spent the majority of his career at light heavyweight when most people thought he should have been at middleweight"

That's not word for word but very close.

Mousasi spent the MAJORITY of his career at middleweight and moved up to light heavy in like 09 or 2010. He has 39 fights and the first 27 were at middleweight or Pride's 183 welterweight. Out of the 12 remaining one was open weight and 2 were HW with Jake O'Brien missing weight.

205 - 9 fights

185 - 27 fights

Joe has been around far too long to not know Gegard was a career middleweight with wins over Jacare, Manhoef, Kang, Lombard... you know guys that fight at middleweight.

Joe thought Lesnar was going to beat Cain.

Joe thought that since steroids make you better then all fighters should take steroids.

Joe thought Tim Sylvia was the greatest striker in MMA history..

I'm sure Joe meant most of his career that was actually worth following. Just because he fought 27 fights as a middleweight doesn't mean a lot when you consider the caliber of the people he was fighting, and the promotions he was working for. He had, what, 3 fights in Pride at 183 and 3 fights in Dream as Middleweight before moving to 205? Since then he's fought in 4 Dream cards, 6 Strikeforce cards, and his UFC at 205 or heavier? Let's be fair, he's only had about 17 or 18 bouts in his career that people could reasonably watch, and 11 of those he weighed more than a middleweight.

Or, he made a simple mistake?

Or, he knows, doesn't care, and thinks saying that fans want to see him go down to 185 is a better soundbyte and therefore might further interest in the bout? Any one of those is a pretty reasonable answer to this. I'm not sure why it bothers anyone other than some Sheldon Cooper-esque need to correct minor errors.

I'm sure Joe meant most of his career that was actually worth following. Just because he fought 27 fights as a middleweight doesn't mean a lot when you consider the caliber of the people he was fighting, and the promotions he was working for. He had, what, 3 fights in Pride at 183 and 3 fights in Dream as Middleweight before moving to 205? Since then he's fought in 4 Dream cards, 6 Strikeforce cards, and his UFC at 205 or heavier? Let's be fair, he's only had about 17 or 18 bouts in his career that people could reasonably watch, and 11 of those he weighed more than a middleweight.

Or, he made a simple mistake?

Or, he knows, doesn't care, and thinks saying that fans want to see him go down to 185 is a better soundbyte and therefore might further interest in the bout? Any one of those is a pretty reasonable answer to this. I'm not sure why it bothers anyone other than some Sheldon Cooper-esque need to correct minor errors.

Are you in the grammar gestapo squad? Perfect paragraph proliferator you.

OH I get it. His career wasn't worth following when he was defeating top middleweights. You stupid ****s go full retard constantly

You seem to be quite bothered by my assessment, however all I said was, in Pride and Dream he won a total of 6 fights at Middleweight between both. I did not dismiss them, I stated those 6 bouts at Middleweight when compared to the rest of his career (spent largely fighting in promotions that actually have distribution deals) would give the impression to the average fight fan that he spent most of his career at 205. But you seem to vehemently disagree. So I ask you sir, other than those bouts, would you care to enlighten me as to who these top middleweights you are referring to are?

Daniel Spek, Xander Nel, Niko Puhakka, Rody Trost, Erik Organov, John Donnelly, Chico Martinez, Stefan Klever, Tsuyoshi Kurihara, Andre Fyeet, Sanjin Kadunc, Hidetada Irie, Maskoto Takimoto, Hector Lombard, Gregory Bouchelaghem, Alexander Kokoev, Kyacey Uscola, Damir Mirenic, Evangelista Santos, Steve Mensing, Denis Kang, Dong Sik Yoon, Melvin Manhoef, Ronaldo Souza...

Those are all the men he bet before he moved up to 205. Now bare in mind, I said fans would have been exposed to his Pride and Dream fights only, so that excludes; Souza, Manhoef, Yoon, Kang, Lombard and Takimoto. Now tell me, which of the remaining 21 fighters do you think I've overlooked so egregiously that it justifies using offensive language? AND, even more impressive if you would have actually seen one of those other 21 fights. I'm going to guess either you don't know what you're talking about, or you misread what I wrote. Either way, you over reacted to a simple Joe Rogan soundbyte, and you're over reacting to me right now sir.

There is no need for such anger about this.

Archived