Best MMA event you ever attended in person?

cashflow

I was talking about this topic with one of my buddies a while ago, and I thought it would be interesting to ask you guys what you think.

I was at UFC 164 when Showtime armbarred Bendo. That was nuts. I was there when Showtime clowned Cerrone, Glover and Rampage danced around for 15 mins, and Dodson vs. Mighty Mouse was entertaining as hell. But the best MMA event I have ever attended in person was StrikeForce: Fedor vs. Hendo. Despite the card being filled with decisions, the line up of fighters was a caliber only reached by a few UFC pay-per-view events.

Tarec Saffiedine beat up Scott Smith. Derek Brunson beat Lumumba Sayers. JZ Cavalcante eked one out on "King" Bobby Green. Tyron Woodley kicked Paul Daley's dirty ****. Only fight that left me with a bad taste in my mouth was Tim Kennedy and his hug down routine on the guy I was most excited to see, Robbie Lawler. If I wasn't so pumped to see Lawler, I probably wouldn't have been so pissed. Women fought. I didn't care much, still don't... but Alexis Davis, Julie Kedzie, Meisha Tate, and Marloes Coenen are technically bigger stars in women's MMA than most, so... maybe other people were more stoked. Meisha won the title that night also.

Fedor vs. Hendo was the craziest atmosphere I have ever seen in person for a fight, including when Showtime won the belt in his hometown and the Bradley Center exploded. Chicago MMA events, especially with someone like Fedor, draw out all of the different ethnicities in the crowds that you normally don't see at these MMA shows in, for example, Milwaukee. It was amazing to see the entire crowd rocking back and forth chanting things in other languages and the contrast of the Hendo fans draped in the stars and stripes screaming "U-S-A!" like Hacksaw Jim Duggan was headed out there. I'll never forget seeing Fedor throwing those wild looping punches, connecting with Hendo, and then the roar of the crowd as they thought the fight was about to be stopped. Suddenly Hendo popped up from under Fedor's arm, nailed Fedor with the nasty right under his arm, and Fedor dropped onto his face. The crowd was absolutely stunned when Hendo won and hopped up onto the top of the cage. The rest is history.

So now it's your turn. What was the best MMA event you've ever been to in person?

I've been to UFC 127, UFC on FX 6 (G-Sot vs Pearson) and UFN 33 (Bigfoot vs Hunt)

I'd go with the TUF Smashes Finale at first, the Hunt/Bigfoot card was pretty average at first but then after the Shogun KO and arguably the fight of the year, it easily turned into the best event I'd seen live

I've been to UFC 127, UFC on FX 6 (G-Sot vs Pearson) and UFN 33 (Bigfoot vs Hunt)

I'd go with the TUF Smashes Finale at first, the Hunt/Bigfoot card was pretty average at first but then after the Shogun KO and arguably the fight of the year, it easily turned into the best event I'd seen live

I wish I got to see a Hunto fight. I'll trade you a Showtime fight for a Hunto fight.

I've been to every UFC event ever. My favourite was UFC99 in Germany where CroCop beat Mustapha Al-Turk. UFC'a no. 1 legendary moment.

The crowd went silent after the finish - mostly because nobody cared, it was amazing.

Do you mean in your area or is this a feeble attempt at trolling?

I've been to every UFC event ever. My favourite was UFC99 in Germany where CroCop beat Mustapha Al-Turk. UFC'a no. 1 legendary moment.

The crowd went silent after the finish - mostly because nobody cared, it was amazing.

Do you mean in your area or is this a feeble attempt at trolling?Every one since UFC 86, apart from those that weren't in my area. So yeah.

Pretty much every event I went to I enjoyed a lot. UFC 119 was not the best, but since it was my first event it was still really exciting to be there.

Johnson vs Dodson or Condit vs Kampmann 2 probably delivered the most.

I see UFC on Versus 5 in your sig... is that the one with Lytle vs. Hardy and Bendo vs. Jim Miller? I think I went to that one too... that was actually a really good event. Benavidez vs. Wineland, Bang Ludwig vs. Sadollah, Cerrone vs. Olivera. I'd probably rank that as #2 talent-wise that I've ever been to in person.

