On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate Cormiers boxing?

Soupisdelicious8

He has crazy fast hands and lots of power but his actual technique isn't great. Awesome natural striking capabilities but he needs to work on his technique.

6/10 for boxing skill in mma.

I think a little lacking in technique can be a good thing sometimes especially in mma. Too robotic tends to lack power and surprise.

I think a guy like Machida has a pretty damn good blend of speed/power, technique/spaz. He's kind of got that "unnatural naturalness" or "natural unnaturalness' that Bruce Lee described as a successful hybrid combination of both pure scientific good form but a bit robotic professional technique mixed with the sloppy and awkward but a bit unpredictable amateur novice brawler.

He has crazy fast hands and lots of power but his actual technique isn't great. Awesome natural striking capabilities but he needs to work on his technique.

I think a little lacking in technique can be a good thing sometimes especially in mma. Too robotic tends to lack power and surprise.

I think a guy like Machida has a pretty damn good blend of speed/power, technique/spaz. He's kind of got that "unnatural naturalness" or "natural unnaturalness' that Bruce Lee described as a successful hybrid combination of both pure scientific good form but a bit robotic professional technique mixed with the sloppy and awkward but a bit unpredictable amateur novice brawler.

Pretty good observation. Hopefully Cormier has the speed and the confidence to stay in the pocket and close the distance on Jones. Do any of you guys believe or hope Cormier can stay close to weight during his time off till his next fight? Or will he go the Aldo route and walk around 20-30 lbs heavier?

Pretty good observation. Hopefully Cormier has the speed and the confidence to stay in the pocket and close the distance on Jones. Do any of you guys believe or hope Cormier can stay close to weight during his time off till his next fight? Or will he go the Aldo route and walk around 20-30 lbs heavier?

At the post fight presser DC said he will stay close to weight. He's not going to bulk up and then half his camp is focused on slimming down.

He'll probably stay around 225 to 230 at the heaviest then over the course of a camp naturally get down to 210 then cut the remaining 5.

0 because he doesn't box.
Tell machida john jones is sorry for evicting him.

It was a accidental thing and machida didn't have to run away.

lol, the rustle is strong with you.

That's the slightly turned up version. You should see full blast sometimes i have 2 question myself.

Archived