sigh... Valentines is nothing more than amateur night...

KINGnoob

Look you ****s... theres a reason why you never go out to eat, because you can't afford it. Stay home, and cook for your ****. Just because its Valentines doesn't mean you should go out and spend money you don't have. Like wtf are you doing trying to make your woman happy when she ****ing hates you anyways? Spending more money on one dinner than you spend a week on groceries makes you a MORON!

So how about you pay your bills, and stay the **** out of my restaurant.

Take me there Bee.

Just look at some of the garbage that walks into my place of work.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That doesn't even make sense, bible belt thumper.

Sure it does. You are a server(leech) that refills water and carries plates to tables. You either only had three tables on Valentines which means you are a **** server about to get canned or you only posted three of your receipts which means you got tipped "sufficiently" by the others and you still walked with a decent stack.Either way you are an unskilled little **** crying because people didn't throw free money at you for not ****ing up their order.

Im very good at what I do. I made $350 tonight regardless. Its still aggravating as **** though.

Don't take it too hard, 350 is pretty good for a nights work. I'll tell you one thing, whoever dropped 400 dollars should slap themselves.

I could be making GSP money and I wouldn't drop that much on dinner, that is ****ing ridiculous.

Im very good at what I do. I made $350 tonight regardless. Its still aggravating as **** though.

Don't take it too hard, 350 is pretty good for a nights work. I'll tell you one thing, whoever dropped 400 dollars should slap themselves.

I could be making GSP money and I wouldn't drop that much on dinner, that is ****ing ridiculous.

That ****er spent 200 bucks on just Beef...

That ****er spent 200 bucks on just Beef...

That is god damn ridiculous. It took IDYB 6 months to save up his allowance to be able to buy a PS4 and this guy just throws that money away.

Interesting for a silly conservative to not understand the concept of a leech. A leech is a parasite. Something that feeds off a host by force. And often times has to be removed by force. Im not forcing anyone to tip me. Im simply suggesting that the trash like you stay home.

You are a leech because you earn your living off the backs of skilled chefs. I can assure you your chef didn't earn 350$ tonight even though they did much more work and are much more skilled. You get this arbitrary 15% because owners have to throw a bone to the proles they hire to run the food. You might be earning more but it's still welfare for your ****.

Interesting for a silly conservative to not understand the concept of a leech. A leech is a parasite. Something that feeds off a host by force. And often times has to be removed by force. Im not forcing anyone to tip me. Im simply suggesting that the trash like you stay home.

You are a leech because you earn your living off the backs of skilled chefs. I can assure you your chef didn't earn 350$ tonight even though they did much more work and are much more skilled. You get this arbitrary 15% because owners have to throw a bone to the proles they hire to run the food. You might be earning more but it's still welfare for your ****.

The chefs might not make as much, but they don't have to deal with you. It evens out in the end.

The chefs might not make as much, but they don't have to deal with you. It evens out in the end.

It does for me because I worked for nothing in Michelin starred kitchens for years until I scored my currant gig which pays really well, but the fact is most servers are simpletons that have nothing to be proud of but working for hand outs that are in reality completely undeserved.

You should take conservative out of your sig. You are clearly having an identity crisis...

So whats your point? That I owe the chefs something? Kinda like the left thinks I owe them something? Did the chefs choose their occupation? You are outclassed here kid. Walk away before I make you look really stupid.

You should take conservative out of your sig. You are clearly having an identity crisis...

So whats your point? That I owe the chefs something? Kinda like the left thinks I owe them something? Did the chefs choose their occupation? You are outclassed here kid. Walk away before I make you look really stupid.

I've made my point plenty of times already. You are an unskilled laborer asking for sympathy because you only made 350$ tonight for refilling waters and taking orders. You should be ****ing embarrassed for being the least bit indignant about what people gave you for charity.

TLDR: you are a spoiled self righteous, entitled little ****.

