Fight Night Bonuses have been changed -.-

Whipsnap

http://uk.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-Fight-Night-Bonuses

"The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today a modification to its live event bonuses. Effective immediately, UFC will award Fight of the Night bonuses to each of the fighters in the best fight of the night, as well as additional Performance of the Night bonuses to the two best individual performances on the card.

Performance of the Night bonuses will replace existing Knockout and Submission of the Night awards.

The bonus amounts will remain $50,000. The Performance of the Night bonuses will reward the athletes who put on the best and most exciting individual performances. " - UFC Statement

Anyone else think this is total bull****? I think they should have kept them how they were and just added a 4th Bonus, Performer of the Night. Not replace KO and Submission of the Night with 2x Performer of the Night.

What the hell is going on?!

ko and sub encouraged fighters to finish, performance? i dont even know.....

The best finishes will still probably get them, just just gives them more leverage to give an outstanding performance a bonus over some random submission that's only getting a bonus because no one else won via submission. That said it's not like the UFC doesn't do whatever the hell they want anyway so it's kind of pointless. I'm pretty sure someone got the only KO or Sub and still didn't get a bonus once

this will screw undercard fighters as beating a top guy is *having a better performance*

This does give the UFC more control over who they give it to but i seriously doubt their decisions on who gets them will be controversial.

Yea, sometimes they got the KOTN and SOTN wrong by itself, and we will still have those same minor hiccups, but the people that get it will deserve it.

this will screw undercard fighters as beating a top guy is *having a better performance*

This does give the UFC more control over who they give it to but i seriously doubt their decisions on who gets them will be controversial.

Yea, sometimes they got the KOTN and SOTN wrong by itself, and we will still have those same minor hiccups, but the people that get it will deserve it.

They pretty much handed out the awards to whomever they wished anyway. They actually gave Fight of the Night to Georges St. Pierre and Josh Koscheck to reward the 5 rounds of Josh getting jabbed into oblivion.

They pretty much handed out the awards to whomever they wished anyway. They actually gave Fight of the Night to Georges St. Pierre and Josh Koscheck to reward the 5 rounds of Josh getting jabbed into oblivion.

If I remember correctly, that night they opened the Fight of the Night award to a fan vote, and that's how GSP/Koscheck won. Dana even said afterwards that the fans got it so wrong that they'd never do a fan vote for the award again.

(I could be wrong about it being that fight, but the scenario I mentioned did happen at one event)

If I remember correctly, that night they opened the Fight of the Night award to a fan vote, and that's how GSP/Koscheck won. Dana even said afterwards that the fans got it so wrong that they'd never do a fan vote for the award again.

(I could be wrong about it being that fight, but the scenario I mentioned did happen at one event)

I sure hope that was the case. When I watched the fight, I couldn't rationalize nominating it for an award of any sort. At least not a positive award.

I could never get tired of watching Kos get punched in the face.

Archived