McMann by 3rd round GnP

MIRKO_CRO_GOD

She won't get pas the first round. Ronda by arm bar!

lol like how Tate wasn't going to make it past 1st rd in their 2nd fight?

. . . And Tate did EVERYTHING wrong that was humanly possible when it came to using a game plan against RR.

Tate fought rousey already so was already schooled on how to take rousy but it was inevitable the tap was coming. Mcmann has never fought rousy and will tap as soon as the fight hits the Matt and that arm gets extended!

A high level wrestler versus a high level judoka, I have to take the wrestler, 99 times out of 100 I'll probably pick the wrestler to win when both are at the same skill level in their respective grappling art. I see most people including experts saying this will be a quick and easy win but I just don't see it like that. Ronda has a chance to win with an armbar off her back but outside of that I can't see another way of victory, and I think she will lose every round can't get an armbar in as long as McMann fights smart with a Fitch-like gameplan.

Sara McMann > Ronda Rousey -Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)

I was picking Ronda for this fight but was still disappointed by the early stoppage. However, I was impressed by McMann's ability to neutralize Ronda's judo. Ronda tried to get into position for a throw and a trip but McMann shut it down. You can tell that she, much like Ronda, has incredible core strength. However, this led to dirty boxing against the fence and the eventual knee that dropped her.

I was picking Ronda for this fight but was still disappointed by the early stoppage. However, I was impressed by McMann's ability to neutralize Ronda's judo. Ronda tried to get into position for a throw and a trip but McMann shut it down. You can tell that she, much like Ronda, has incredible core strength. However, this led to dirty boxing against the fence and the eventual knee that dropped her.

That was really the story of the fight. This was the first time that we seen Ronda's judo neutralized. I was wondering if anybody else picked up on that.

Archived