You're in Vegas, I assume?
I'm not able to confirm if you really assume that.

But no, I live in central Europe and never been to the USofA.

You know you should give up the trolling game when the person you're trolling can't even tell if you're trolling them or just a little bit slow.

Pretty much every event I went to I enjoyed a lot. UFC 119 was not the best, but since it was my first event it was still really exciting to be there.

I see UFC on Versus 5 in your sig... is that the one with Lytle vs. Hardy and Bendo vs. Jim Miller? I think I went to that one too... that was actually a really good event. Benavidez vs. Wineland, Bang Ludwig vs. Sadollah, Cerrone vs. Olivera. I'd probably rank that as #2 talent-wise that I've ever been to in person.

Yep in Milwaukee. It was a great event to go to. Benavidez tore Wineland up. Bendo tore Miller up. Cerrone got his first TKO.

I wanted to go to 164. I would have went to UFN 27 on Wed and then 164 in that same week on Sat. But, the money was an issue.

Yep in Milwaukee. It was a great event to go to. Benavidez tore Wineland up. Bendo tore Miller up. Cerrone got his first TKO.

I wanted to go to 164. I would have went to UFN 27 on Wed and then 164 in that same week on Sat. But, the money was an issue.

Damn right. I tried the same thing. I ended up choosing 164 instead of the Condit fight in... Indiana, I believe?? I went from salty to elated when they announced the main event changed from TJ Grant to Anthony Pettis. Nothing against TJ Grant, but I was absolutely certain I'd be watching another 25 min Bendo fight. I wasn't super stoked for that.

Damn right. I tried the same thing. I ended up choosing 164 instead of the Condit fight in... Indiana, I believe?? I went from salty to elated when they announced the main event changed from TJ Grant to Anthony Pettis. Nothing against TJ Grant, but I was absolutely certain I'd be watching another 25 min Bendo fight. I wasn't super stoked for that.

I ended up making plans to go down state to my buddy's college campus party thing he was having. When I found out Pettis was getting the shot because Grant got injured I was pissed I didn't just get cheap tickets for that event.

Its okay, though. I have been to 6 events. I'm possibly going to the Cincinnati card if they get some decent names on it.

I ended up making plans to go down state to my buddy's college campus party thing he was having. When I found out Pettis was getting the shot because Grant got injured I was pissed I didn't just get cheap tickets for that event.

Its okay, though. I have been to 6 events. I'm possibly going to the Cincinnati card if they get some decent names on it.

I wish I could sneak out to Cincy. A little too far to drive and my boss started keeping track of when UFC events are held to catch me up when I flake out on work to go live a little. I'm a whiner and I didn't want to pay for that last card in Chicago. I passed on the Evans vs. Davis card too. Too much money to watch some people I truly don't care about... but I'll fork over some money for Showtime every day.

I wish I could sneak out to Cincy. A little too far to drive and my boss started keeping track of when UFC events are held to catch me up when I flake out on work to go live a little. I'm a whiner and I didn't want to pay for that last card in Chicago. I passed on the Evans vs. Davis card too. Too much money to watch some people I truly don't care about... but I'll fork over some money for Showtime every day.

Yeah I'm thinking they miiight get Franklin on there, but I imagine Miocic is a definite but then again JDS wants that fight and JDS was meant to fight on the 173 card. Jessica Eye is also from that area so depending on how the fight goes against Davis she might be on the card too

Yeah I'm thinking they miiight get Franklin on there, but I imagine Miocic is a definite but then again JDS wants that fight and JDS was meant to fight on the 173 card. Jessica Eye is also from that area so depending on how the fight goes against Davis she might be on the card too

If they get JDS on that card I will go for sure.

If they get JDS on that card I will go for sure.

Pfft... I'd quit my job to go to a JDS fight.

yeah that would be a definite for sure, but I could imagine them saving him for a PPV card. Other possibilities for Miocic are Hunt, Overeem (but I think theyll fight each other) and possibly Barnett

Archived