Study shows that longevity is 100% genetic; there is nothing you can do about that

STANDYOURGROUND

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43992058/ns/health-aging/

If you are pissed off at this, you are certainly a psychological leftist. Leftists are antagonistic to any suggestions that certain characteristics (intelligence, health, etc) might be genetically predetermined.

Like it or not there is nothing you can do to improve your health or live longer because this **** is 100% genetic. There is nothing you can do about it. You are in prison. You have no power over nature. None whatsoever. All that exercising you aren't even doing correctly is just going to be wasted effort in the end. All that dieting is just you cutting yourself short on the finer things in life for no return at all. Smoke until you choke because the media won't show you the studies that show it isn't bad for your health anyway.

I can think of at least two different times I've read interviews with people over 100 and when asked what the secret to living so long was they said smoking and drinking whiskey. If that were the case, I would be immortal.

Agreed, I think that is why I'm rarely sick whereas I have vegetarian and paleo diet co-workers that are constantly getting every cold that goes around.

Hope not

My dad died of heart failure a few years ago and i have get myself tested for it at some point

Science is bull****.

Doctors are clueless.

Everyone in my family has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. These things are congenital in my bloodline. Yet no one in my family ever died of heart problems.

You see, junior, your heart is a muscle. It's a muscle just like your biceps femoris or your gluteus maximus. And muscles need exercise. If you don't exercise your muscles, they will get weak (atrophy) and lose strength and endurance. Your heart is the most important muscle in your body, so it is critical that you give your heart it's due diligence.

The only way to properly strengthen your heart is to clog your arteries with as much **** and as much gunk as possible.

Allow me to explain. Your heart contracts (beats) and this force generated by your heart pushes blood throughout your body. The more viscous and polluted your blood is, the harder your heart must work to get the job done. Your heart HAS TO work harder to overcome the resistance in the form of thick blood. By forcing your heart to work harder, to contract more forcefully, you are stimulating the training effect and your heart will strengthen.

It's like lifting weights for your heart.

As your heart gets stronger over time, your heart will be more endurant as well. Think about it this way. Imagine if you spent five years carrying a heavy barbell on your back. If you took the barbell off your back after five years, you would be able to run faster and for longer distances, because you are so much stronger and acclimated to moving at a greater gravitational disadvantage.

Lastly, cholesterol isn't bad for you. Your body synthesizes testosterone from cholesterol. More cholesterol = more testosterone = faster recovery = better vitality.

Now I know you don't care about all of that numbing jumbo, you just want to be told in everyday language about how to improve your health and you sense of well being. So here's my advice. Call Domino's Pizza and order a couple of extra large pizzas with extra cheese, extra sausage, extra bread sticks and lots of spaghetti and meatballs. Get the **** and grease it with a whole bottle of olive oil. Then dump the contents of the salt shakers all over everything, including your beverages. Then melt butter over everything and eat it as quickly as possible. Eat everything. That's workout number one. For more info, stay tuned.

Hope not

My dad died of heart failure a few years ago and i have get myself tested for it at some point

Science is bull****.

Doctors are clueless.

Everyone in my family has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. These things are congenital in my bloodline. Yet no one in my family ever died of heart problems.

You see, junior, your heart is a muscle. It's a muscle just like your biceps femoris or your gluteus maximus. And muscles need exercise. If you don't exercise your muscles, they will get weak (atrophy) and lose strength and endurance. Your heart is the most important muscle in your body, so it is critical that you give your heart it's due diligence.

The only way to properly strengthen your heart is to clog your arteries with as much **** and as much gunk as possible.

Allow me to explain. Your heart contracts (beats) and this force generated by your heart pushes blood throughout your body. The more viscous and polluted your blood is, the harder your heart must work to get the job done. Your heart HAS TO work harder to overcome the resistance in the form of thick blood. By forcing your heart to work harder, to contract more forcefully, you are stimulating the training effect and your heart will strengthen.

As your heart gets stronger over time, your heart will be more endurant as well. Think about it this way. Imagine if you spent five years carrying a heavy barbell on your back. If you took the barbell off your back after five years, you would be able to run faster and for longer distances, because you are so much stronger and acclimated to moving at a greater gravitational disadvantage.

Lastly, cholesterol isn't bad for you. Your body synthesizes testosterone from cholesterol. More cholesterol = more testosterone = faster recovery = better vitality.

Now I know you don't care about all of that numbing jumbo, you just want to be told in everyday language about how to improve your health and you sense of well being. So here's my advice. Call Domino's Pizza and order a couple of extra large pizzas with extra cheese, extra sausage, extra bread sticks and lots of spaghetti and meatballs. Get the **** and grease it with a whole bottle of olive oil. Then dump the contents of the salt shakers all over everything, including your beverages. Then melt butter over everything and eat it as quickly as possible. Eat everything. That's workout number one. For more info, stay tuned.

That "lifting weights for the heart" is idiotic. Longevity might be genetic, but lifestyle has a huge effect on quality of life.

No where does it say it's is 100% due to genes

They used terms like "buy in large"...so they admit some of those people did have health lifestyles and that should be enough to tell you they don't know for a fact it's all genes

Some of those people did have health life styles...know knows if the have the genes to live long so who not cover ur bets and do the healthy **** to

Hope not

Science is bull****.

Doctors are clueless.

Didn't you just say in your OP that "all that excersising....waste at the end" [-(

Your genetics is still influenced by your surroundings, so genetics plays hand in hand with lifestyle. If two individuals were genetically identical and were predisposed to develop cardiovascular disease, the twin that exercised and watched what they ate would live longer than the individual that didn't. Therefore, it is stupid to ignore lifestyle as it pertains to both aging and lifespan.

Archived