So you got around a 12%, 13% and 9% tip. I only have one question, but we both know the answer to this question probably - if you didn't like your tip percentage so much, why didn't you bring this up to the customers directly?

Bringing this up to forum members on the internet isn't going to change your issue of having some people tip less than 20%. I mean, ****, it's easy to calculate what a 20% tip is. Divide the total amount by 5 and that's 20% tip. There's no rhyme or reason to it, so you have patience and/or build patience if that isn't a strong characteristic of yourself.

If you acknowledge that certain times you will get less then 20% tip when serving and notice that a majority of your tips are around 20%, then you should be fine. if you notice that a majority of your tips are around 10%, that's when you should either bring it up to the customer that this is too low. Especially for higher end bills of around $100 to $200 and over.

Yes, you might not like the response you get from the customers when you bring up the fact that you did not like the tip they gave you, but it's an honest answer. No forum member can do anything about your situation that happens in any service field. You're already working on getting out of the service field, so it's just a means to an end at this point for you anyway.

The point that STANDYOURGROUND brings up makes sense. You are a necessary component for a restaurant business, but so is the chef and other parts not mentioned. Depending on what the customer wants varies, but I think we can all agree that people want good quality food as the number one reason to go to a restaurant. Yes, some people want good service, but I don't think that's the primary reason why people go to high end restaurants. Because of this, you are getting funds that are leeching off the value and work of the chef. It's not the service that you bring as the sole factor of why people are giving you less then 15% tip. Maybe the meal just flat out sucked **** and they weren't happy with it. Could be a lot of reasons.

You were tipped in the three receipts you listed. Your issue is about the amount and percentage they tip you - which is not controllable, unless you bring it up with the customer directly. Unless your area forces for gratuity with a certain amount of people being served. There's good etiquette that people should pay 20% or around there for their meals additionally as a tip, but it's not something usually forced.

You are not educating because no one really cares.

You are venting. Let's not get it confused.

So you got around a 12%, 13% and 9% tip. I only have one question, but we both know the answer to this question probably - if you didn't like your tip percentage so much, why didn't you bring this up to the customers directly?

Bringing this up to forum members on the internet isn't going to change your issue of having some people tip less than 20%. I mean, ****, it's easy to calculate what a 20% tip is. Divide the total amount by 5 and that's 20% tip. There's no rhyme or reason to it, so you have patience and/or build patience if that isn't a strong characteristic of yourself.

If you acknowledge that certain times you will get less then 20% tip when serving and notice that a majority of your tips are around 20%, then you should be fine. if you notice that a majority of your tips are around 10%, that's when you should either bring it up to the customer that this is too low. Especially for higher end bills of around $100 to $200 and over.

Yes, you might not like the response you get from the customers when you bring up the fact that you did not like the tip they gave you, but it's an honest answer. No forum member can do anything about your situation that happens in any service field. You're already working on getting out of the service field, so it's just a means to an end at this point for you anyway.

The point that STANDYOURGROUND brings up makes sense. You are a necessary component for a restaurant business, but so is the chef and other parts not mentioned. Depending on what the customer wants varies, but I think we can all agree that people want good quality food as the number one reason to go to a restaurant. Yes, some people want good service, but I don't think that's the primary reason why people go to high end restaurants. Because of this, you are getting funds that are leeching off the value and work of the chef. It's not the service that you bring as the sole factor of why people are giving you less then 15% tip. Maybe the meal just flat out sucked **** and they weren't happy with it. Could be a lot of reasons.

ill address each paragraph in the same order

I didn't bring it up directly for many reasons. For one, they are free to tip whatever. The concept that you should understand is that when you sit down at a table in a restaurant, you are agreeing to an unspoken negotiation. Everyone knows what the standard is. 15%-20%. Its simple. If everyone of those tables told me ahead of time they were going to tip less, than I would not let them sit at on of my tables. I only have 5 tables in my section and thats how I make my money. Its a time game. We are open for 5 hours, most people sit and eat at a table for 1-2 hours. So if I don't make my money within that time than thats game. Every time you take a seat at a restaurant, ESPECIALLY, on a busy night, I hope you will think about that.

