Universal Uniforms for all UFC Fighters... WTF?!

xFINISHxHIMx

It said in the article camps would still be able to go out and get their own sponsorship deals on the shorts. It shouldn't cut into fighter's endorsement deals too badly. However this is clearly a sign of UFC trying to capitalize on one massive deal with a single uniform maker (Nike?) which deters from fighter's prerogative and bargaining position.

That being said, I sometimes find the entire aspect of throwing "Condom Depot" logos on shorts to be something that detracts from the legitimacy of the sport rather than reenforces it. You don't see Floyd Mayweather walking out with half a dozen different (and low class) brands on his shorts. There is also the possibility that limiting the number of sponsor deals that can be seen might increase the value of the space, thus making it a wash for the fighters in terms of revenue generated. Obviously, I don't know the details beyond speculation at this point, but it might not impact the bottom line as much as knee jerk reactions would suggest.

This seriously pisses me off. The fighters should stick together and oppose to this ****ing **** move.

Many fighters win around 8k per fight, if they fight 3 times in a year and win 2, that's 40k. 3.5k per month. And that's for a high-risk job, which by common sense should be higher paid because of that.

****ing slavery

This actually would be an amazing thing if the fighters get their fair share of ad revenue. They don't have to worry about some obscure company sponsoring them. They prob won't though.

I really doubt they'd be better with the UFC being sponsored by ONE store, and giving them a slim share of it, rather than what they're making with 10 sponsors on their trunks.

So, would this also determine the type of shorts a fighter wears? For example, guys like Anderson and GSP (later on) preferred the lycra/spandex type trunks that were basically form-fitting. A lot of fighters wear the looser, baggier shorts. Jon Jones wears shorts that are slit so far up the sides that it looks like he's wearing a skirt.

There's even more variance in women's MMA.

You guys need to calm down. This is to keep ****ing cans like Cody redneck Mckenzie from showing up to a fight on national tv in ****ing basketball shorts again. Or that other can from wearing a ****ing speedo.

They'll still let them add their sponsors. Even if they didn't, they have their sponsors on their walk out shirts, hats, and banners.

You guys need to calm down. This is to keep ****ing cans like Cody redneck Mckenzie from showing up to a fight on national tv in ****ing basketball shorts again. Or that other can from wearing a ****ing speedo.

They'll still let them add their sponsors. Even if they didn't, they have their sponsors on their walk out shirts, hats, and banners.

This^^.

The only part I haven't seen mentioned is the real issue, if you ask me. Have you seen any of the rerun fights where they constantly have to block out ads on guys' shorts? Dana isn't getting a slice from the ad money, so he wants it out.

Archived