Sign in to follow this  
fourthnorseman

Sheldon Westcott looked great last night

A very impressive performance! This guy just blasted an Olympic caliber judo guy at his own game, smashed him with strikes and got the submission in under a minute.

I think its safe to say he is gonna take the contract home and we will see this dude in the UFC after that type of performance. Dude is athletic and exciting too.

Thoughts?

A very impressive performance! This guy just blasted an Olympic caliber judo guy at his own game, smashed him with strikes and got the submission in under a minute.

I think its safe to say he is gonna take the contract home and we will see this dude in the UFC after that type of performance. Dude is athletic and exciting too.

Thoughts?

Well let's not jump to conclusions, he had the perfect gameplan, bullrush the old guy. I feel like if you're 36 and have been competing for decades, as Kelly has, your ceiling in a completely new, tough sport like MMA is very low. Sheldon looked great, but it will be good to see how he goes against someone else who's more experienced and young

Thoughts?

Well let's not jump to conclusions, he had the perfect gameplan, bullrush the old guy. I feel like if you're 36 and have been competing for decades, as Kelly has, your ceiling in a completely new, tough sport like MMA is very low. Sheldon looked great, but it will be good to see how he goes against someone else who's more experienced and young

You make some good points... I was impressed with that submission and how quickly he saw the opening. We still have a couple of guys to see yet but from what we have seen so far I haven't seen anyone from either team that seems like they are on his level.

Well...to me it seemed after watching Dan Kelly in training before the fight that Judo is all he has and obviously this is MMA...to be his age and not have the techniques for punching,kicking or kneeing,i mean watch the guy when he was training for the fight...with full respect to Dan Kelly for all he has accomplished as an Olympian but he has no business being anywhere near the UFC but thats not his fault...again im amazed at who picked these fighters and again im not taking anything away from the Canadians but Dan simply didnt have the tools nor knowledge to deal with the attack the Canadian put on him and personally its hard to judge the Canadian because he didnt really have a UFC opponent to fight.

Thoughts?

You make some good points... I was impressed with that submission and how quickly he saw the opening. We still have a couple of guys to see yet but from what we have seen so far I haven't seen anyone from either team that seems like they are on his level.

yeah that arm triangle sweep/transition was very very slick, he had a great gameplan which shows good fight IQ too, and he's very humble unlike Kajan and Elias so he's much easier to like. I'm looking forward to seeing him or Elias up against Tyler (I'm expecting it's gonna be Elias), some good semi final matchups to be had

Well...to me it seemed after watching Dan Kelly in training before the fight that Judo is all he has and obviously this is MMA...to be his age and not have the techniques for punching,kicking or kneeing,i mean watch the guy when he was training for the fight...with full respect to Dan Kelly for all he has accomplished as an Olympian but he has no business being anywhere near the UFC but thats not his fault...again im amazed at who picked these fighters and again im not taking anything away from the Canadians but Dan simply didnt have the tools nor knowledge to deal with the attack the Canadian put on him and personally its hard to judge the Canadian because he didnt really have a UFC opponent to fight.

yeah I agree, I honestly feel like there needs to be an age limit, TUF should be about finding the next big thing, not just a Fight Pass gatekeeper, I know there are guys in their 30s who have potential still but I would rather them stick with the much younger, raw fighters

Thoughts?

yeah that arm triangle sweep/transition was very very slick, he had a great gameplan which shows good fight IQ too, and he's very humble unlike Kajan and Elias so he's much easier to like. I'm looking forward to seeing him or Elias up against Tyler (I'm expecting it's gonna be Elias), some good semi final matchups to be had

Yes I like the fact he is humble too. I'm Canadian and I find myself rooting for the Aussies half the time because I like their personalities more than some of the Jack-asses on the Canadian team. I would like to see Sheldon and Tyler in the final.

Before I start to be impressed by Sheldon the fight was over. Insanely fast for a TUF fight . I really felt sorry for the Aussie fighter. He seems like a good guy but just not enough arsenal to compete in UFC .

Sheldon has some potential .

Bummed about the fight last night, Matthews was the way better striker and went for that stupid takedown that cost him. He has a lot of potential though, he's currently training at Greg Jackson's with Noke and obviously Jones and a lot of other world class fighters so he has a bright future