I agree with it being easy to calculate 20%. However, the inter webs is how you reach the most. Again, Im educating here. I don't have a Facebook, and this is pretty much the only forum I frequent. And I have no followers on twitter. :(

Im just not willing to explain to the guest directly that they are trash. End of day I'm a professional at my work place. So, ill just educate you guys and you guys can pass it on. Just like the movie pay it forward. So please bring this up to all your friends. And tell them to pay it forward too.

Yes, its always been a means to an end. But there will always be other food servers that I can help by spreading my wisdom of Food Serving.

Well you tip for service not for food. That could be another lesson learned. And again, this leeching off the value and work of the chef **** is illogical. I could draw the same irrational conclusion in any work relationship. Maybe for a lefty like you thats fine, but for the kid with conservative in his sig, it seems silly.

You were tipped in the three receipts you listed. Your issue is about the amount and percentage they tip you - which is not controllable, unless you bring it up with the customer directly. Unless your area forces for gratuity with a certain amount of people being served. There's good etiquette that people should pay 20% or around there for their meals additionally as a tip, but it's not something usually forced.

You are not educating because no one really cares.

You are venting. Let's not get it confused.

Simply because you are reading without the purpose of learning does not mean you are not learning from it. Bottom line, every time someone makes a tip 20% joke you are helping me reiterate my point. It becomes embedded in the brain and next time you/they sit at a restaurant you/they will think of me. Which I am sure has already happened. And you have never read any of my threads with the intention of learning something. ;)

No you haven't made your point. You are lost kid. Im not asking for sympathy. Im educating. Completely different.

My advice would be for you to take your wife/girlfriend/partner out to dinner yourself, instead of working Valentine's Day.

Hard to get off work on one of the busiest days of the year. In fact Ive pretty much worked every single holiday since I was 16.

20 bucks on a 208 is ridiculous. 50 on 400 is garbage as well. This is why I would rather be in the back. Dealing with severs can be irritating but dealing with the customers could make me homicidal.

The 20 on 208 was a punch straight to the gonads. With the 50 on 400 guy I think he was just pissed once he saw the bill. But I was very clear on how much he was about to spend on beef. So it is what it is. He might of got into the **** it, I'm gonna splurge on Valentines mode and once the chickens came home he realized that he had a car payment due at the end of the month. Cant pay dem bills...

20 bucks on a 208 is ridiculous. 50 on 400 is garbage as well. This is why I would rather be in the back. Dealing with severs can be irritating but dealing with the customers could make me homicidal.

The 20 on 208 was a punch straight to the gonads. With the 50 on 400 guy I think he was just pissed once he saw the bill. But I was very clear on how much he was about to spend on beef. So it is what it is. He might of got into the **** it, I'm gonna splurge on Valentines mode and once the chickens came home he realized that he had a car payment due at the end of the month. Cant pay dem bills...

The restaurant we were at had a steak that was 36 dollars and I wouldn't even pay that. That's ****ing insane. Do you have to jerk that guy off under the table for those prices?

Maybe I'm a cheap ****. But it seems ridiculous.

ill address each paragraph in the same order

I didn't bring it up directly for many reasons. For one, they are free to tip whatever. The concept that you should understand is that when you sit down at a table in a restaurant, you are agreeing to an unspoken negotiation. Everyone knows what the standard is. 15%-20%. Its simple. If everyone of those tables told me ahead of time they were going to tip less, than I would not let them sit at on of my tables. I only have 5 tables in my section and thats how I make my money. Its a time game. We are open for 5 hours, most people sit and eat at a table for 1-2 hours. So if I don't make my money within that time than thats game. Every time you take a seat at a restaurant, ESPECIALLY, on a busy night, I hope you will think about that.

