Guys Who Could Benefit from a New Weight Class

Jolldan

We've all see guys who look like there carrying a bit to much weight going in to fights or look like one good body kick could break them in half.

I'm gonna say Ben Henderson to WW, Rashad Evans to MW and permitting Aldo actually moves up Faber back to FW

Who do you think could benefit from a change in weight class???

Sergio Pettis

If Aldo goes up Barao probably would so Faber would be better off staying at BW if that was the case

people keep saying this.

The Plan- Aldo moves up wins LW title vacates FW title. BJ beats Frankie then fights for the now Vacated FW belt and wins. Barao stays at BW and dominates. that's the real reason BJ went down to train with Aldo and Barao.

Sergio Pettis

If Aldo goes up Barao probably would so Faber would be better off staying at BW if that was the case

people keep saying this.

The Plan- Aldo moves up wins LW title vacates FW title. BJ beats Frankie then fights for the now Vacated FW belt and wins. Barao stays at BW and dominates. that's the real reason BJ went down to train with Aldo and Barao.

Barao has wanted to go to FW for a while that's why they might see how BJ does but if Aldo moves up and BJ loses to Frankie Barao will more than likely go to FW.

I've been saying for a while that I think Rashad should be fighting at Middleweight. If DC can make 205, then Evans can make 185.

Jim Miller at 145 would be interesting, I think. That wouldn't be a very hard cut for him at all. There's a lot of interesting fights for him there too. He's not one to shy away from a fight of the night caliber match-up.

Sergio Pettis should be fighting at Flyweight. He'd do really well there, I think.

I'm going to go out on a limb on this one, because I don't know if it could ever be possible, but if Alan Belcher could drop to Welterweight I think he'd be legit. Nate Marquardt was a jacked Middleweight and cut to Welterweight somewhat successfully. The difference between them is like 2 inches in height and Belcher isn't nearly as ballooned up as Nate was at 185. If he made the cut he'd likely have a frame similar to Mike Pyle's. He's still young enough that the cut probably wouldn't be that difficult. Besides, if he cuts the weight maybe it'll make that Johnny Cash tattoo look a bit less absurd.

Another one I'll go out on a limb with; Jake Ellenberger down to Lightweight. He'd have a frame very similar to Josh Thomson and a similar skillset as well. That could be interesting, but he'd have to sacrifice some muscle, unfortunately.

I've been saying for a while that I think Rashad should be fighting at Middleweight. If DC can make 205, then Evans can make 185.

Jim Miller at 145 would be interesting, I think. That wouldn't be a very hard cut for him at all. There's a lot of interesting fights for him there too. He's not one to shy away from a fight of the night caliber match-up.

Sergio Pettis should be fighting at Flyweight. He'd do really well there, I think.

I'm going to go out on a limb on this one, because I don't know if it could ever be possible, but if Alan Belcher could drop to Welterweight I think he'd be legit. Nate Marquardt was a jacked Middleweight and cut to Welterweight somewhat successfully. The difference between them is like 2 inches in height and Belcher isn't nearly as ballooned up as Nate was at 185. If he made the cut he'd likely have a frame similar to Mike Pyle's. He's still young enough that the cut probably wouldn't be that difficult. Besides, if he cuts the weight maybe it'll make that Johnny Cash tattoo look a bit less absurd.

Another one I'll go out on a limb with; Jake Ellenberger down to Lightweight. He'd have a frame very similar to Josh Thomson and a similar skillset as well. That could be interesting, but he'd have to sacrifice some muscle, unfortunately.

Belcher weighs 225 pounds. He's already said he's coming back at light heavyweight because the cut to 185 is getting rough.

I like to see guys changing weight class because in my opinion A LOT OF GUYS could do better in other divisions.

Evans and Shogun would be better at MW.

I think Glover would be a interesting HW.

Aldo gotta move up to LW

I think Barao would do great at FW

The "new Anderson" should be back at 205 (if he comes back)

Archived