It's on!!! Vitor Belfort vs Lyoto Machida for the MW Championship!

najma

What about Lyoto did you see last night that made you really want to see this fight? It was boring with a capital B. Moose wasn't impressive either, but I just don't get why people seem to love watching these 5 round marathons.

Furthermore, what in the hell do you people think Macheater really brings to the table against Weidman?

At least TRTor goes in for the kill. Macheater is so adverse to risk it's just annoying watching him fight. Especially when you juxtapose his fighting style against a killer like Jac who was constantly and frequently looking to end the fight from the get-go.

Furthermore, what in the hell do you people think Macheater really brings to the table against Weidman?
Lol, what does Weidman bring to the table against LyoGOAT??

Wrestling? Hahahhaahaha, USELESS.

His rudimentary striking? Hahaha.

Guess you didn't know there was a third aspect of MMA called BJJ.

Yeah I suppose you're right though, Weidman's only really good at wrestling, striking, and BJJ. How could any of those things help him sprint fast enough to catch Macheatah.

Nice two heavyweights fighting for the MW title.

BTW Machida's game outside of counter striking and speed is a joke,he has no grappling,Tito almost subbed him.

I don't trust Brasil for anything MMA,saw a few suspect scoring decisions and no way is Vitor or any high profile Brasil fighter ever getting busted.IDk if anyone else has noticed but Brasil fighters almost ALWAYS tend to look like the bigger fighter,aside from Rumble roid Johnsom who never made it to weight,so he was gaining back weight from already 10 lbs heavier.

Based purely on their respective styles, this is how I would see the fights between Machida, Belfort and Weidman turning out.

Weidman beats Belfort by submission.

Machida beats Weidman by decision.

Belfort beats Machida by T/KO.

Middleweight is actually quite interesting at the moment.

Lol, what does Weidman bring to the table against LyoGOAT??

Wrestling? Hahahhaahaha, USELESS.

His rudimentary striking? Hahaha.

I think the main obstacle to machida to get the belt against Weidman its his style. you gotta overwhelm the champion if you want to take the belt by desision. I dont see CW getting KOed... maybe Lyoto can "score points" but since the gsp vs hendricks incident i would say that underdog gotta run over the champ to win the belt.

Ok so if this does happen im gonna Vitor to TKO Weidman round 1

Then if we do somehow get that fight we know how injuries really mess up cards am gonna say Vitor 3rd round ko. Think Lyoto would struggle against Belfort his hand speed would be close if not equal to Machida's and would take away a lot of his ability to leap in and out and point score.

If Lyoto does take it I think it would be UD survive an early storm from Belfort and look to pick shots from the outside and out point him.

Archived