I agree with it being easy to calculate 20%. However, the inter webs is how you reach the most. Again, Im educating here. I don't have a Facebook, and this is pretty much the only forum I frequent. And I have no followers on twitter. :(

Im just not willing to explain to the guest directly that they are trash. End of day I'm a professional at my work place. So, ill just educate you guys and you guys can pass it on. Just like the movie pay it forward. So please bring this up to all your friends. And tell them to pay it forward too.

Yes, its always been a means to an end. But there will always be other food servers that I can help by spreading my wisdom of Food Serving.

Well you tip for service not for food. That could be another lesson learned. And again, this leeching off the value and work of the chef **** is illogical. I could draw the same irrational conclusion in any work relationship. Maybe for a lefty like you thats fine, but for the kid with conservative in his sig, it seems silly.

Except you are not educating. People already know to tip 15% - 20% at restaurants and for educating to take place, both sides need to want to learn. In this instance, you still are not learning that no one on the forum cares about how much tips you made. You're not going to change any results with that approach. You're just venting.

When you stop focusing on the service industry and start focusing more on the computer engineering field, you'll still have the appreciation of what you went through. Yeah, it's gonna be tough because you'll go through nice people in life and lousy people in life. Yes, it's an unwritten code that you should pay 15% to 20% like I mentioned the first time, but not everyone is going to follow through with that unwritten code. But, that's life. One could make a case that you are just ****ing about life, but yeah, I'll be nice and say that you are venting and that's fine.

I know what you are saying about the aspect of paying the tip on the service, but let's be real here... No one should be paying someone 20% on the fact that he gave me extra bread sticks or water in a timely fashion or smiled at me with big DD breasts. They are paying for exemplary food when going to a fine dining restaurant. How is leeching off the work of the chef illogical? Most people are not going to go to a great restaurant because the scenery is beautiful or the service is great. Sure, some people will, but most people go because of the above average food being made. The point that STANDYOURGROUND made is valid even though you may be able to not see it right now.

if i get good quality service and the food is fine and on my table fast enough i will leave a good tip. if not, dont expect much. im cheap and the cost of gas and groceries isnt getting any lower.

and no, it wont be anywhere near 20%. Maybe $10 on a hundred if youre lucky and everything was up to par. Nobody here tips that nicely. tips are a show of gratuity. you shouldnt even expect them to begin with, let alone expect a certain per cent. not everybody has gsp money, and even if they did, maybe they got the impression that you, or the restaurant didnt deserve their charity?

If you cant accept it, switch professions to something a little more challenging and demanding, where you have to work for your money rather than rely on free handouts, and quit your whining. you are not entitled to extra money. it is up to the customer to decide if they want to tip, and how much. Some dude just tipped you 50 dollars, on a $350 tab (probably consisting of food and drinks that were completely overpriced to begin with)...you should be grateful you ****ing brat. im surprised you even get a job at any place in the front with that kind of attitude. Oh only 50 bucks. what a bunch of cheap bastards!

if i were to tip you 50 ****ing dollars and you still werent pleased, i would take that money back, punch you square in the ****ing face and not waste my time going back there for that kind of service. And i sure wouldnt give the place any good word of mouth if the conversation arised with my acquaintences about finding a place to eat.

thats ridiculous. ill tip 5 for every 50, and i dont care if you want to call it cheap. its better than nothing, and i can also give you that instead if you prefer. anything more and you would have to gone out of your way to earn that for me. ill gladly pay more for over the top service, but not to some entitled server with their thumb up their **** expecting to reap all the benefits from the cooks who really done all the work.

if i get good quality service and the food is fine and on my table fast enough i will leave a good tip. if not, dont expect much. im cheap and the cost of gas and groceries isnt getting any lower.

and no, it wont be anywhere near 20%. Maybe $10 on a hundred if youre lucky and everything was up to par. Nobody here tips that nicely. tips are a show of gratuity. you shouldnt even expect them to begin with, let alone expect a certain per cent. not everybody has gsp money, and even if they did, maybe they got the impression that you, or the restaurant didnt deserve their charity?

