Chael Sonnen says “the UFC is full of cowards” and he begs them to just “Quit”

BeLikeWater

“DC is a top contender.For people to not jump at the shot to fight him is more than confusing, it’s infuriating. The UFC is plagued with cowards. If you are a light heavyweight who isn't booked and you didn't offer to fight him, please, I beg you, quit.” - Chael Sonnen

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/chael-sonnen-unbooked-cowards-who-wouldn-t-fight-cormier-should-quit-ufc-021314

Sonnen will gladly take fights he has no chance of winning, just so he can get on TV. I would say he is no longer a title contender, so he's the one who should quit.

He's not a title contender but he could beat the title contenders. Vitor and Mousasi would both lose to him, same with Francis Carmont but I don't think he's being considered as a title contender, just food for Jacare.

Sonnen is a horrible mixed martial artist so he has no right to run his mouth.

Even though he lost he earned Anderson Silva's respect and 1st round sub'd Shogun. Has only lost to champs and former champs in the last several years. Says he will fight anyone and everyone anytime, and then backs it up. Tell me how horrible he is again?!?

People won't take the fight because #1 most light heavyweights can't make 205 in time and #2 if you lose quickly then its one strike against you and 1 or 2 more losses could get you cut from the UFC. Sonnen has balls but also his job is secure because of his mouth and popularity. Plus he is on the downside of his career and makes money outside of fighting. Most fighters aren't that financially secure so they have to think about their careers. Fighting a guy like DC on short notice coming off a bad weight cut is bad for your career and health.

As much as Dana and the UFC say that the loss won't hurt you we all know that fighters can lose popularity quickly and when that happens the UFC is quick to show you the door whether you did them favors or not.

As much as I dislike Sonnen at times and think he is a B level fighter. He has grown on me a bit lately. Even I have to admit he is old school in the since of anybody, anytime, anywhere. I do give him hespect for calling out and willing to confront the best fighters in the world. He loses cause he isn't that good but atleast he backs it up and tries. I can't stand people who say they'll fight anybody then back out of fights or act like they're to good to fight someone. Won't fight friends and won't fight for xxx reason. Realistically, what Chael is saying is true. I didn't see many people jumping to fight DC or Kabib. UFC is infact full of cowards.

Fighters always say: i'll fight who ever the UFC puts in front of me. I never hear them say: as long as I have a decent camp.

What they actually mean is: I'll fight anyone the UFC asks me to fight... as long as they can't possibly derail my title shot, I know that I can beat them, and have a full training camp.

Archived