If you cant accept it, switch professions to something a little more challenging and demanding, where you have to work for your money rather than rely on free handouts, and quit your whining. you are not entitled to extra money. it is up to the customer to decide if they want to tip, and how much. Some dude just tipped you 50 dollars, on a $350 tab (probably consisting of food and drinks that were completely overpriced to begin with)...you should be grateful you ****ing brat. im surprised you even get a job at any place in the front with that kind of attitude. Oh only 50 bucks. what a bunch of cheap bastards!

if i were to tip you 50 ****ing dollars and you still werent pleased, i would take that money back, punch you square in the ****ing face and not waste my time going back there for that kind of service. And i sure wouldnt give the place any good word of mouth if the conversation arised with my acquaintences about finding a place to eat.

thats ridiculous. ill tip 5 for every 50, and i dont care if you want to call it cheap. its better than nothing, and i can also give you that instead if you prefer. anything more and you would have to gone out of your way to earn that for me. ill gladly pay more for over the top service, but not to some entitled server with their thumb up their **** expecting to reap all the benefits from the cooks who really done all the work.

Yea, Canadians are **** ****ing tippers. Thank God you can't afford my restaurant. If your kind would just stick to McDonalds, I wouldn't have made this thread.

Just out of curiosity being in the serving field if u go out to eat and have mediocre service and didn't enjoy your meal would u still tip 15-20% because u relate to other servers

I always leave 20%. More if they don't charge for drinks etc.

Who doesn't charge for scotch?

Just out of curiosity being in the serving field if u go out to eat and have mediocre service and didn't enjoy your meal would u still tip 15-20% because u relate to other servers

Last night my bar tab was $8.50 N I Left $51.50 for tip to make it an even 60...does it bother u if people try to make round numbers as long as it's a good tip and it sounds like a crazy tip but my actual tab coulda been over 120 easy so it's a win win for me n the bartender...The. bar itself is losing its **** tho lol that's why I stick to regular spots small tabs large tips...and back to the original question if the service was terrible ud still leave 20 wouldn't even think bout lower?

lol. More like sodas, bottled water, etc. Or say I order Macallan 18 neat. And my pour looks really generous. Ill give more. Always take care of those that take care of you. Its how we roll here in Vegas.

Yea, Canadians are **** ****ing tippers. Thank God you can't afford my restaurant. If your kind would just stick to McDonalds, I wouldn't have made this thread.

well considering the fact that aint nobody is tipping youre entitled **** 20% and you are crying about it some more in the thread, i take it as one of two possible scenarios. Either your place is a hole, and the next step up from mcdonalds, or maybe your attitude, or the quality of your service is total ****

here in canada aint nobody gonna tip over 10% unless its exceptional service and a good experience. if you expect free hand outs, go on welfare. its probably better than bussing tables anyways.

Last night my bar tab was $8.50 N I Left $51.50 for tip to make it an even 60...does it bother u if people try to make round numbers as long as it's a good tip and it sounds like a crazy tip but my actual tab coulda been over 120 easy so it's a win win for me n the bartender...The. bar itself is losing its **** tho lol that's why I stick to regular spots small tabs large tips...and back to the original question if the service was terrible ud still leave 20 wouldn't even think bout lower?

I don't mind rounding. I don't even mind when people just write a total in because they can't do math. Take care of those that take care of you man.

I've had $100 bar tabs come back as 20 bucks multiple times. Often the manager is in on it if he knows it's a cash table. They just start taking **** off the bill if you are a regular that tips well. I couldn't count the number of times that I have ordered 4 drinks and was charged for one.

Archived